Let's all laugh at Totteringham

Started by ONeill, August 11, 2007, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

OGS be sweatin tonight....he may phone Prince Andrew for advice

Cunny Funt

No real surprise, league results in the last year has been awful for Spurs. Poch had a top 4 squad to work with yet things had gone stale and he was unlikely to turn things around.

I see Mourinho is favourite to now replace Poch and unless Jose has Rui Faria along side him they should have the sense to look elsewhere.

Capt Pat

I agree with Linaker. Tottenham won't find a better replacement. OGS should be thankful that at least for now he still has a job. I hope Poch ends up in la liga as I think he would do well at Arsenal or man u.

seafoid

Levy was building the stadium in 17/18 and there was very little money for players. That has now caught up with the club.
Poch will be a success wherever he goes.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

Bayern have an opening right now - can see Poch landing there

thewobbler

Spurs might not get a better manager than Poch but the bottom line is he lost the dressing room. The CL run masked an abysmal run of league form, which is accurately represented by their current position.

Poch was so, so close to changing Spurs forever. But he wasn't going to do it from here unless there was a complete clear out, and a year or two of pain. At this juncture I'd rather Spurs throw their weight into giving Harry Kane a chance of winning things quickly.

Ambrose

Quote from: thewobbler on November 19, 2019, 08:51:53 PM
At this juncture I'd rather Spurs throw their weight into giving Harry Kane a chance of winning things quickly.

The only way Spuds can give Kane a chance of winning trophies is to sell him.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

thewobbler

Quote from: Ambrose on November 19, 2019, 09:07:10 PM
At this juncture I'd rather Spurs throw their weight into giving Harry Kane a chance of winning things quickly.

Yeah you're right. They only made the final of the Champions League last season. Clearly there's nothing at the club. Nothing at all. I don't know why they bother.

Ambrose

Quote from: thewobbler on November 19, 2019, 09:11:20 PM

Yeah you're right. They only made the final of the Champions League last season. Clearly there's nothing at the club. Nothing at all. I don't know why they bother.

And were they competitive in that final? Did they ever look like beating Liverpool? The game was effectively over as a contest inside the first minute. Liverpool were able to sit back and soak up what little pressure Spuds were able to offer without ever looking troubled.
As soon as I saw Kane's name in the starting XI I was relieved, everyone knew he wasn't fit and you effectively played the game with 10 men. Moura, the hero of the semi final was unbelievably left on the bench.
Totteringham are a selling club and it's time they cashed in on Kane. You'll struggle to replace Pochettino.

thewobbler

Quote from: Ambrose on November 19, 2019, 09:23:25 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 19, 2019, 09:11:20 PM

And were they competitive in that final? Did they ever look like beating Liverpool? The game was effectively over as a contest inside the first minute. Liverpool were able to sit back and soak up what little pressure Spuds were able to offer without ever looking troubled.
As soon as I saw Kane's name in the starting XI I was relieved, everyone knew he wasn't fit and you effectively played the game with 10 men. Moura, the hero of the semi final was unbelievably left on the bench.
Totteringham are a selling club and it's time they cashed in on Kane. You'll struggle to replace Pochettino.

Harry continues to average a goal a game in a team creating nothing. Moura continues to be unable to put in a performance as a starter.

The champions league final was an atrocious game of football by both sides. The key moment in the game, which ultimately decided it, was a penalty for an accidental action that no longer counts as a foul. That's the small margins.

But hi clearly you know your football. Well done you.

Ambrose

I'll give you 2/1 odds at whatever amount you want that Pochettino wins a major trophy before Kane does.

nrico2006

Kane hasn't been the same since rushing back for the world cup after the ankle injury that March. Will score at a decent rate but won't get back to the level he was previously at.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Gabriel_Hurl

The bus is parked outside the Spurs stadium.

Mourinho is official.

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 20, 2019, 06:39:45 AM
The bus is parked outside the Spurs stadium.

Mourinho is official.

Would've thought Jose would want a few blank cheques, be interesting to see what Levy gives him

thewobbler

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 19, 2019, 11:22:44 PM
Kane hasn't been the same since rushing back for the world cup after the ankle injury that March. Will score at a decent rate but won't get back to the level he was previously at.

I'm really not sure where you're going with this.

He continues to average a goal a game, and the past 18 months have seen him rise as a playmaker, someone, capable of playing at 10.

He is a top class all round centre forward, and when he has fullbacks and wingers who cross, he's devastating in front of goals. Same as he has been since he broke through, except his passing is better now.

You must be cherry picking a handful of games from his past to support your argument. I can't see evidence.