The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Whelan is a good analyst, probably the best rte have

muppet

Quote from: Orangemac on June 08, 2014, 10:46:05 PM
Des Cahill just said Shakalakaboomboom on Sunday game. Seems to be as part of some sort of dare where he has to say certain words every week. These words are sent in on Twitter.

Is this how RTE are stepping up to the plate in face of Sky showing GAA?

#descahill Please, please, please say Brolizedik after every sentence!
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

Armagh looking like areal bunch of pricks there, especially Mckeever, even when split up and cavan move to the outside line, McKeever comes up again lining up along the wire, so that obviously pre planned move.

BennyHarp

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 08, 2014, 10:47:30 PM

I've been quite impressed by Thomas O'Se too.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 08, 2014, 11:07:38 PM

I've been quite impressed by Thomas O'Se too.

It is time to move on to these younger lads and away from Brolizedik and Pat.

MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Yeah, thought tomas was decent too

Do rte not have the rights for highlights of the games that are on sky?? (and vice versa)

WT4E

Quote from: lenny on June 03, 2014, 07:10:03 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on June 03, 2014, 04:56:47 PM
I take it all back, that was awful muck on Sunday having a discussion about the black card. It's highlights and insightful analysis we want to see, and not allocating the main highlights to a match that was already shown live that afternoon.  >:(

Totally agree. I was really looking forward to the highlights of the Antrim Fermanagh game but it was condensed into a couple of minutes with most of the scores not shown. The black card debate was quite interesting but took too long. I also think eoin mulligan is terrible as a pundit. He has worked for bbc in this role for a year or 2 but shows no signs of improvement. If they want a Tyrone perspective on rte they should've gone for enda Mcginley.  He is intelligent, articulate and gives a good insight. Very impressed with Tomas o'se also.

Mcginley was excellent last year on bbc.

And if he were to be asked I think it's sad that he wouldn't do it because of mickeys feelings!!

ONeill

Seems to be afeard of addressing anything controversial.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

Great to be able to watch Sunday game 9:30pm streaming live online.
Come end of June this ends, it's meant to be available in North but anywhere I try, it never works

hairyUlsterman

I wish Joe Brolly would do the sunday game highlights as well, I wouldn't mind Tohill back as well, it has some spark missing.

delgany

Martin carney is a very poor co commentator , his tone is dreary and his analysis mundane !  Can't understnad how kevin mc stay cab be co commentator for Mayo matches. Should be a neutral ! His views. Lean too heavily towards Mayo e.gm when Roscommon No 6 got booked for diving , shouldve been a black card for me for mayo defender !

muppet

Quote from: delgany on June 09, 2014, 12:08:49 AM
Martin carney is a very poor co commentator , his tone is dreary and his analysis mundane !  Can't understnad how kevin mc stay cab be co commentator for Mayo matches. Should be a neutral ! His views. Lean too heavily towards Mayo e.gm when Roscommon No 6 got booked for diving , shouldve been a black card for me for mayo defender !

You should Google McStay and Roscommon before you post.

"Should be a neutral ! His views. Lean too heavily towards Mayo e.gm"

Now a Mayo EGM would see skin and hair flying but despite that, 'his views' are not a sentence.

Unlike Joe Brolly.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

I'm impressed with Tomas as well. I think he'll be good this and will get better over time. He is writing some decent pieces midweek as well too.

Jinxy

Quote from: delgany on June 09, 2014, 12:08:49 AM

Martin Carney meanders along for 90% of the game, then gets completely disproportionately excited for the remaining 10%.
He's like a fella that's happily dozing away until his elbow slips off the desk.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Brick Tamlin

Carney stutters, trips  and farts his way through the commentary of a game.
Not only is his voice like an oul dolls but he constantly gets names wrong as well as basic detail.
I don't think he can see half the action to be honest. Its downright inaccurate half the time.
He has awful habit of trying to explain a piece of action that happened 10seconds ago whilst the play continues.
Too slow to keep up with the play.

Whelan and O'Se are decent (moreso O'Se). Whelan is a big fluffy dog and wont say anything too controversial or forthright.
Id like to see O'Se have a go at Joe some day on one of the live games.
Joe was particularly fidgety this week in the chair.