The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2013, 04:07:53 PM
Quote from: ross matt on June 05, 2013, 11:38:09 PM
All the above posts aside lads... did anyone notice how dignified, generous, unselfish and classy Dermot Early junior was in his punditry on TSG the other night?  The apple don't fall far from the tree....
+1.
You wouldn't expect any different from that family.
+1x2.
So true

Syferus

Dermot's the man to bamboozle Brolly. Sign 'em up.

ranch

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2013, 12:56:02 AM

He's half decent but he's no Brolly!!

muppet

Quote from: ranch on June 07, 2013, 03:44:26 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2013, 12:56:02 AM

He's half decent but he's no Brolly!!

MWWSI 2017

ck

Yes I agree Dermot Early was a classy contributor but the reality is that you will not last on RTE if you are not edgy, mouthy and controversial all in the name of "saying it like it is". Anything less than this wont last the pace. O'Hara has shown that he is willing to get into bed with Brolly and Spillane. We may not like it but we tune in to watch it, that's all that matters to RTE.

ballinaman

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: ck on June 07, 2013, 08:32:47 AM
Yes I agree Dermot Early was a classy contributor but the reality is that you will not last on RTE if you are not edgy, mouthy and controversial all in the name of "saying it like it is". Anything less than this wont last the pace. O'Hara has shown that he is willing to get into bed with Brolly and Spillane. We may not like it but we tune in to watch it, that's all that matters to RTE.

Are ya joking, I have the upmost respect for Earley, great player and human being.........no way a pundit, boring, bland slow paced yarns and another one who will just bang his anti dublin drum for the whole summer............................and before you start "dont matter" F off

Hardy

This can be transplanted to the "things that grind my gears" thread when it's ready:

Upmost.

Asal Mor

I really missed Brolly in his absence from last Sunday night's episode (just saw it on RTE player - my proxy is a lifesaver). He gets a fair bit wrong but he's compulsive viewing.

I thought Earley was very good. He made a lot of sense and you shouldn't have to be a pr!ck or a spoofer to be an analyst.

Hardy, if you were watching you'd have enjoyed McStay's spoofing about winning primary ball, clean catches launching serious counter attacks. If you catch that clean ball at midfield and you're making tracks while your man is still in the air, then straight away you're the extra man, creating that overlap that you need to score goals in the modern game.  

There might be  a valid point in there somewhere. I think he was saying that clean catches from kick outs often lead to goals but it got a bit lost in the jargon.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ck on June 07, 2013, 08:32:47 AM

O'Hara rants,Spillane blankets and Brolly trolling is poor quality stuff we deserve better viewing than that.

Hardy

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 08, 2013, 04:50:38 PM
I really missed Brolly in his absence from last Sunday night's episode (just saw it on RTE player - my proxy is a lifesaver). He gets a fair bit wrong but he's compulsive viewing.

I thought Earley was very good. He made a lot of sense and you shouldn't have to be a pr!ck or a spoofer to be an analyst.

Hardy, if you were watching you'd have enjoyed McStay's spoofing about winning primary ball, clean catches launching serious counter attacks. If you catch that clean ball at midfield and you're making tracks while your man is still in the air, then straight away you're the extra man, creating that overlap that you need to score goals in the modern game.  

There might be  a valid point in there somewhere. I think he was saying that clean catches from kick outs often lead to goals but it got a bit lost in the jargon.

::)

I don't watch it any more. They even manage to screw up the "highlights" as they laughingly call the 20%-odd of action they show in a programme that's supposed to be about the games but has turned into a programme of whinging about the game*, spoofing about tactics and gossiping about who fouled who.

If I'm watching the live game, I go and stretch my legs when the spoofing is on before during and after the game.

(* Only if it's football, of course. If it's hurling, they sometimes actually analyse the game.)

BennyCake

TSG can't be accused of being anti-gay or racist lately anyway.

Next weeks guest, the gypo from Big Brother.

From the Bunker

Can some (Ulster team especially) play an open brand of football next week (and probably get hammered) so that our Pateen (Spillane) can enjoy the noble game.

Jinxy

The Lee Chin stuff was a bit much.
Hope they don't make a habit of trying to analyse games while a player who was involved is sitting beside them on the couch.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on June 08, 2013, 06:27:41 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on June 08, 2013, 04:50:38 PM

::)

I don't watch it any more. They even manage to screw up the "highlights" as they laughingly call the 20%-odd of action they show in a programme that's supposed to be about the games but has turned into a programme of whinging about the game*, spoofing about tactics and gossiping about who fouled who.

If I'm watching the live game, I go and stretch my legs when the spoofing is on before during and after the game.

(* Only if it's football, of course. If it's hurling, they sometimes actually analyse the game.)

Same as myself Hardy can't understand why people listen to them boyo's anymore .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001