The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: hardstation on August 05, 2014, 06:14:33 PM
Right, yis have ripped the piss out of this now.

I agree, it is only a piddling little thing.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

yellowcard

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 05, 2014, 06:13:13 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2014, 06:11:49 PM
Its just another example of some peoples determination to be outraged and offended at the smallest thing possible. If you've never witnessed it on a football field before then your either a liar or blind. It doesn't look great in the middle of GAA headquarters and they deserve a fine, but there are more important things going on than to over hype something as trivial.

You did see the bit if my post that said I've seen it before but never at that level?

I'm not ready to trawl through every single post but I get the jist of what your saying. To label a man a sc**bag for pissing on a field is way ott and out of order. Its not great looking and I think it should be punishable with a fine but there is no for name calling. If your team-mate had done the same in a pre-match huddle would you call him a sc**bag to his face?

take_yer_points

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2014, 06:26:02 PM
Its just another example of some peoples determination to be outraged and offended at the smallest thing possible. If you've never witnessed it on a football field before then your either a liar or blind. It doesn't look great in the middle of GAA headquarters and they deserve a fine, but there are more important things going on than to over hype something as trivial.

You did see the bit if my post that said I've seen it before but never at that level?

I'm not ready to trawl through every single post but I get the jist of what your saying. To label a man a sc**bag for pissing on a field is way ott and out of order. Its not great looking and I think it should be punishable with a fine but there is no for name calling. If your team-mate had done the same in a pre-match huddle would you call him a sc**bag to his face?

You obviously haven't read the posts - sc**bag was not mentioned

yellowcard

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 05, 2014, 06:28:41 PM

Dirtbag then, you know full well what I'm on about no need to play about with words. Would you pull up your own clubman and call him a dirtbag if you seen it happening?

take_yer_points

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2014, 06:41:53 PM
Quote from: take_yer_points on August 05, 2014, 06:28:41 PM

Dirtbag then, you know full well what I'm on about no need to play about with words. Would you pull up your own clubman and call him a dirtbag if you seen it happening?

I've pulled up team mates on it before. My point is I think it's poor form on any pitch, but moreso in front of so many people and where there's tv cameras

Jinxy

Being watched by people who will go to the trouble of rewinding, pausing, taking a picture etc.
This was the hot topic on the Ray Darcy show today and was also a big story in the mirror I think.
That's the sort of company you're keeping here.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

5 Sams

Portaloos  on the sideline. Problem solved.
The Aristocrat Years

crossfire

TYP,  you are a Tool. ;D

Dont Matter

It's no wonder Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke have lasted so long when the new crew include lads like Whelan and Early. Two spoofers who were fond of using their elbows on the pitch. Tomás is ok but his brother is better, apart from that their all poor. McHugh is a joke, at least Davis is gone but they could do with bringing back Tohill and finding a few new knowledgeable heads.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Syferus

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 05, 2014, 10:31:39 PM
It's no wonder Brolly, Spillane and O'Rourke have lasted so long when the new crew include lads like Whelan and Early. Two spoofers who were fond of using their elbows on the pitch. Tomás is ok but his brother is better, apart from that their all poor. McHugh is a joke, at least Davis is gone but they could do with bringing back Tohill and finding a few new knowledgeable heads.

You're some tool.

Dont Matter

'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Hardy

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 05, 2014, 06:06:33 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2014, 05:59:12 PM
Be thankful TYP has never seen the famous Gary Linenker incident, he'd have it plastered all over the board.

Took the photo down

Good man.

squire_in_navy_slacks

We wont be getting any lads from Laois on the panel...................... Neanderthals, Parkinson is un-presentable for the t.v

WT4E

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 06, 2014, 11:30:24 AM

We wont be getting any lads from Laois on the panel...................... Neanderthals, Parkinson is un-presentable for the t.v

lol Would rather see someone casually dressed giving good analysis - Mugsy and O'Hara should not be used due to crimes against Irish Fashion!