The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcard

Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2015, 10:12:52 PM
Quote from: Bensars on May 17, 2015, 09:59:56 PM
Feck me, Benny Coulter must have had a wile hard time.

Serious make-up there.

Serious sledging there

Whishtup

T'was like the Joe Duffy show there for a while...
"...so Benny, did they talk te ya?"
"..they did, joe, they did..."
"what did they say Benny, what did they say..."
"..it was awful, Joe.."
"did they man mark you, Benny, did they keep ya scoreless, how many were there, 3, 4...tell us, Benny, tell us..."
<sob, sob>"...Ah can't, Joe, ah can't."
<Phone hangs up>

twohands!!!

Quote from: Whishtup on May 17, 2015, 10:22:37 PM
T'was like the Joe Duffy show there for a while...
"...so Benny, did they talk te ya?"
"..they did, joe, they did..."
"what did they say Benny, what did they say..."
"..it was awful, Joe.."
"did they man mark you, Benny, did they keep ya scoreless, how many were there, 3, 4...tell us, Benny, tell us..."
<sob, sob>"...Ah can't, Joe, ah can't."
<Phone hangs up>

Twas woeful stuff altogether.

ONeill

And 'Who's your favourite player, Benny?'
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

joemamas

Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2015, 10:27:13 PM
And 'Who's your favourite player, Benny?'

just watched it, blame that tool Des. He is pathetic.
Is it me, or is Tomas O Se full of lazy analysis or cliches. good god. That Kerry shite, "well this is what we did" is getting a bit old already.
btw, not questioning his football ability. Good luck to him for monitizing it. Just feel there is not a lot of value add.
In my opinion Ciaran Whelan and Kevin McStay miles ahead of the rest.

theticklemister

I like Whelean and mc stay too.

I like the new feature of the camera showing an aerial view of pitch before the game.

50fiftyball

Listening to Brolly, O'Rourke and Spillane after the game was 10x more enjoyable than the Sunday game last night. Sunday game a bore-fest with that Des clown, I agree Whelan only one who provides decent tactical analysis. Benny Coulter offered no better of an insight into the game than a supporter.

Sure, those 3 may be hard to listen to bickering but at least they do know their stuff.

Jinxy

Would they not try and get Oisin McConville or Tony McEntee on as a regular panellist?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

5 Sams

I think yiz being a bit harsh on Benny lads. After all it was his first time on the show. Give him a chance.
The Aristocrat Years

tippabu

Whatever about the panelists, Sunday game will always be terrible as long as that clown des cahill is hosting.

INDIANA

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 18, 2015, 10:33:11 AM
I think yiz being a bit harsh on Benny lads. After all it was his first time on the show. Give him a chance.

I thought he did quite well personally . You have a hologram of a host so can't expect much

DuffleKing

Quote from: 50fiftyball on May 18, 2015, 10:18:54 AM
Listening to Brolly, O'Rourke and Spillane after the game was 10x more enjoyable than the Sunday game last night. Sunday game a bore-fest with that Des clown, I agree Whelan only one who provides decent tactical analysis. Benny Coulter offered no better of an insight into the game than a supporter.

Sure, those 3 may be hard to listen to bickering but at least they do know their stuff.

I must live in a parallel universe

BennyHarp

Quote from: tippabu on May 18, 2015, 10:38:05 AM
Whatever about the panelists, Sunday game will always be terrible as long as that clown des cahill is hosting.

Does he still do the hilarious thing were he drops in a word that his "followers" on Twitter have suggested?
That was never a square ball!!

joemamas

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 18, 2015, 01:05:27 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 18, 2015, 10:38:05 AM

Does he still do the hilarious thing were he drops in a word that his "followers" on Twitter have suggested?

Do you think that any person in RTE management looks at this type of feedback or do they;
A) not give a shi*e
b) Think the host is doing a good job.

From the Bunker

Most of the games on the weekend were in Leinster. O'Se has little or no knowledge of the Carlows, Westmeaths, Louth and Westmeaths of the world. He would have little or no knowledge (really) of Connacht either, so his analysis of Galway and Leitrim was limited. Benny was lost here also, but at least he'd understand the Donegal/Tyrone game better than the other two. The ends and out of it, put an analyst from the province that are being shown, they know (most of the time) the real score. O'Se looking more a bluffer as the weeks go on!