Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Up The Middle on June 03, 2015, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 03, 2015, 04:00:54 PM
Johnny Monroe and Collie McGurl out for Carmen. Could be crippling.

Hope thats not true Roddy, should be a good game but Carmen need big players like McGurk to be available.

As for us against Coalisland. It should be a great game providing we attack and dont play some of the overly defensive drivel we have been recently. IMO we can play some of the best free flowing football in the County when we throw of the shackles. I think if we invite Coalisland unto us then we are asking for trouble.

Can definitley see Killyclogher chinning Errigal with no Peter Harte.

Agree. Clonoe have such a strong team/squad I'm suprised they adopt that approach (or feel the need to at any rate). The norm nowadays I suppose   :(

Christmas Lights

Too much talk of Killyclogher beating Errigal.

Errigal by 6.

In hiding

Omagh missing joe mc mahon Conor meyler Conan Grugan and stevie mullan. And not a comma in sight

Tommo2

Hope thats not true Roddy, should be a good game but Carmen need big players like McGurk to be available.

As for us against Coalisland. It should be a great game providing we attack and dont play some of the overly defensive drivel we have been recently. IMO we can play some of the best free flowing football in the County when we throw of the shackles. I think if we invite Coalisland unto us then we are asking for trouble.

And what if Petey Harte is playing? Did they not appeal the suspension recently? Some technicality.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on June 03, 2015, 04:29:46 PM

Agree. Clonoe have such a strong team/squad I'm suprised they adopt that approach (or feel the need to at any rate). The norm nowadays I suppose   :(

The Rahillys have some serious pace in their team and have a good forward line but they are no use if they all back defending in side their own half and then basing their whole game plan on the ability to dispossess and score on the counter attack. I think Fianna will cause them big trouble if they adapt that defensive mindset as the Fianna have quality players all over the pitch who are comfortable in keeping possession and will not be panicked easily thereore it will frustrate the Clonoe men if they don't get turnovers. However, Clonoe are a quality outfit and can run up some serious score totals if they are in the mood but so can Fianna.

Whoever is afraid of losing the least and tries to win the game rather than trying to avoid defeat (if that makes sense) will win this battle.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 03, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

And what if Petey Harte is playing? Did they not appeal the suspension recently? Some technicality.

How can you appeal a suspension that is nearly a year old. Surely there is a time frame for an appeal to be lodged. Think thats just balls to be honest.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 03, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Johnny is injured since the Errigal league game and McGurk has a persistant knee problem that has kept him out of the last couple of games as well. Defensively we are short of cover so I can see us crowd the defence for this one. It may be like the league game last year!

ose 14

rodney at least big oz is back and munroe missed most of last years final anyway. mcgurk has had a persistent knee injury for 4 years now so whilst i respect your inside knowledge id be very surprised if mcgurk doesent play. omagh have been decimated all year by county and injury joe mcmahon meyler grugan and im hearing mullan the fullback all out which too me are bigger losses than any of the carmen three. if i took my omagh tinted glasses off id say that we were very lucky to beat a decent carrickmore team last time out and we are weaker so whilst i was originally hopeful of an impressive win i now feel we will be lucky again to get past the legendary carmen and their all ireland winning tactical genius of a manager. does anyone know whos umpiring with conor on friday night. may the most injury ravaged team have a bit of luck too :)

Carmenalways

Great weekends action ahead. If the rahillys play,they will beat the fianna easy,negativity simply doesn't suit them and I'm sure the management now surely realise this. Errigal killyclogher is a coin toss,Errigal have a good record at carmen but killyclogher are the league champs and that will give them the belief they need to put it up to Errigal. Big oz will not be playing against omagh,that's the only carmen team news that I'll stand over. God I hope we can give omagh a game.   ;)

Tommo2

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 03, 2015, 04:30:28 PM
Too much talk of Killyclogher beating Errigal.

Errigal by 6.

From what I can see, everyone is saying its a 50:50 call.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Some of the stuff I reading hear is surprising, none of the top teams are away ahead of each other so that anyone can comfortably predict a win. That has been shown over the past number of years by no one able to put back to back wins and new winners every year. In other words there is nothing between the top fourish, an injury here or there, a decision by the ref here or there, a mistake by a player here or there will decide the outcome, barring one team hitting a massive purple patch.

Wee Roddy

My source was a player who was clearly keeping his cards close to his chest the lying git. There is a  Clean bill of health for Carmen apart from Big Oz and that's for definite.
Looking forward to it now. We will have no excuses anyway if we are beaten now. Hope Omagh are at full strength as well.

Walter Cronc

How is Gormley getting on with Carmen Wee Roddy? Or will that be decided after the Omagh game?? :)

Wee Roddy

I think the level of expectation will mean there is always pressure on no matter who is in the Carmen hot seat but the expectations aren't as high as they were in this past couple of years for some reason. Gormley will be given time I would suspect, regardless of the result on Friday, to build. Barney in the past couple of years wouldn't have been popular with a lot of diehard supporters because he didn't give a toss about the league and often tinkered with teams to give men experience. Gormley is different. He is more about game plans and discipline. Last years final was lost because the men entrusted with the team knew nothing else only attacking football and the team played off the cuff. We might not be a point up in injury time on Friday night but if we were I can almost be certain that a last minute goal wont be scored because of the type of football that is being played.

winghalfback

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on June 03, 2015, 04:29:46 PM

I think to much is being made of the clonoe defensive strategy. To me their management are only trying to sort out a system for the occasion when a situation like championship v dromore presents itself again. I doubt if that system will be used this sunday.

Onto sundays game it will be tight some of the personal duels on show will be interesting hampsey v mc nulty, mackers v lavery, Jason Carberry v coney, Donnelly v Patrick Doris, Mc nulty v Philly T, Dwayne Quinn v B Toner Louis v Skeet this game will be very tight maybe only a 1 or 2 point game. Kerr and Doris missing kinda even themselves out as bad losses to either team.