The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:53:49 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 30, 2015, 11:40:56 PM
Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:26:54 PM
Striking and attempted striking carry exactly the same punishment, category 2 infraction, rule 5.1...so many 'experts' on here who havent the first clue what theyre talking about

Yes but if the ref has striking down in his report and you prove attempted striking you'll get off and vice versa.
That cant possibly be right. Is there a precedence for this or are the home learned law degrees coming to the fore again? If its true then surely the cccc(ccccc....) are many times worse than i imagined

Yes, in 06 Anthony Lynch was sent off for striking yet in the hearing the Cork county board showed one video angle that showed he didn't make contact (Donaghy and JAck O C have since said otherwise), thus Lynch was only attempting to strike so refs report was wrong so charges were thrown out.

Il Bomber Destro

It's understandable O'Connor lashing out when he was held like he was but it is the force with which he did it that will probably result in a ban if the incidents in today's game are followed up on.

I would expect O'Connor, McMahon, Cooper and Connolly to all be banned for the replay.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on August 30, 2015, 11:47:53 PM
Is it just me or were the Dubs oléing before HT the  coked up soccer bastids??

:o

Wow

Jell 0 Biafra

Fair play to Mayo for the comeback, but Dublin definitely left that one behind them. 

The extra game will help the eventual winner; Kerry will be left almost a month without a game, can't be good for them.

rrhf

In the basket with others as a classless comment.

orangeman

The demand for a TMO seems to be gaining traction ?.

Jinxy

Not sure how useful a TMO would be when most of us still can't agree on decisions with the benefit of multiple replays.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 31, 2015, 08:36:07 AM
Not sure how useful a TMO would be when most of us still can't agree on decisions with the benefit of multiple replays.

Would agree with that.

The "penalty" decisions given and bit given as past 2 games wouldn't be clear cut, leaving aside the black cards.

imtommygunn

The penalties this last 2 weeks have had similar themes though. Kerry and Dublin have let boys run into the area unchallenged then panicked and got as many bodies in to stop them as possible but because they've been going at speed and had momentum they've ended up grounded. I don't think the referee has had any choice on either occassion as they certainly weren't dives. If Kerry or Dublin stop players, by fair or foul means, further out it wouldn't happen but they both seem suceptible when ran at.

laoislad

Quote from: rrhf on August 31, 2015, 06:00:14 AM
In the basket with others as a classless comment.
I agree.
There is no proof these guys are soccer fans.......
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Welly Man on August 30, 2015, 11:26:54 PM
Striking and attempted striking carry exactly the same punishment, category 2 infraction, rule 5.1...so many 'experts' on here who havent the first clue what theyre talking about

Yes, but they are two different fouls as such. If you are reported for 'striking' and can prove it was only 'attempted striking' then you get off on a technicality. As for the latter part of your statement, find a mirror :)

AZOffaly

By the way, Tyrone had an unlikely ally on Twitter last night. Declan O'Sullivan was saying the Sunday Game are applying double standards, as they were very hard on Tyrone, and were going softly softly on Dublin. Now I didn't see the Sunday Game at all, so I can't comment on his accuracy, but I thought it was interesting that he'd say that.

GJL

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 09:24:25 AM
By the way, Tyrone had an unlikely ally on Twitter last night. Declan O'Sullivan was saying the Sunday Game are applying double standards, as they were very hard on Tyrone, and were going softly softly on Dublin. Now I didn't see the Sunday Game at all, so I can't comment on his accuracy, but I thought it was interesting that he'd say that.

If Tyrone carried on like Dublin did yesterday there would be calls to have them expelled from the GAA. The double standards are disgusting but not surprising..

omagh_gael

Howl on now, Kevin McStay specifically pointed out that very  issue last night. If he'd have been on the night of McCann-gate we might have had a modicum of sense.

Canalman

Quote from: GJL on August 31, 2015, 09:51:33 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2015, 09:24:25 AM

If Tyrone carried on like Dublin did yesterday there would be calls to have them expelled from the GAA. The double standards are disgusting but not surprising..

Keep patient young man. That will follow later in the week. The Kerry mafia in the papers are just cranking up.
With the rugby world cup in danger of being upstaged the Indo will no doubt put the boot in as well.