Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 01:16:26 PM
Quote from: straightred on September 01, 2015, 01:12:24 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 01:05:43 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 01, 2015, 12:53:55 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on September 01, 2015, 12:41:18 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 31, 2015, 11:34:25 PM
McStay played for Ballymun Kickhams ffs lads, he hardly has an anti-Dublin agenda.

That means he is even more anti-Dub or it doesn't mean anything. Lots of Dub haters play in Dublin.

McStay, along with McGee are the most anti-Dublin humans on the planet, McStay should resign from the Sunday game from his agenda on Sunday, or should be sacked, agenda drive, anti Dublin bias. McGee is worse, the rest of them are alright though.

Just remember the Sunday game is a t.v show, its not the GAA or CRC etc.

f**king hell, you got off nearly scot-free on Sunday night. Given the number of unsavoury incidents Dublin have been involved in now it was crying out for the sort of bashing Tyrone got but nothing about bad smells or calling for public apologies. Whelan's complete double standards in looking for McCann to apologise and dismissing McMahon's out of hand, his mealy mouthed excuse for Cooper who committed the biggest act of thuggery this season and in the season before as "not in his nature" when 2 games ago he produced a similar nasty act where he collapsed with his knees onto a prone John Heslin.

McMahon's two punches to Boyle's head didn't even get a mention.

It would seem both teams were at it and I agree that O'Connor should be getting a ban as while it was understandable his arms would flail when impeded and fouled, he did in with such force that he was intending to cause damage. But neither side have had their reputation bashed or torn to shreds, their past transgressions have been ignored in the context of this. What this proved was the Sunday Game have an obvious agenda in place and the double standards from Whelan was scandalous if not expected.

I agree about Whelo, he was poor Sunday night and shouldn't had let the most bias human McStay slander one of the great defenders on the modern era. I hear he has been given an ultimatum, resign or make a public apology, only time will tell what he will do.

Who - Whelan or Mc stay?

McStay, but im joking of course, he has been like that for years in studio and co commentary, one match sticks out v Kildare a few years back when Dublin got a late free to win it, he let out huge moan groaning noise saying you cant give frees with seconds to go, blatant free, Dubs won, he was sick.

Nice revisionism, the party will be happy with you.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Wasn't that a Cormac Reilly "special" if memory serves me right made from 100 yards away ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Declan

I've been beating that drum for years - When your county is playing in the match none of the pundits should have a connection with them. There are plenty of people around who can give an opinion and analyse the games without feeling obliged to "back" their county in the event of controversy.

Having said that you probably couldn't get anyone to give an unbiased verdict on Dublin or Tyrone ;) ;) ;)

vallankumous

Quote from: orangeman on September 01, 2015, 04:53:59 PM
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/voices-on-the-sunday-game-are-not-the-letter-of-the-gaa-law-693561.html

Bit of balance here and no bias.

I agree with most of that.

The question isn't 'why were TSG not as hard on Dublin and mayo as they were on Tyrone'.
I thought they were appropriatly hard on them.

The question should be 'why were they so out of control when it came to Tyrone'.

Other than Brolly I thought the coverage at the weekend was good.
I think Brolly let the mask slip when he said 'if this was Tyrone and Monaghan we'd be calling it shite'.
Why those two Counties? Would he be calling it shite if it was Dublin and Fermanagh or Kerry and Kildare?
There was no reason for him to mention those two Counties in particular unless he felt guilty, felt he
needed to explain himself or for some other reason. Maybe the names came up in the RTE studio earlier that
day and were fresh in his mind.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Declan on September 01, 2015, 05:04:43 PM
I've been beating that drum for years - When your county is playing in the match none of the pundits should have a connection with them. There are plenty of people around who can give an opinion and analyse the games without feeling obliged to "back" their county in the event of controversy.

Having said that you probably couldn't get anyone to give an unbiased verdict on Dublin or Tyrone ;) ;) ;)

You can't get Brolly to comment without bias on anyone. He either loves you or hates you and beats whatever drum he sees fit rather than analysing objectively. The rest aren't so bad.

vallankumous

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 01, 2015, 05:30:09 PM

You can't get Brolly to comment without bias on anyone. He either loves you or hates you and beats whatever drum he sees fit rather than analysing objectively. The rest aren't so bad.

Brolly only beats his own

weejim

The question isn't 'why were TSG not as hard on Dublin and mayo as they were on Tyrone'.
the question is why were TCG not as hard on monaghan as they were on tyrone. they only highlighted two monaghan indiscretions as examples of tyrones cynical play/diving/time wasting.  obvious bias surely

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: weejim on September 01, 2015, 05:50:18 PM
the question is why were TCG not as hard on monaghan as they were on tyrone. they only highlighted two monaghan indiscretions as examples of tyrones cynical play/diving/time wasting.  obvious bias surely

There's an element of truth to that but what was a bigger issue is how history is only relevant to Tyrone. Dublin have number of serious transgressions and incidents to them in recent years which were not dragged into the conversation as they were with Tyrone weeks ago and what the antics that Dublin players were involved in on Sunday were of a much darker nature than Tyrone against Monaghan.

Proof if it was needed about the media's clear agenda against Tyrone.

Wildweasel74

Think most of Tyrone run ins were all this year, woudlnt want us to back track over previous years either would we.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 01, 2015, 06:26:04 PM
Think most of Tyrone run ins were all this year, woudlnt want us to back track over previous years either would we.

Backtrack away, there would be as much dirt on most of the other big teams in that time period as there is with Tyrone. There's been a lot made about Tyrone fans engaging in whataboutery in response to the depiction of Tyrone by RTE and the Southern media but that's normal as Tyrone have been singled out and vilified for actions that most of the top teams have indulged in during that period.

weejim

its quite obvious the reason why joe ,pat and colm haven't a clue how to analyse modern football, is  because it has evolved so much under the guidance of modern managers like mickey harte and jimmy mcguinness, that they haven't a clue whats going on within team structures , ie different set-ups when teams HAVE and HAVE NOT possession of the ball, how they defend, turnover possession,  transition, counter-attack and score.  there are lots of different strategies employed by the top managers but these three stoogies  haven't a clue what they are., This is evidenced by the far superior analyzis on sky tv ,. The three stoogies try to create controversy/sensationalism to cover up this fact that if you don't understand whats going on you cant analyse it.

Syferus

I wouldn't call some of the shit we've seen this year evolved. Regressed more like. Unfair on the field and off it right now.

Darby

Both teams, and Dublin in particular, were appallingly cynical last Sunday. Worse than anything we've seen from Tyrone this year, and that's saying something!