The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

It's Kilkenny/Wexford and Tipp/Limerick live on RTE anyway.

Owenmoresider

Sligo/Ros and Laois/Galway on Sky

J70

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 15, 2015, 12:14:57 PM
What games are on TV next weekend?? Double hurling on rte on Sunday I presume?? And the Monaghan v Fermanagh on BBC? Will Sligo v Ross be shown live?

Are the 12am throw-in times (taken from rte.ie) correct??

20 Jun 2015 12am    Laois    v    Antrim    O'Moore Park
20 Jun 2015 2pm    London    v    Cavan    Ruislip, London
20 Jun 2015 2pm    Waterford    v    Offaly    Fraher Field
20 Jun 2015 7pm    Longford    v    Carlow    Pearse Park, Longford

20 Jun 2015 12am    Laois    v    Galway    O'Connor Park
20 Jun 2015 7pm    Sligo    v    Roscommon    Markievicz Park
21 Jun 2015 2pm    Kilkenny    v    Wexford    Nowlan Park
21 Jun 2015 4pm    Limerick    v    Tipperary    Gaelic Grounds, Limerick
21 Jun 2015 4pm    Monaghan    v    Fermanagh    Breffni Park

12am??

AZOffaly

The witching hour for Laois and Antrim. I presume they mean 12 noon. Actually I bet they put in 00:00 as the time because they are trying to figure out how they can get Laois supporters from Portlaoise to Tullamore for the hurlers.

So it probably is 12am but they really meant TBC.

Jinxy

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 15, 2015, 12:35:55 PM
Sligo/Ros and Laois/Galway on Sky

Can't wait to see how the British viewers react to the bus on Twitter.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on June 15, 2015, 05:34:36 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 14, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
Quote from: LilySavage on June 14, 2015, 05:39:11 PM
"I make the definite prediction that if Galway are to get into this game now, they need a goal.."..a bold prediction there Tom with Galway 5 pts downin 69th minute.

Say it ain't so... Jesus  :-[

He definitely said that.  ;D

I know. I thought I had misread the clock when I heard it. Bad and all as TC is he said Galway had to take Hanley off AOS after 38 mins. KW never budged.

twohands!!!

On Early saw this on Twitter

UnOfficialGaa ‏@unofficialgaa  18h18 hours ago
The Tomás Ó Sé "I think you are talking shite" Look #GAA #SundayGame

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: thejuice on June 14, 2015, 11:02:30 PM
Tommy Carr would make you depressed listening to him.

Which is one of many reasons why no one wanted to play for him. Destroyed a very promising underage team in Westmeath.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

joemamas

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 16, 2015, 12:14:07 PM

Which is one of many reasons why no one wanted to play for him. Destroyed a very promising underage team in Westmeath.

That was also my feeling listening to the games last Sunday. Tough to listen to.

Syferus

Pretty sure that was Mayo. The team that won the AI at a canter no less..

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on June 16, 2015, 03:53:32 PM

Haha, Syferus getting a bit annoyed for someone not giving his beloved Mayo enough credit.  When are you going to admit to actually supporting Mayo instead of this pretence that you follow Roscommon.

shark

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on June 16, 2015, 04:01:13 PM

Haha, Syferus getting a bit annoyed for someone not giving his beloved Mayo enough credit.  When are you going to admit to actually supporting Mayo instead of this pretence that you follow Roscommon.

I think Croi was more likely referring to some talented players not playing for Carr. The best of those players was playing centre forward against Wexford on Sunday, so it hasn't affected his development. Don't think that minor team would have done better under anyone else, but don't read that as an endorsement for Carr. His track record is much more miss than hit.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: joemamas on June 16, 2015, 02:35:26 PM

That was also my feeling listening to the games last Sunday. Tough to listen to.

Worse co-commentator ever, Tommy Carr belongs with the neanderthals at the Nights Watch .......................... Id take McStay any day over him or Carney

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: shark on June 16, 2015, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on June 16, 2015, 04:01:13 PM

I think Croi was more likely referring to some talented players not playing for Carr. The best of those players was playing centre forward against Wexford on Sunday, so it hasn't affected his development. Don't think that minor team would have done better under anyone else, but don't read that as an endorsement for Carr. His track record is much more miss than hit.

Really? Got their arses handed to them against Kildare in the Leinster Final and against Mayo in the quarters. Won all around them at U16 level and if the management that had moved through the ranks with them hadn't been booted out they would have been a more solid unit. Not to mention the players who walked away/concentrated on hurling in disgust at the removal of management.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fuzzman

Does anyone know who was that northern girl on TSG hosting the camogie coverage.
Where is she from?