The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 03, 2016, 11:27:53 PM
Cringy the laughs of Des and Ciaran when Tomas jokes about the west Kerry final.

Why?
The Aristocrat Years

Owenmoresider

Cringy the laughs of Des and Ciaran when Tomas jokes about the west Kerry final.
Never mind that, the nudging and winking about the Ó Sé and Geaney relations was a bit odd. If Des thought we were stupid enough to not cop that Dingle and An Gaeltacht are West Kerry rivals he might as well have elaborated on that too.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 04, 2016, 12:51:59 AM

Why?

No need for a loud fake laugh like Whelan did. My own opinion of course. He could have let Des at it on his own.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

If RTE have to have a Kerryman on the panel, I wish they'd get someone like Dara O'Cinneide.
After a promising start, Tomás is just playing up to the stereotype now.
Also, I have no interest in Match of the Day style 'banter'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Unlaoised

Ciaran Whelan might have a good knowledge of players and comes across well but him and O'Shea just don't work together.

Dessie Dolan is far better
LAOIS ABÚ

Jinxy

Evanne is very good I have to say.
More of Evanne please.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:16:00 PM
Evanne is very good I have to say.
More of Evanne please.

Get rid of the men altogether.

I'd prefer to listen to Martina Morrisey and Tammi Carr.
MWWSI 2017

twohands!!!

Was surprised that RTE didn't run a "This has been a political broadcast on behalf of Jarlath Burns"

Himself and Dolan came out with some amount of nonsense on Aidan's dive.

Jinxy

Evanne is more natural than Joanne Cantwell and you can tell she's a proper GAA woman.
Hope they give her more gigs like this.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:43:42 PM
Evanne is more natural than Joanne Cantwell and you can tell she's a proper GAA woman.

She was decent but she should have called Dolan and Burns on their nonsense.

The fact that they waited until almost 10 minutes into the analysis to mention the dive was fairly shocking stuff when it was the key moment in the game.

DuffleKing

Evanne was good I thought. Need to get that out of the way because the other four fronting that production were unequivocally the worst commentating and analysis teams I've ever seen. Atrocious.

I mean, at this stage you'd have to ask if RTE are running some sort of insider joke with Tom Tom. The absolute certainty he delivers pure nonsense with is incredible. The also seem to have accepted that people must want Marty's form of hill Billy waffle is what people want to hear in 2016.

Jarleth just has no insight or understanding of the game. Not a breeze. Delivery over content.
I'm not even going to get into Dessie. He's a shambles.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Jinxy on July 09, 2016, 05:43:42 PM

Actually think Joanne Cantwell is not afraid to pull the pundits up on stuff. Seen her get slightly narky with pundits before when they are talking but saying nothing. Evanne pretty much played a straight bat, Des Cahill style.

That said she was better than Dessie and Jarlath.

heffo

Bring back Cake and his trigonometry

yellowcard

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 09, 2016, 06:16:09 PM

Evanne was good I thought. Need to get that out of the way because the other four fronting that production were unequivocally the worst commentating and analysis teams I've ever seen. Atrocious.

I mean, at this stage you'd have to ask if RTE are running some sort of insider joke with Tom Tom. The absolute certainty he delivers pure nonsense with is incredible. The also seem to have accepted that people must want Marty's form of hill Billy waffle is what people want to hear in 2016.

Jarleth just has no insight or understanding of the game. Not a breeze. Delivery over content.

Sums it up perfectly.

Asal Mor

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 09, 2016, 06:16:09 PM

;D