Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

i was been a wee bit sarcastic  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Hardy

DuffleKing

BBC

Sidebottom was atrocious. Obsessed with the black card and lacks even the most basic understanding of what is or is not a relevant foul. Ruined the game completely.

Owen Mulligan?  Seriously BBC? Glib, irrelevant shite in the studio between mugsy and presenter is supposed to be informative or entertaining?  How about some analysis lads?  Some contrast from McGeeney last autumn.

Main Street

Quote from: Hardy on May 18, 2014, 04:19:55 PM
Continuous shite talk on BBC as well where Sidebottom wants every foul to be a black card. He keeps going on about intent as the criterion for a black card and obviously doesn't know there's a specified set of types of foul to which the black card applies. Worse still, McHugh goes along with it. How do these characters get paid to commentate without doing even the most basic research?
I tried watching the first half  on BBCNI but the commentary was worse than the  football, that's how bad it was.
it was the most tedious,  grating, aggravating nonsense  commentary I have ever heard.
RTE was a breath of fresh air quality in comparison.

glens73

Out of the 2 panels today O'Se and McConville were the best. To my mind there is no justification for bringing Spillane back to replace O'Se. The first half was poor but at least O'Se didn't resort to the usual dirge that Spillane utters.

Brolly is just rude trying to talk over people. He was calling Tyrone a mediocre team after he has praised them in Gaelic Life, the other day, where he said they had the staying power to go all the way.

Carmen Stateside

Was looking forward to hear what O Shea was going to say about the Cavanagh free at the end but Brolly and Lyster cut him off with their predictable attention seeking shitetalk.  Hopefully OShea is kept, by far the best and most interesting analyst today.  I enjoyed Phillip Jordan's "sprinkling of stardust" quote unfortunately it looked like the stardust got washed away.

tyroneman

Jaysus folks. If u haven't figured out Brolly only says what he believes will get him a few headlines.....sure he changes horses mid stream like no other......

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 18, 2014, 07:31:29 PM
Was looking forward to hear what O Shea was going to say about the Cavanagh free at the end but Brolly and Lyster cut him off with their predictable attention seeking shitetalk.  Hopefully OShea is kept, by far the best and most interesting analyst today.  I enjoyed Phillip Jordan's "sprinkling of stardust" quote unfortunately it looked like the stardust got washed away.

Its O'Sé..not "O'Shea"..sorry for being a nit but that drives me nuts.

Watched the game on RTE, but wanted to switch to BBC (was over-ruled!). Tommy Carr on RTE would make you sick. Said play was "pedantic" at one stage in 1st half and generally contributed zero of note.
Wee Martin was a hell of a player, but talks awful shite aswell, so can't imagine he would have been much better. Both of them need to up their game in terms of presentation and personnel probably.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Sidney

Quote from: Main Street on May 18, 2014, 06:38:56 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 18, 2014, 04:19:55 PM
Continuous shite talk on BBC as well where Sidebottom wants every foul to be a black card. He keeps going on about intent as the criterion for a black card and obviously doesn't know there's a specified set of types of foul to which the black card applies. Worse still, McHugh goes along with it. How do these characters get paid to commentate without doing even the most basic research?
I tried watching the first half  on BBCNI but the commentary was worse than the  football, that's how bad it was.
it was the most tedious,  grating, aggravating nonsense  commentary I have ever heard.
RTE was a breath of fresh air quality in comparison.
I flicked between RTE and BBC's coverage and both commentary teams were poor. Tommy Carr sounded like he was reading a bedtime story to his child such was his boring tone of voice. In fairness the first half was that bad that it couldn't be dressed up as anything other than the dirge it was.

Tomas O'Se was seething at the end when Brolly and Lyster wouldn't let him talk. He was reading his programme while Brolly talked and then threw it onto the desk at the end when Lyster wouldn't let him make a point. Ciaran Whelan has also been on the receiving end of this in the past.

Tyrone are appalling to watch, so pedestrian and their team is full of average footballers. Down absolutely ripped them open when they decided to play a bit. They should finish the job in Newry.

tyroneboi

Ciaran Whealan has been excellent so far - proper analysis of the games!

Syferus

I love ya Gooch, but Senan McBride? C'mon boss, you're sitting beside his club manager from last year!

Itchy

Two of them called Westmeath Meath.

Qwerty28

Longer highlights of the hurling round robin games than the Leinster football is a bit disappointing, especially as my own side got a first win over Offaly since the 60s I think! Pretty standard uninformed "analysis" of game too as sending off had little impact in my opinion!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2014, 10:41:25 PM

That would normally get right under my skin, more pursuing concerns after the weekend. Complete inattention to detail. As bad as the time Tommy Lyon's kept calling Spillane Michael.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 18, 2014, 11:51:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2014, 10:41:25 PM

That would normally get right under my skin, more pursuing concerns after the weekend. Complete inattention to detail. As bad as the time Tommy Lyon's kept calling Spillane Michael.

Why?
If you were any use you'd be playing.