The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Spillane not being there makes it so much better though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2013, 11:23:04 PM

Was just thinking that. It was refreshing to hear McStay not use useless Comical metaphors that Spllane uses for team who got a hiding or things just did not go their way. He'd call it that they were in trouble or going backwards and leave it like that. There is a bit more manners and not belittling of Counties that put in a fair effort but just not up to the mark (at the moment).

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 30, 2013, 11:28:32 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2013, 11:23:04 PM

Was just thinking that. It was refreshing to hear McStay not use useless Comical metaphors that Spllane uses for team who got a hiding or things just did not go their way. He'd call it that they were in trouble or going backwards and leave it like that. There is a bit more manners and not belittling of Counties that put in a fair effort but just not up to the mark (at the moment).

Used to hate McStay co commentating on matches but he is much better in the studio than in a co commentators role where he tended to over dramatise a game. He actually comes across well in the studio.

Grimley having another pop back at Brolly was funny as well, if it helps motivate his team I see no harm in it. Would love to be standing 5 yards away the next time those 2 encounter each other. I'd say Brolly would run a mile blowing kisses in the process. Brolly will be loving all this attention again.

naka

grimley trying to keep the issue going to develope a seige mentality
whether he likes it or not brolly`s analysis was spot on the only issue was that his delivery was poor.
arnagh played a sweeper yesterday

Jinxy

McStay was good last night I thought.
Himself and Whelo would make a good analysis team.
Is there anyway of getting rid of Morrissey and Carney as commentators?
I hope Darragh Maloney comes back into the mix now the confederations cup is over.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

BennyCake

Quote from: naka on July 01, 2013, 11:56:38 AM
grimley trying to keep the issue going to develope a seige mentality
whether he likes it or not brolly`s analysis was spot on the only issue was that his delivery was poor.
arnagh played a sweeper yesterday

Did the Orange Order teach you how to spell that?

AZOffaly

I thought they did a reasonably good job in fairness last night, with all they had to get through. They showed way too much of Offaly-Tyrone though!

yellowcard

Watched the Cavan v Monaghan match the other night and the camera man must have been a lad on work experience. More interested in showing shots of the managers, Jim McGuinness and inappropriate replays when the action was still going on. Missed one point for Monaghan completely due to a replay being shown.

AZOffaly

In fairness that's not the camera man. They just shoot what they are told. It's the producer that says 'Camera 1' or whatever when he/she sees what each camera is looking at.

kilkenny footballer

i missed it last night but i heard it was good! was o hara good?

AZOffaly

I thought he was fine, and I liked that he didn't stick the boot into Walsh. He didn't back off his comments, but he said he thought Walsh would do a good job in Galway some day.

yellowcard

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 01, 2013, 12:25:44 PM
In fairness that's not the camera man. They just shoot what they are told. It's the producer that says 'Camera 1' or whatever when he/she sees what each camera is looking at.

Fair enough, the producer then!

Jinxy

How come they don't pick out good-looking women in the crowd any more?
They should have one camera dedicated to this alone.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 01:32:04 PM
How come they don't pick out good-looking women in the crowd any more?
They should have one camera dedicated to this alone.

Sure they'd [good-looking women] only be at the Dublin match Jinx, there mightn't be much to see at a Monaghan or Meath match..  ::)

larryin89

Quote from: Jinxy on July 01, 2013, 11:58:59 AM
McStay was good last night I thought.
Himself and Whelo would make a good analysis team.
Is there anyway of getting rid of Morrissey and Carney as commentators?
I hope Darragh Maloney comes back into the mix now the confederations cup is over.

Carney is bloody awful. I agree with that.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .