The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

What's with all the Mayo lads having a go at Colm?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 12, 2014, 11:20:16 PM

The Mayo-Leitrim rivalry is a strong one, Jinxer.

macdanger2

I remember a time when Meath lads wouldn't even notice that sort of thing, have the whole lot of ye gone soft or what??

ck

Much as it annoys me to admit it, i think we all enjoy Brollys views and rants. He is a solid observer of the game but usually goes too far when pointing out weaknesses. However when we see Brolly in the line up for analysis we all secretly are content knowing we are going to be entertained and will get plenty of talking points.
The most popular analysts onRTE have always been outspoken, controversial and blunt.. Martin McHugh tried on all fronts but failed badly.

Jinxy

Quote from: ck on August 13, 2014, 12:02:35 AM
Much as it annoys me to admit it, i think we all enjoy Brollys views and rants. He is a solid observer of the game but usually goes too far when pointing out weaknesses. However when we see Brolly in the line up for analysis we all secretly are content knowing we are going to be entertained and will get plenty of talking points.
The most popular analysts onRTE have always been outspoken, controversial and blunt.. Martin McHugh tried on all fronts but failed badly.

I used to think that.
Now I just find myself tired of how awkward and uneasy the atmosphere is in the studio.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

imtommygunn

I wonder do any of the other analysts like him at all?

Any time I see him he's just patronising everyone else.

From the Bunker

What's with Colm having a go at the Mayo Lads is the answer to your question. There is always a subtle undertone to Colm's analysis when it comes to us. This year was the first time he picked Mayo to beat Galway in the Championship since he started this gig. He had to give in this year as he would look more stupider than last year when he went with them.

Hardy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2014, 07:40:20 PM

What's with Colm having a go at the Mayo Lads is the answer to your question. There is always a subtle undertone to Colm's analysis when it comes to us. This year was the first time he picked Mayo to beat Galway in the Championship since he started this gig. He had to give in this year as he would look more stupider than last year when he went with them.

You actually follow/remember that?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

Yeah, it's been so consistent (him constantly picking Galway, it's a running Joke), that one could not remember it otherwise. If he was picking Mayo here and there it would be harder to remember do you not think? I found last years prediction the funniest. Galway a Division two side with no form who had lost to Sligo and Antrim the year before were expected to beat a team who had reached the AI final. At half time Brolly (who had picked Mayo) could not contain himself at half time.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 13, 2014, 09:32:01 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

Yeah, it's been so consistent (him constantly picking Galway, it's a running Joke), that one could not remember it otherwise. If he was picking Mayo here and there it would be harder to remember do you not think? I found last years prediction the funniest. Galway a Division two side with no form who had lost to Sligo and Antrim the year before were expected to beat a team who had reached the AI final. At half time Brolly (who had picked Mayo) could not contain himself at half time.

Picked Roscommon before the 2011 Connacht final too :'(

Farrandeelin

I'm sure you did likewise Syf ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 13, 2014, 10:36:33 PM
I'm sure you did likewise Syf ;)

We can be sure you did, Farr.

highorlow

Jinxy, less of the rhetorical questions.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rrhf

Another example of the titillation and indeed mockery that Rte love to make out of gaelic football.  Great craic though.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.