Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

Quote from: tiempo on September 06, 2014, 11:23:52 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 06, 2014, 01:19:07 AM
Them green cloth gloves of Wee Barneys must have been sewn to the shorts.  He has had them there as long as i knew him.

Barney is certainly doing well as a manager to build on an excellent playing career, leadership qualities in abundance. Hopefully after a good run at the Carmen job he might be in contention for the Tyrone senior job after MH, although that will likely go to flavour of the month at the time which is at least a year away.

He would know the club scene inside out and knows a thing or two about being unfairly overlooked for the red hands which would hopefully give him a better perspective than to pick lads just so an in-house training game can be fulfilled with no real opportunity of actually making the team.

Near pissed myself at that post, you obviously haven't your ear to the ground, Carman were in a mess this year under Barney and the league form backs that up, in a panic to lift the ship Tally was approached by the club about 6/7 weeks ago and the ship has been steadied and on the move. V lucky to have met nothing in the quarter final other wise they would have been eliminated due to the poor spirit that was in the camp, Tallys organisational skills and coaching is the only reason the Carmen's season has improved.

Wee Roddy

Quote from: Man Marker on September 06, 2014, 11:37:20 AM
Quote from: tiempo on September 06, 2014, 11:23:52 AM
Them green cloth gloves of Wee Barneys must have been sewn to the shorts.  He has had them there as long as i knew him.

Barney is certainly doing well as a manager to build on an excellent playing career, leadership qualities in abundance. Hopefully after a good run at the Carmen job he might be in contention for the Tyrone senior job after MH, although that will likely go to flavour of the month at the time which is at least a year away.

He would know the club scene inside out and knows a thing or two about being unfairly overlooked for the red hands which would hopefully give him a better perspective than to pick lads just so an in-house training game can be fulfilled with no real opportunity of actually making the team.

Near pissed myself at that post, you obviously haven't your ear to the ground, Carman were in a mess this year under Barney and the league form backs that up, in a panic to lift the ship Tally was approached by the club about 6/7 weeks ago and the ship has been steadied and on the move. V lucky to have met nothing in the quarter final other wise they would have been eliminated due to the poor spirit that was in the camp, Tallys organisational skills and coaching is the only reason the Carmen's season has improved.
Tally is there 1 night a week just. How do you explain getting to a final last year, winning the league and getting to U21 final before tallys arrival. Carrickmore players, and probably management too, took their eye of the ball after the draw and a bit of complacency may have crept in. Barney was under pressure and when results weren't going well he was big enough to freshen things up. This is a sign of a good manager in my opinion. The poor spirit you talk of simply isn't true simply isn't true .

Wee Roddy

In all seriousness would Tally not be a good option for Tyrone minors. Our lads would be fond of him and his honest straight forward approach

winghalfback

Did clonoe give moortown the points today? I hear they sent down a very weak team. That's the talk anyway.

Club Rossa

smort

How can clonoe only score 1.06 against moortown  :o

Carmenalways

Comfortable win for carmen this evening. If cookstown never win another game it will be too soon for them. The behaviour of them in the first half was disgraceful. A certain sub left the dugout to walk 20 yards to goad the carmen subs. No prizes for guessing who it was. He knew we have a county final coming up that's for sure,because if we hadn't we would still be in cookstown! We also had a player head butted 4 times in the 1st half. We have long memories tho. Some very strange results today...

Tyrone Gaa

Do you expect anything else from Cookstown? They have the worst reputation in the county and outside the county wouldn't be great either. Particularly round Kerry lol.  I'm surprised they still have that sub about their team after his record this year in league and championship
Living the dream!!!

Club Rossa

Who refereed the game in Cookstown today Carmenalways?

gardrumchum

QuoteTally is there 1 night a week just. How do you explain getting to a final last year, winning the league and getting to U21 final before tallys arrival. Carrickmore players, and probably management too, took their eye of the ball after the draw and a bit of complacency may have crept in. Barney was under pressure and when results weren't going well he was big enough to freshen things up. This is a sign of a good manager in my opinion. The poor spirit you talk of simply isn't true simply isn't true .

I don't doubt it for a minute which is why my moneys on a Carrickmore victory. Their league form has improved and they hardly got out of second gear against Ardboe. Correct me if i'm wrong but Omagh have now lost their last three league matches, they weren't that impressive against Eglish and should have been beat by Dromore  :(

Well done to Dromore ladies, a brilliant victory in the champo by the way

gardrumchum

Quote from: Carmenalways on September 06, 2014, 09:04:52 PM
Comfortable win for carmen this evening. If cookstown never win another game it will be too soon for them. The behaviour of them in the first half was disgraceful. A certain sub left the dugout to walk 20 yards to goad the carmen subs. No prizes for guessing who it was. He knew we have a county final coming up that's for sure,because if we hadn't we would still be in cookstown! We also had a player head butted 4 times in the 1st half. We have long memories tho. Some very strange results today...

what do you mean by that?

Carmenalways

Shane dorrity was the referee. And i mean that we won't forget cookstowns behaviour in a hurry.

Tyrone Gaa

See the end of year league results are predictable as ever!!  The whole thing is a farce if clubs begin to gift out points.  Moortown pick up their 1st win of the year against Clonoe, Augher beat Omagh and Donaghmore keep their end of season run going although it wouldn't be classed as a major shock like the previous 2 fixtures mentioned.  11 points is probably enough to see Eglish safe.

Do teams actually go out to lose?  Why even field?
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 06, 2014, 09:55:12 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on September 06, 2014, 01:28:28 AM

best club player ever I seen to get on the end of a breaking bsll... thr bsll was sewed to him never mind the gloves!!!

Very true. He would always seem to end up coming out of a mass of big bodies around the middle of the park with the ball. One of his biggest strengths was  leadership.  Thats why i have no fear of this Carmen team going into the county final and not giving it a very good rattle, oh and a certain Conor Gormley helps.
Do any of you Clonoe men remember the point he scored against you men in Carrickmore one night.   Think it may have put you guys down or else into relegation playoff.  Carrickmore won a free in front of the Away dugout, which didn't suit a right footed kicker, in the dying minutes, game was level.  Despite the views of the Clonoe bench and mentors that he would never score, or that he had a father :), he thumped it over the black spot.

mind jt well Fergal getting his nose parked beside his ear just before that probably had a bearing on that kick. .. No whinging or yapping in them days!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 06, 2014, 09:55:12 AM
Quote from: bigtogs on September 06, 2014, 01:28:28 AM

best club player ever I seen to get on the end of a breaking bsll... thr bsll was sewed to him never mind the gloves!!!

Very true. He would always seem to end up coming out of a mass of big bodies around the middle of the park with the ball. One of his biggest strengths was  leadership.  Thats why i have no fear of this Carmen team going into the county final and not giving it a very good rattle, oh and a certain Conor Gormley helps.
Do any of you Clonoe men remember the point he scored against you men in Carrickmore one night.   Think it may have put you guys down or else into relegation playoff.  Carrickmore won a free in front of the Away dugout, which didn't suit a right footed kicker, in the dying minutes, game was level.  Despite the views of the Clonoe bench and mentors that he would never score, or that he had a father :), he thumped it over the black spot.

mind jt well Fergal getting his nose parked beside his ear just before that probably had a bearing on that kick. .. No whinging or yapping in them days!!!