The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Thought Whelan was good the other night, some decent enough analysis. He probably won't last long.....

lenny

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 17, 2013, 03:49:01 PM
What was the consensus on Ricey last night?
I didn't see it myself but a few lads in work here said he came across well, if maybe a bit scruffy and edgy.

Unbelievable that they've put someone on as a pundit who has a speech impediment. The only reason I can see for it is to get a Tyrone perspective since micky hartes boycott still seems to be ongoing.

Jinxy

I'm sure Ricey is a decent lad but he's no TV pundit.
RTE should give Anthony Moyles a gig, he's excellent on Newstalk.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

I dont like him due to his on field exploits but he get on ok talking on the Sunday game. just cause he may have a stammer etc i dont see it a reason to highlight this on here. i know people with stammers and it does shake there confidence if people were talking about it. Am sure Ryan Mc no different and will realise people may highlight that. I think give him a chance and he work out on tv in the long run. Hell he could be my new Ian wright, hated him on the field but grew to like him on TV off it. lol

Jinxy

I couldn't care less if he has Tourettes.
I just don't think he's a good pundit/analyst.

kilkenny footballer

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 17, 2013, 09:51:56 PM
Donegal spent a million and look what they did last year. Money matters, money gets you success or atleast improves your standards.
People are going on about the one sided matches, there's one way of dealing with it. Give everyone the same amount of money to prepare their teams. It's simple.
If we were listen to yawners like you, we'd still be living in caves, eating the leftovers of one another.
donegal didnt spend much!

Gabriel_Hurl

Good to see the show is now available worldwide on the RTE player

ziggy90

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 20, 2013, 05:20:31 AM
Good to see the show is now available worldwide on the RTE player

Didn't realise that, great news.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ziggy90

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 18, 2013, 08:19:44 PM
I dont like him due to his on field exploits but he get on ok talking on the Sunday game. just cause he may have a stammer etc i dont see it a reason to highlight this on here. i know people with stammers and it does shake there confidence if people were talking about it. Am sure Ryan Mc no different and will realise people may highlight that. I think give him a chance and he work out on tv in the long run. Hell he could be my new Ian wright, hated him on the field but grew to like him on TV off it. lol

It would've been the other way round for me.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

imtommygunn

Des Cahill at his work again tonight trying to draw donal og into slagging jimmy barry murphy. Fair play to donal og for not being drawn in.

Des looked disappointed. I'd be disappointed in him for being up to that kind of caper again and trying to make headlines for drawing ex players into slating managers.

Jinxy

"Read my lips....... NO!"
::)

Celt_Man

Pat has lost the plot...  Gross generalisation "Down's tactics weren't a success because they didn't win"

Right well sure any team that doesn't win the All-Ireland are a bunch of losers!!   ::) ::)

Eamonn Sweeney hit the nail on the head in today's Sunday Indo  http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/eamonn-sweeney-time-to-put-a-sock-in-it-pat-29365782.html
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Syferus

Those deck chairs are looking nicely rearranged.

screenexile

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2013, 11:28:13 PM
Des Cahill at his work again tonight trying to draw donal og into slagging jimmy barry murphy. Fair play to donal og for not being drawn in.

Des looked disappointed. I'd be disappointed in him for being up to that kind of caper again and trying to make headlines for drawing ex players into slating managers.

I've been very impressed with Donal Og any time he's been on there. Pat could take a few lessons from him on how to analyse a match rather than his "It's foot ball for a reason . . . you need to kick the ball" line that gets trotted out time after time.

His comments yesterday were stupid. Down were the first team to rattle Donegal in a long time and only Donegal have been playing that way much longer they could well have been beat yesterday. I think Down have provided the blueprint for Mayo, Cork, Dublin, Kerry to beat Donegal this year and as a result they won't win the All Ireland unless Jim can come up with some other plan!

FermGael

Could not agree more Screenexile.
You could see the Donegal players were becoming increasingly frustrated by the Down approach.
I actually found the game very enjoyable.  Hard hitting, excellent defence with Donegal just having a bit more class up front. 

It's a pity that Pat did not analyse the game properly.
He is becoming a bit of an embarrassment at this stage
Any time Down kicked the ball in early it was easy ball for the Donegal defence.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered