The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Des Cahill asks McStay what he thinks of Limerick. He answers realistically with no Bulls*it. And Des looks disappointed he did not give some spin that Limerick will do damage in the backdoor!

Have to say there are about 10+ teams the back door is useless for. More of an extra game annoyance than anything else!

Mikhailov

Quote from: Westside on May 24, 2015, 10:56:41 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Great to see two Rossies on the panel tonight  ;)

Cake is no dummy lad.

He does a good job of sounding like one. Did you see his geometry analysis? It was like something off Republic of Telly.

IMO Cake was useless, tried to explain how Monaghan beat the blanket but in two of the examples we seen a backward pass and a 100% hospital pass - complete crap talk....

By the way, he looks like he ate all the cake plus the left overs!!

Syferus

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 24, 2015, 11:22:19 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 24, 2015, 10:55:21 PM
Great to see two Rossies on the panel tonight  ;)

Cake is no dummy lad.

He does a good job of sounding like one. Did you see his geometry analysis? It was like something off Republic of Telly.

IMO Cake was useless, tried to explain how Monaghan beat the blanket but in two of the examples we seen a backward pass and a 100% hospital pass - complete crap talk....

By the way, he looks like he ate all the cake plus the left overs!!

Cute.

Jinxy

Don't be getting sensitive on us Syfín.
It's only a bit of fun after all.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 24, 2015, 11:22:19 PM

The second of those "diagonal balls" was a 15-20m pass from the corner forward position back towards the 21, not what's generally called a diagonal ball.

His first night on though (I think) so I wouldn't be too harsh on him

weareros

Cake spoke well. He didn't cut loose like he has on radio though. We might see that later in the Summer. Though Des cut him off fairly quick on his London point. The examples were probably picked by a researcher and were not very illustrative of the point he wanted to make.

ONeill

I thought he did well. Said us northerners were obsessed with defensive systems and hadn't a clue what to do when we crossed the half way line. Hard to argue.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Shane are you sure he wasn't talking about Arsenal?

ck

Quote from: ONeill on May 25, 2015, 12:32:28 AM
I thought he did well. Said us northerners were obsessed with defensive systems and hadn't a clue what to do when we crossed the half way line. Hard to argue.

Refreshing to hear a pundit say it like it is. He was spot on with this point.
Any coach can "coach" getting men back but it's the top coaches who coach attacking play. Cake got this one spot on.

BennyHarp

Quote from: ck on May 25, 2015, 09:55:40 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 25, 2015, 12:32:28 AM

Refreshing to hear a pundit say it like it is. He was spot on with this point.
Any coach can "coach" getting men back but it's the top coaches who coach attacking play. Cake got this one spot on.

Yes, refreshing to hear someone make a bland generalisation about northern football. That's never been done before, especially on RTE.
That was never a square ball!!

highorlow

QuoteRefreshing to hear a pundit say it like it is.

WTF is a vertical kick when it's at home?

Cake was going on about vertical kicks in his analysis and "jaw-met- three". I do think he means horizontally arched kicks rather than vertical kicks?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Can't believe people fall for cake , if there ever was an example of a fraud he was and is one .He'll be found out if he ever has to chat on the spot without rehearsal/research because he genuinely knows very little . Pure chancer who made it through chancing his arm and waffling too.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Bingo

I thought Curran was brutal on the panel last night, he seemed to have a point to make and no matter what he was asked he was going down that line and he threw in a few big non-football words to make himself sound relevant.

And he rambled on, don't think I've ever heard a pundit talk so long in what was effectively one sentence on the same point told 4 different ways. Des was trying to get him wrap it up.

He still wasn't the worse thing on it, Des Cahills tie was a disgrace.

Shamrock Shore

I thought Cake was talking through his hole.

Jesus - he made a few auld passes sound like they had been hatched in NASA using top, and I mean top, scientists.

Triangles me arse.

Syferus

I think if Plato came back to life and started doing a bit of punditry half the people here would be complaining.

What's the perfect GAA Board pundit? Someone who doesn't offend the sensitive Ulster souls, doesn't mention Dublin's money mountain or Kerry's soft province?

Des Cahill it is so lads.