The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: deiseach on August 25, 2015, 01:18:21 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 24, 2015, 09:09:55 PM
What's Colm O'Rourke's obsession with 'manliness' about anyways? It always sounds equal parts hilarious and homoerotic.

Now I have this image of O'Rourke and Brolly discussing the morality of eating oysters and snails...

Talk about nightmare fuel....

Mikhailov

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 25, 2015, 01:07:06 PM
Quote from: ck on August 24, 2015, 09:49:05 AM
In fairness to RTE they gave Tyrone a right to reply but I thought Brian McGuigan didn't do a great job. "media were unfair" is the usual line wheeled out by Tyrone. From an RTE viewpoint its hard to give a right to reply when their manager won't speak to them.

I agree, thought he came across very biased and if given another chance on the show he'll need to be more impartial.

Lads, catch yourself on - he openly admitted that Maurice Deegan had a good game and stated also that the 2nd penalty was never a penalty. What do you expect him to do - pay homage to the Gooch and all things Kingdom. For a debut on TV, I felt he done well and was put under the microscope when Des fired the usual question at him regarding the 'Tyrone mindset and paranoia'. FFS surely Des can come up with a different question to ask rather than the usual bullshit effort which every Tyrone man on TV or radio appears to have to explain this last 2 weeks - no wonder some people suggest there is paranoia when all the media do is refer to it!!!

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 25, 2015, 09:27:35 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 24, 2015, 09:09:55 PM
What's Colm O'Rourke's obsession with 'manliness' about anyways? It always sounds equal parts hilarious and homoerotic.

It's a Meath thing.
You wouldn't understand.

In fairness a man from Aughavas in Leitrim wouldn't understand it either.

Zulu

Well when you don't little else but blame the media and claim bias don't be surprised if people want that explained every time they have a chance to ask.

Tyrone Split

Evening all. Simple question - I have RTE available through my sky box on ch. 162, but don't have the sports package.

Do you know if the Sunday game coverage of tomorrow's match will therefore blocked out by sky in the same way as it often does with the champions league coverage? Cant mind what's happened with previous matches ! Cheers

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

Oisin goes for Dublin. Listening to him and reflecting on the fact that Da Bollix is on the panel and Oisin is in the stand would make you give your head a shake.

glens73

Ah no - what's happened to Carney? and Ger Canning?

Nigel White

Joe is off again " if this was Monaghan or Tyrone we'd be saying it was a pile of shite"

Il Bomber Destro

Ciaran Whelan to be calling for Cooper and McMahon to come out and apologise tonight?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Nigel White on August 30, 2015, 04:20:32 PM
Joe is off again " if this was Monaghan or Tyrone we'd be saying it was a pile of shite"

Watched the game on Sky but just saw this on Twitter. Seriously like, the fella is a barrister and should have enough experience to be able to control what he says and pick his words more carefully. There's no need for language like that when "analysing" a match and the only conclusion I can arrive at is that again he's seeking some form of notoriety. The man really is an embarrassment to RTE in my view at this stage.
That was never a square ball!!

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 30, 2015, 05:56:43 PM

Watched the game on Sky but just saw this on Twitter. Seriously like, the fella is a barrister and should have enough experience to be able to control what he says and pick his words more carefully. There's no need for language like that when "analysing" a match and the only conclusion I can arrive at is that again he's seeking some form of notoriety. The man really is an embarrassment to RTE in my view at this stage.

The problem you have though is that on this occasion, like many, he was right in what he was saying.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Throw ball on August 30, 2015, 06:02:50 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 30, 2015, 05:56:43 PM

The problem you have though is that on this occasion, like many, he was right in what he was saying.

Maybe on this occasion he was right but with kids watching in mid afternoon, he should not be using language like that just to get himself even more notoriety! I'm not trying to do a "will somebody think if the children" rant here but combined with his sexual innuendo reference last week, I just don't think RTE can continue to employ someone who clearly can't control his language...or chooses not to control it.
That was never a square ball!!

DuffleKing

Are people still watching these boys?

Jinxy

I only un-mute the volume when I see Colm's lips moving.
By the way, this thing Brolly does where he physically reaches his arm across somebody while they're trying to speak is sheer pig-ignorance.
If you were any use you'd be playing.