The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on August 16, 2015, 06:03:21 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 16, 2015, 06:02:14 PM
Does every thread have to be a Tyrone whinge?

You beat me to it. Cop on lads.

Nothing useful to contribute from you pair, unsurprisingly

trileacman

Great match but if I was a Tipp man I'd feel a bit hard done by the penalty incident. Tipp players can have no complaints though, too many big names were just anonymous. O'Meara, Bonner, Shane McGrath, Forder and Padraic Maher were just MIA. Woodlock and Bubbles played in fits. Barry was tremendous and it's all been said about Callanan. A terrible shame to think a player of his calibre will watch the final from the stands. You'd love to see him let loose on the Cats with that Galway team.

So was it Galway who outshone the Tipp star men or was it a case of Tipp's big names not turning up?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Its not surprising that its football first posters complaining of that pull down.... The lad was booked penalty given there is only one keeper on the line, he scored from it.. Get a fecking grip... Best game on the Sunday game this year??

If that was your county playing and he pulled him down then no complaints
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Same happened to Galway in the first 10 minutes sure and they didn't even get a point from it

trileacman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
Its not surprising that its football first posters complaining of that pull down.... The lad was booked penalty given there is only one keeper on the line, he scored from it.. Get a fecking grip... Best game on the Sunday game this year??

Definitely. It's just the double standards that exist that frustrate me. If you pull a man down in a football game you're in for a full character assassination and it's the death of the game as we know it whilst we drown in a sea of cynicism. In hurling it's accepted as part of the game and there's nothing but praise for the game.

Cracking game, full of positives. If you're a miserable bastard you can highlight a few incidents and dwell on them to your hearts content and that's all the football pundits can do anymore.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on August 16, 2015, 07:14:13 PM

Definitely. It's just the double standards that exist that frustrate me. If you pull a man down in a football game you're in for a full character assassination and it's the death of the game as we know it whilst we drown in a sea of cynicism. In hurling it's accepted as part of the game and there's nothing but praise for the game.

Cracking game, full of positives. If you're a miserable b**tard you can highlight a few incidents and dwell on them to your hearts content and that's all the football pundits can do anymore.

Well don't drag everyone else down with it!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Cracking game, full of positives. If you're a miserable b**tard you can highlight a few incidents and dwell on them to your hearts content and that's all the football pundits can do anymore.

There is your problem there, last Saturdays game was a cesspit of poison with few positives, had it been a "cracking game, full of positives" the analysts would have skipped past a few incidents of negativity with great ease.. Do you think they want to sit there every week and moan??

Milltown Row2

To be fair to the hurling analysts they have said the hurling has been poor due to the sweepers, and  negative tactics..

You've one problem with the football analysts... Brolly and the rest, get someone else in

omaghjoe

Quote from: Boycey on August 16, 2015, 07:25:31 PM

There is your problem there, last Saturdays game was a cesspit of poison with few positives, had it been a "cracking game, full of positives" the analysts would have skipped past a few incidents of negativity with great ease.. Do you think they want to sit there every week and moan??

Thats pure BS, it was a great game and a cracking performance from Tyrone, which has been largely ignored. Monaghan's frustration boiled over at the end and instead of ignoring it ,Tyrone joined in, but Tyrone have got 100% of the blame for it

straightred

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 16, 2015, 06:52:51 PM
Same happened to Galway in the first 10 minutes sure and they didn't even get a point from it

It was worse - the lad actually scored a goal but the whistle had gone.

tyrone fans will do anything to deflect and rewrite history. Other counties aren't as scrutinised because they don't deserve to be - simple really.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 16, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
Quote from: Boycey on August 16, 2015, 07:25:31 PM

Thats pure BS, it was a great game and a cracking performance from Tyrone, which has been largely ignored. Monaghan's frustration boiled over at the end and instead of ignoring it ,Tyrone joined in, but Tyrone have got 100% of the blame for it

+1

Last week was superb game, easily Tyrone's best performance since the 08 final and some of the scores from both sides were magnificent, end-to-end with great intensity and high skill levels on show - something that you'd fail to see in any a game involving teams from the same province in Munster, Leinster and Connacht.

BennyHarp

Quote from: straightred on August 16, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

It was worse - the lad actually scored a goal but the whistle had gone.

tyrone fans will do anything to deflect and rewrite history. Other counties aren't as scrutinised because they don't deserve to be - simple really.

Your last paragraph just sums up the problem really! I purposely didn't post about the incident in the match thread as I didn't want to deflect from what was a great game. I mentioned it here because I genuinely was interested to see if the analysts even tackled these issues. I'm 100% happy that they didn't mention it and concentrated on the game. Hopefully the football "analysts" can take a leaf out of that book. Just imagine if a similar incident occurs next weekend towards the end of a great game. Would the analysis be focused on the game?
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on August 16, 2015, 06:03:21 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 16, 2015, 06:02:14 PM
Does every thread have to be a Tyrone whinge?

You beat me to it. Cop on lads.

Yeah usually by people from outside the county.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

muppet

If I was supporting my county's boycott of RTE, I wouldn't even know what happened on The Sunday Game.  ;D

I did like Marty's comment '< insert tipp player> is surrounded by Andy Smith'.
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Yer man didn't even get a yellow for it!!