The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2015, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 18, 2015, 10:10:48 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 17, 2015, 10:30:30 PM
The difference is that the hurling pundits aren't that long retired.  They get excited by the cut and thrust, the fights, the game and hence the commentary is better, more honest.  These old cranky football pundits are now so removed from football that they don't understand it.  That's why you had Pat Spillane getting excited by the Meath/Mayo brawl when he still had his  mojo.  They are taking the constraints of growing old out on the football-loving public of Ireland and rotting the heart out of the viewers who diligintly tune in to watch every week, only to be handed up sanctimonius tripe.

no long retired?tomas mulcahy,Loughnane,farrell,the like of eddie brennan is a breath of fresh air,also donal og and king henry,

Have to say I don't find any of them good at all. Just cliches and soundbytes

That's because, as with everything else, you think you could do it better. You're probably sitting in the house every Sunday aghast that they still haven't rug - do the really not know?

macdanger2

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 19, 2015, 07:03:03 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 19, 2015, 10:13:55 AM
Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 18, 2015, 10:10:48 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on August 17, 2015, 10:30:30 PM
The difference is that the hurling pundits aren't that long retired.  They get excited by the cut and thrust, the fights, the game and hence the commentary is better, more honest.  These old cranky football pundits are now so removed from football that they don't understand it.  That's why you had Pat Spillane getting excited by the Meath/Mayo brawl when he still had his  mojo.  They are taking the constraints of growing old out on the football-loving public of Ireland and rotting the heart out of the viewers who diligintly tune in to watch every week, only to be handed up sanctimonius tripe.

no long retired?tomas mulcahy,Loughnane,farrell,the like of eddie brennan is a breath of fresh air,also donal og and king henry,

Have to say I don't find any of them good at all. Just cliches and soundbytes

That's because, as with everything else, you think you could do it better. You're probably sitting in the house every Sunday aghast that they still haven't rug - do the really not know?

;D ;D

Gaffer

Up yours Sunday Game

Ban thrown out

Ha ha
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

screenexile

Quote from: Gaffer on August 19, 2015, 10:40:40 PM
Up yours Sunday Game

Ban thrown out

Ha ha

Who exactly are you referring to when you speak of the Sunday Game? Who on the Sunday Game said he should be banned for 2 months??

If I'm not mistaken it was the bould Joe Brolly who said the ban was unlawful in the first place!!

Having it overturned doesn't make McCann any less culpable for what he did nor does it make the act he committed any less disgusting. Hopefully he gets a proper belt on Sunday and he won't have to dive this time!!

If he'd anything about him he'd have said it was stupid and that he did it in the heat of the moment and he was sorry and it would all have blown over!!

Gaffer

Sure why don't you  call for Finlay to hand himself over to An Gardai for his violent assault on Cavanagh

reddgnhand

Quote from: screenexile on August 19, 2015, 10:48:48 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 19, 2015, 10:40:40 PM
Up yours Sunday Game

Ban thrown out

Ha ha

Who exactly are you referring to when you speak of the Sunday Game? Who on the Sunday Game said he should be banned for 2 months??

If I'm not mistaken it was the bould Joe Brolly who said the ban was unlawful in the first place!!

Having it overturned doesn't make McCann any less culpable for what he did nor does it make the act he committed any less disgusting. Hopefully he gets a proper belt on Sunday and he won't have to dive this time!!

If he'd anything about him he'd have said it was stupid and that he did it in the heat of the moment and he was sorry and it would all have blown over!!

Did you call for Enda Lynn to say sorry when he got McGovern a red card this year?

Gaffer

Can say this for the second time........

Up yours Sunday Game

Appeal successful

Ha Ha !!!!!

moysider

Quote from: Gaffer on August 20, 2015, 01:11:05 AM
Can say this for the second time........

Up yours Sunday Game

Appeal successful

Ha Ha !!!!!

Ha ha indeed.

I'd have banned his hairdresser instead tbh. I m sure Hughes was given an apology as well?

A head like that is asking to be smacked - let alone rubbed. Dived because somebody upset his 'look at me' do.

imtommygunn

Meyler appeal successful too. Black card rescinded.

[Edit] Kevin Keane too.

Everyone gets off!

Rossfan

Might as well abolish referees while they're at it.
How about the Monaghan lad that got a red for tossing McCheat's hair do?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

I'll be cheering for Tyrone on Sunday. But the idea that everyone is laughing at the authorities who tried, however hamfistedly, to do something about diving rather than laughing - and not in a haha way - at Tiernan McCann is, er, laughable. At least now we can stop talking about him as a victim and see him for what he really is.

AZOffaly

But deiseach they made themselves a laughing stock, that's the thing. And this was called from a long way out, i.e. the minute the suspension was announced.

Yes, deal with diving, but don't make a bollox of it like they did.

deiseach

You think they made themselves a laughing stock. I don't. When we are having the same goddamn discussion next year because no one is willing to grasp the nettle, we'll see who is laughing.

AZOffaly

Rubbish. Grasp the nettle at congress and do it correctly. If the GAA disciplinary structures are so flimsy and ad hoc, then that's a problem for the association to deal with properly. Not some sort of horseshite scattergun approach that decides who gets suspended based on what level of public outcry there is. That's not sustainable and IS laughable.

Bingo

I don't think that there is a sport in the world that even comes close to the GAA for u-turns, suspension appeals, card appeals etc. Its farcical at this stage. Appeal it and it will change.

They have made a complete mother and father of a balls of this. Applying a ban that wouldn't hold up and then overturning the other cards. Who'd be a ref and make the big calls.

Half of what goes on in the GAA seems to be played out behind closed doors.