The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: yellowcard on May 30, 2016, 10:15:09 AM
Camera work of yesterdays Cavan v Armagh match was brutal. Showing faces in the crowd whilst play was going on, zooming in on the wrong players after scores and showing replays while the action was continuing live.
The fact that, in the modern game, they feel it unimportant to show the kick-outs being taken is an insult to the viewers. Throw on the replays or the lads in the crowd until someone has the ball in their hands in the middle of the field.

naka

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 30, 2016, 09:45:34 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 28, 2016, 09:14:53 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2016, 08:36:55 AM
From a westmeath perspective what Hound said is true. Even when Westmeath should have beaten Meath in the past they couldn't get over the line. That All Ireland QF back in 2002 or 2003 was brutal.

2001?

Sure was 2001 and will you leave that buried deep in the subconscious where it belongs.

Brolly can step over the line at times but on yesterday's form there's no one to rival him for entertainment value. Comments regarding McGeeney were close to the bone but weren't without foundation. Now if he would bring a bit more analysis in to the discussion...

Brolly was vindictive yesterday
That's the third or fourth time he has taken cheap shots at mc geeney
Now I don't know if mc geeney is the real deal as a manager or not but looking at yesterday
Murnin was injured as was dyas
Harold quit all football even club football to try and build a business
Rafferty got the chance of a lifetime with first derivatives to go to Singapore and Hong Kong on big bucks
Jamie is Jamie
So he isn't really operating with a full deck of cards
Brolly talked about cross
I know he approached some of the younger guys who wanted to stabilise themselves in the cross team before moving on
So who else was there to take

yellowcard

Quote from: naka on May 30, 2016, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 30, 2016, 09:45:34 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 28, 2016, 09:14:53 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2016, 08:36:55 AM
From a westmeath perspective what Hound said is true. Even when Westmeath should have beaten Meath in the past they couldn't get over the line. That All Ireland QF back in 2002 or 2003 was brutal.

2001?

Sure was 2001 and will you leave that buried deep in the subconscious where it belongs.

Brolly can step over the line at times but on yesterday's form there's no one to rival him for entertainment value. Comments regarding McGeeney were close to the bone but weren't without foundation. Now if he would bring a bit more analysis in to the discussion...

Brolly was vindictive yesterday
That's the third or fourth time he has taken cheap shots at mc geeney
Now I don't know if mc geeney is the real deal as a manager or not but looking at yesterday
Murnin was injured as was dyas
Harold quit all football even club football to try and build a business
Rafferty got the chance of a lifetime with first derivatives to go to Singapore and Hong Kong on big bucks
Jamie is Jamie
So he isn't really operating with a full deck of cards
Brolly talked about cross
I know he approached some of the younger guys who wanted to stabilise themselves in the cross team before moving on
So who else was there to take

To answer your question, I believe that very few others are there that aren't playing county football who would add to and improve the starting XV. So I don't think that there are an abundance of players out there who are going to improve the team and it is a fallacy to suggest that Crossmaglen for example have a whole host of players who could make a significant difference at county level. They have some good promising young players such as Rushe and O'Neill who may or may not develop into county players but outside of that they have very few individual stand out players capable of making the step up.

Having said all that, you have named 5 or 6 players who aren't available to McGeeney this year. Those players by and large were available to us last season and results and performances were almost identical so I wouldn't be going out of my way to make excuses about injuries and absences. Performances have been poor and there has been no signs of us developing an effective attacking game plan.

twohands!!!

Quote from: yellowcard on May 30, 2016, 10:15:09 AM
Camera work of yesterdays Cavan v Armagh match was brutal. Showing faces in the crowd whilst play was going on, zooming in on the wrong players after scores and showing replays while the action was continuing live.

This is standard BBC NI camerawork.

They have been doing this for years.

The GAA should make a formal complaint imo.

Farrandeelin

Tommy Carr and Ger Canning. Jesus wept.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Beffs

Jesus, on the wireless,  it sounds like a crowd of castrated cats are singing the anthem.

joemamas

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 05, 2016, 01:59:27 PM
Tommy Carr and Ger Canning. Jesus wept.

Its actually Tom
Strongly built fellow

Jinxy

"He's delighted with himself."
;D ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Minder

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2016, 02:12:48 PM
;D ;D

Yeah f**k me talk about thick
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

McManus mustn't be fit.
I think that's the first time he touched the ball.

joemamas

Quote from: Minder on June 05, 2016, 02:17:02 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2016, 02:12:48 PM
;D ;D

Yeah f**k me talk about thick
Impetuous seem to be the word of the day

Jinxy

You'd almost miss Martin Carney.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy