The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Tom Carr, otherwise known as Tommy

Boycey

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 21, 2016, 03:28:41 PM

I'm watching on a dodgy box and for some reason the commentary on RTE is in Irish 8)

Watching on Sky now

mrdeeds

Quote from: Boycey on August 21, 2016, 03:45:45 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 21, 2016, 03:28:41 PM

I'm watching on a dodgy box and for some reason the commentary on RTE is in Irish 8)

Watching on Sky now

I wish I had sky

5 Sams

Why do they not use CiarĂ¡n Whelan in the commentary box instead of Carr???
The Aristocrat Years

never kickt a ball

Knock, novenas and our Lord all get a mention. Must have been some private competition going on between O'Rourke and Spilane. Joe on a different wavelength with his "sh1t or bust for Mayo"

sambostar

Carr thought it shouldn't have been the black card early on for the Tipp guy because it was early in the game & it was 80 odd years since their last semi. Why do we have to listen to this b0llox

Rossfan

Quote from: sambostar on August 21, 2016, 06:24:56 PM
Carr thought it shouldn't have been the black card early on for the Tipp guy because it was early in the game & it was 80 odd years since their last semi. Why do we have to listen to this b0llox
+1.
What an appalling eejit.
I would have switched to the leagan Gaeilge but we had some foreign visitors.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

God the Tipp full back was poor for the first goal today.
He may as well have made tae for him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thewobbler

Tommy Carr had always been all forms of dreadful. A great man for telling you that momentum has changed, but never able to pinpoint why. While even the worst soccer commentators (which is quite a competition) do some research on players and facts before a match, Tommy's insights come across as the work of a man who takes the Sindo to the crapper for 5 minutes before the throw-in.

But what the past couple of years with black cards have clearly highlighted is just how little he understands about the rules of the game. I'd imagine that this blatant disregard for his profession might be enough to see him shifted gently out the door.

Buckass

Tommy Carr followed by Jarlath Burns. The harmless brigade are busy today

Jinxy

Why is 'TOM' suddenly the 'go-to' guy as TV co-commentator?
He was more of a radio man before this year I thought, now he seems to be on telly every 2nd week.
I actually pine for the Marty & Martin show when I hear his voice and believe me, that takes some doing.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 09:54:02 PM
He was more of a radio man before this year I thought, now he seems to be on telly every 2nd week.
I actually pine for the Marty & Martin show when I hear his voice and believe me, that takes some doing.
McStay leaving for the galaticos probably had a part to play.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: thewobbler on August 21, 2016, 09:42:07 PM
Tommy Carr had always been all forms of dreadful. A great man for telling you that momentum has changed, but never able to pinpoint why. While even the worst soccer commentators (which is quite a competition) do some research on players and facts before a match, Tommy's insights come across as the work of a man who takes the Sindo to the crapper for 5 minutes before the throw-in.

But what the past couple of years with black cards have clearly highlighted is just how little he understands about the rules of the game. I'd imagine that this blatant disregard for his profession might be enough to see him shifted gently out the door.

Well can only hope wobbler.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Quote from: Owenmoresider on August 21, 2016, 10:16:27 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 21, 2016, 09:54:02 PM
McStay leaving for the galaticos probably had a part to play.

I had a feeling the Rossies were to blame somehow.

ck

Sunday game is really getting worse each year. 3 pundits with on the fence views, they each throw out a few boring sound bites either side of the many an ad breaks. Des Cahill just wants to be everyone's best friend and never asks a single probing question. and what's with the flashy suits. Style over substance.