The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Give and Go on June 19, 2016, 11:26:21 PM
Does RTE Sport not understand that football and hurling restart with kick outs and not from the centre circle? Fecking crazy that we rarely see the kick outs being taken as we are shown replays ad nauseous with the game in full flow....
poor and uneven coverage of the qualifiers... Laois v Armagh was covered live yesterday and they serve up the bulk of the coverage of the qualifiers on that game; Carlow beat Wicklow but looking at the snippets you would think Wicklow own it...Leitrim and Waterford barely covered...
Analysis is lazy too.
Jar lath is definitely playing to the electorate.
The next round of the qualifiers is now going to be in chaos to allow 2 WEEKS for the replay in Ulster - yet Louth had only 6 days.... you couldn't make it up

This was driving me nuts during the live game.
The ball is in the opposition half by the time they're done with the replays.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Burns was painful tonight.
Is he running for Uachtaràn or after Duffy's  job?
Did I hear him say Sligo won Connacht in 2010?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jinxy on June 19, 2016, 11:45:31 PM
Does RTE Sport not understand that football and hurling restart with kick outs and not from the centre circle? Fecking crazy that we rarely see the kick outs being taken as we are shown replays ad nauseous with the game in full flow....
poor and uneven coverage of the qualifiers... Laois v Armagh was covered live yesterday and they serve up the bulk of the coverage of the qualifiers on that game; Carlow beat Wicklow but looking at the snippets you would think Wicklow own it...Leitrim and Waterford barely covered...
Analysis is lazy too.
The next round of the qualifiers is now going to be in chaos to allow 2 WEEKS for the replay in Ulster - yet Louth had only 6 days.... you couldn't make it up

If the criticism is based on Cavan Tyrone they get their coverage from BBC. And could loser of replay have six day turn around.

vallankumous

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2016, 11:49:12 PM
Burns was painful tonight.
Is he running for Uachtaràn or after Duffy's  job?
Did I hear him say Sligo won Connacht in 2010?
Yes I thought he said they won it in 2010

You could be right, suddenly he's back on RTE.

omagh_gael

Analysis is lazy too.

This is what happens when BBC is in charge of the camera work. It is f**king ridiculous that one of the most important aspects of the game is being missed for replays and crowd shots.

BennyCake

Give and Go

Afraid RTE do it all the time too....hurling and football

Dinny Breen

Such BS from him around the fixtures as well, the Leinster Council had no problem bringing Kildare/Wexford forward a week, disrupting county and club plans to facilitate Corporate GAA and Bruce Springsteen. It was embarrassing watching him.  Neither Des had the balls to pull him up.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 20, 2016, 10:15:40 AM
Such BS from him around the fixtures as well, the Leinster Council had no problem bringing Kildare/Wexford forward a week, disrupting county and club plans to facilitate Corporate GAA and Bruce Springsteen. It was embarrassing watching him.  Neither Des had the balls to pull him up.
+1.
1 Leinster Qtr Final (B one at that) 21 May while 2 others ( 1 of them A) were played THREE WEEKS later.

Ah sure who cares about the Louth SF panel once we have a money spinning concert.
Sure th'oul games are only a side issue anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 19, 2016, 11:55:28 PM
Analysis is lazy too.

This is what happens when BBC is in charge of the camera work. It is f**king ridiculous that one of the most important aspects of the game is being missed for replays and crowd shots.

This is standard camerawork for the BBC NI GAA games.

I think my favourite shot from the game was the random shot of the back of two lads heads on the sideline ( I think they were part of the Cavan backroom team ) while the game was actually going on.

I'd nearly be tempted to watch the game back again and see how much of the action they actually missed because they choose to show shots of the crowd, shots of the managers (especially Harte), footage of lads on the subs bench, footage of lads waiting to come on, replays of the action all while there was game was actually going on.

Even when they did show the action I thought the camerwork was of a poor quality - there were definitely a higher than normal amount of long shots which I'm was due to the fact that when they went for closer in shots the camera lost the ball on a couple of occasions.

The GAA should make an official complaint to BBC NI such is the poor standard imo.

Jinxy

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 20, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
Analysis is lazy too.

I think my favourite shot from the game was the random shot of the back of two lads heads on the sideline ( I think they were part of the Cavan backroom team ) while the game was actually going on.

I'd nearly be tempted to watch the game back again and see how much of the action they actually missed because they choose to show shots of the crowd, shots of the managers (especially Harte), footage of lads on the subs bench, footage of lads waiting to come on, replays of the action all while there was game was actually going on.

Even when they did show the action I thought the camerwork was of a poor quality - there were definitely a higher than normal amount of long shots which I'm was due to the fact that when they went for closer in shots the camera lost the ball on a couple of occasions.

The GAA should make an official complaint to BBC NI such is the poor standard imo.

Yeah, I was wondering if they were having camera problems which meant they had to stick with one most of the time.
When the play was on the far side of the field it was like watching a load of blue and white ants running around.

omagh_gael

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 20, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
Analysis is lazy too.

I would say they missed closed to half of all kick outs, there were a few occasions when the ball was at the far end of the pitch by the time they cut back to the live action.

Hardy

On LMFM last Sunday, Stefan White in his half time analysis said the Louth defence was pedestrianised!

But that was nothing compared to last Saturday. I was in a house where they were watching Ireland v. Belgium on BBC and yer man Shearer announced at half time that there were "a few chinks in the Belgian defence". Is that the granny rule and how come nobody else knew that? And weren't there a couple of lads sacked off Sky lately for using language like that?

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on June 20, 2016, 04:21:14 PM
On LMFM last Sunday, Stefan White in his half time analysis said the Louth defence was pedestrianised!

Our forwards walked all over them.