Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: time ticking away on April 21, 2015, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 21, 2015, 02:15:49 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on April 21, 2015, 02:12:39 PM
Only one reason to play the first round of a knockout championship in May...
Get money into the coffers to help fund the county teams for the year.
This sort of BS arguement is what p1sses me off when this sort of thing is discussed.
While i am not bothered whether its played in May or not, having around a bit earlier is certainly better than shoehorning the whole championship into about 4 weeks in september /october (which we have had before.)
Ironically, we have alot of the same fellas on here bemoaning the lack of preparation time for the uslter club games as well. You cant have it every way.
Do you honestly believe the county board have championship fixtures in May to provide preparation time for the winners to compete in the Ulster club. You really are deluded. Omagh had at least 5 weeks after the county final last year before their game with Crossmaglen. The gap between the championship semi finals and final last year was a month. Loads of room for manoeuvre.
Championship fixtures in May is purely a financial decision. It's all about cash flow
It worked out fine last year, but we have had dromore & clonoe posters on here in the past bemoaning the lack of time between the county final and the ulster club.
I would love to hear your solution.
We have loads of boys on here great at pionting out problems without offering any solutions what so ever.
As I said , I have no strong desire for the championship to be played in May, but some of teh arguements put forwards aginst that are just pure rubbish IMO.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

time ticking away

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 21, 2015, 03:27:09 PM
This sort of BS arguement is what p1sses me off when this sort of thing is discussed.
While i am not bothered whether its played in May or not, having around a bit earlier is certainly better than shoehorning the whole championship into about 4 weeks in september /october (which we have had before.)
Ironically, we have alot of the same fellas on here bemoaning the lack of preparation time for the uslter club games as well. You cant have it every way.
Do you honestly believe the county board have championship fixtures in May to provide preparation time for the winners to compete in the Ulster club. You really are deluded. Omagh had at least 5 weeks after the county final last year before their game with Crossmaglen. The gap between the championship semi finals and final last year was a month. Loads of room for manoeuvre.
Championship fixtures in May is purely a financial decision. It's all about cash flow
my solution will not be welcomed by all but I think we should have a back door.
It worked out fine last year, but we have had dromore & clonoe posters on here in the past bemoaning the lack of time between the county final and the ulster club.
We have loads of boys on here great at pionting out problems without offering any solutions what so ever.
As I said , I have no strong desire for the championship to be played in May, but some of teh arguements put forwards aginst that are just pure rubbish IMO.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WeeDonns

Quote from: time ticking away on April 21, 2015, 03:31:27 PM
We have loads of boys on here great at pointing out problems without offering any solutions what so ever.
As I said , I have no strong desire for the championship to be played in May, but some of the arguments put forwards against that are just pure rubbish IMO.

There was an attempt to propose solutions but not enough contributed and boredom crept in;
Tyrone Club Fixtures 2014 - Lets try and help them sort it out

IMO there are too many different competitions to include in the mix of fixture planning to get it right. The only way it can begin to be sorted is if some leadership is shown from HQ in Croke Park & and the length of the inter county season is shortened, then counties can start planning club fixtures in the available weekends. I don't know how proper dual counties cope with it all!

Norf Tyrone

Does anyone know why Round 4 has been changed from Sunday week, and instead Round 7 dropped in?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Soup an Samajiz

Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

The Trap

i don't think any of the under 21 team should have to make a choice whether or not to play for their club this weekend so call of the games as required.
I don't think the club championship should be forced through in May if the only reason is to ensure the winners get more than one week break after the Tyrone final (there was adequate time last year and chances are there will be this year too!)
Somebody in authority make these decisions NOW, let everyone know, the under 21s will be given unqualified support, the seniors will be given unqualified support, the minors will be given unqualified support.
The way things are club and county are at odds, players are being pulled in 2 directions and there is considerable angst that could be easily solved.
Unless someone can give really compelling reasons for pushing on regardless (no plans were made to include Tyrone making under21 final) I just don't get why this is not easily sorted............

rrhf

Quote from: tiempo on April 21, 2015, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: time ticking away on April 21, 2015, 12:57:27 PM
In 1990, Peter Canavan played in an Ulster U21 final against Down and then immediately after played against Armagh in a Mc Kenna cup final. There were also club games that evening but I think he was spared the third game in a day as the Glencull issue had yet to be resolved

Burnout me arse
We won the under 21s.  Canvan was superb. 
Canavan scored something like 15 in the Mc Kenna cup final.  The Armagh fans were cheering him on that day.  A legend was born. 
Burnout was a term invented so that county players could train more and play less club games. 

longballin

The problem is further up the line... the backdoor nonsense in the county championship which is the real money grabber with a lot of meaningless games until July. Also football needs tiered like hurling at county level... like Dublin V Carlow, Donegal V Antrim in football, nonsensical. You wouldn't put them on same hurling competition. County championship far too long and too many games leaves county boards or CCC or whatever the hell it's called a total headache.  :P

The Bearded One

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 21, 2015, 04:12:44 PM
Does anyone know why Round 4 has been changed from Sunday week, and instead Round 7 dropped in?

Have asked the board this question myself Norf - I can see no logic to this decision at all. If there is a reason then why don't the powers that be share that with the clubs.
It is what it is. Presumably.

sam03/05

I see Tipp have called off all their games involving u21 players in the county this weekend. Includes games in both hurling and football as they have a number of dual players.

http://tippfm.com/news/news_detail/postponements_due_to_tipp_reaching_under_21_all_ireland

Red Hand Man

The under 21s are going on a training weekend.  What now?

Carmenalways

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 20, 2015, 05:55:14 PM
It looks like Carrickmore have been awarded the win against Killyclogher in the opening league game. I wonder how much the pressure from the Tyrone/Ulster Herald report had to bear on the refs decision to change the scorecard. It seems strange that the particular newspaper allows reporters from their own club produce the match report. Hardly unbiased reporting.

The report(regardless of where the reporter is from)stated the facts. Carmen scored 1-12. Final score 1-11 to 1-11. Such a nonsense of a post.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: time ticking away on April 21, 2015, 03:31:27 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 21, 2015, 03:27:09 PM

you think the Tyrone Club Championship should have a back door?  :o :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

longballin

Knock Yer Mucker In

If the 1st rd of championship is to continue being in May, it should have a back door, cant have 50% of our clubs out of championship whilst every other county in Ulster have looked after their clubs and ensured they are involved until August. this cannot be good for our long term player development, but more importantly, its not good for clubs having the main focus of the season taken away from them 8 weeks into the club season.
But if the championship was to start in August after 75% of league games played a straight knockout.

I think we all agree that the current problems all exist due to the prolonged county fixtures and the desire to maximise income.