Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

any truth in the rumour that killyclogher not playing ball re result as they are now counterclaiming they had a missed score disallowed as well. also hearing county board website hacked re result initially not put there by the ref via text the plot thickens.

Carmenalways

'A missed score disallowed'......please explain....

time ticking away

Quote from: Carmenalways on April 15, 2015, 12:33:54 AM
a score that was missed that was also disallowed...
simples 8)
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

LeoMc

Quote from: Carmenalways on April 15, 2015, 12:33:54 AM
A missed score disallowed = a wide disallowed. ;)

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Amamaroon on April 14, 2015, 11:55:07 AM
I never thought that I would join the keyboard warriors on here but feel obliged to challenge Knockyourmuckerin on his attack on a great GAA man Eamon McHugh, a man who gives up his time for a few ££££s travelling expenses , not like the thousands of pounds which are handed out around Clonoe. Clonoe players being concerned for the good of the opposition, now that's a first.

And then to start his post Mr King RIP and then delve into a rant shows the hypocrite this guy is.
Rant over.

I wont disrespect our fella Gael who passed away by elaborating on your pathetic comment. On the ref, I reported a factual situation. Our posters can make up their own mind on who is the hypocrite and also who was showing players disrespect.

On reading the paper this morning I see we will be the only county in Ulster who will have 50% of our clubs out of the championship by the end of May, other counties have early first rounds also, but they have back door systems in place to ensure their clubs are playing club championship football in August. Including 2 starred games before club c'ship leaving clubs with only three matches where they have a full panel, with two fixtures in one weekend, embarrassing stuff from our CCC. If ever evidence was needed to show how little the CB cares about club football in Tyrone.

everymanaman

Surely the whole concept of championship is the knock-out aspect of it. The back-door has a lot to answer for

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: everymanaman on April 15, 2015, 10:32:01 AM
Surely the whole concept of championship is the knock-out aspect of it. The back-door has a lot to answer for

The Tyrone Club Championship is excellent, a back door system or Round Robin is not the answer either.  This simply gives the big guns the opportunity to bite back if things didn't go to plan the 1st day out.  It would also take away from the intensity and passion   The scheduling is questionable, I've read on this forum that is to do with Cathal McCarron and to facilitate him (don't know if that's true).

There are questions to be asked of the CCC but who has the authority to question them?? Nobody barr possibly the county senior management team, they have shown time after time they have no regard for clubs, players or player welfare.
Living the dream!!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Agree entirely and I am not advocating that there should be, my argument is that our championship should be August.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on April 15, 2015, 10:44:41 AM

The Tyrone Club Championship is excellent, a back door system or Round Robin is not the answer either.  This simply gives the big guns the opportunity to bite back if things didn't go to plan the 1st day out.  It would also take away from the intensity and passion   The scheduling is questionable, I've read on this forum that is to do with Cathal McCarron and to facilitate him (don't know if that's true).

There are questions to be asked of the CCC but who has the authority to question them?? Nobody barr possibly the county senior management team, they have shown time after time they have no regard for clubs, players or player welfare.

I have heard that too, but even if the championship is to be played early, it still wont be untill after the first round game against donegal.
The Tyrone club championship is one of the best about and there is no way they should go tinkering with a  back door or anything like that.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Knock Yer Mucker In

The more I think about it the more angry I become, the GAA is fecked up. In county football the system is so unfair, Cork/Kerry are essentially secured a quarter final spot, there training is geared to August, meanwhile in Ulster you have to be a full tilt for first round in May. County minor, two provinces have a back door system and two don't, again its discriminatory, and then in club football counties all doing different things, whereby you could have a team winning the Ulster club/ All Ireland having got beaten in some game within the county, but in other counties you have straight knock out. What a complete and utter shambles.

Amamaroon

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on April 15, 2015, 11:11:16 AM
The more I think about it the more angry I become, the GAA is fecked up. In county football the system is so unfair, Cork/Kerry are essentially secured a quarter final spot, there training is geared to August, meanwhile in Ulster you have to be a full tilt for first round in May. County minor, two provinces have a back door system and two don't, again its discriminatory, and then in club football counties all doing different things, whereby you could have a team winning the Ulster club/ All Ireland having got beaten in some game within the county, but in other counties you have straight knock out. What a complete and utter shambles.

As I percieve it, the biggest problem in TYRONE football is clubs like Clonoe paying managers huge amounts of money and allowing him to virtually run the club, making young lads quit the county panel so he can justify his salary.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Amamaroon on April 15, 2015, 11:38:17 AM

As I percieve it, the biggest problem in TYRONE football is clubs like Clonoe paying managers huge amounts of money and allowing him to virtually run the club, making young lads quit the county panel so he can justify his salary.

LOL I'm not sure how Clonoe can be blamed for the payment of managers.  Plenty of Tyrone clubs have managers from external sources.  I think you are possibly reading too much into the recent county drop outs.  Amount of payment is what the club can afford and is prepared to pay doesn't really come into your argument.  The fact Clonoe have a good membership base and good financial support enables them to invest in facilities and training support to help them succeed, how their committee see fit.  Same can be said about numerous other clubs.
Living the dream!!!

Knock Yer Mucker In

Yip your insight to how our club is run is, well, insightful  :)  This is a WUM, note he didn't say 'our county', it was 'Tyrone football'

Under Lights

Is McCarron available for the Donegal game then?

Up The Middle

Somebody from Clonoe has really done a number on you. Lot of hatred there. Let it all out you will feel better.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.