2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 02, 2018, 11:41:48 AM

Unlike most other counties Mayo and Galway have one of their biggest games in early May! It is up to Roachford and Co to have the lads prepared for that game if it means stepping on toes so be it!

Tbf, this is an annual occurrence for the ulster boys

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 03, 2018, 01:17:46 AM

Unlike most other counties Mayo and Galway have one of their biggest games in early May! It is up to Roachford and Co to have the lads prepared for that game if it means stepping on toes so be it!

The one in Connacht actually effects the course of the overall season unlike those Ulster games, though. One top ten team will be faced with an almost impossible hole to dig themselves out (the Super 8 will only make the grind of making the AISF via the backdoor far more attritional) of while the other will be in the last 12 of the country.

criostlinn

Quote from: dublin7 on March 02, 2018, 05:53:58 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 02, 2018, 02:46:37 PM
Fair enough but surely its not healthy to have such an obvious bad natured campaign against a player through media like what happened keegan  two years ago,I dunno but I think it crossed the line .its one thing to be playing down your counties chances with a bit of beal bocht but to me that seemed extreme . 

James Horan is in national spotlight too but for a smart guy he seems to go the other end of the scale altogether , absolutely mocked Galway in the run up to last couple of championship clashes .we know how they ended

Horgan had right go at Johnny Cooper on Eir a few weeks ago. Hmmm what's that pot, kettle, blaack

What he say about him

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 03, 2018, 02:32:37 AM

The one in Connacht actually effects the course of the overall season unlike those Ulster games, though. One top ten team will be faced with an almost impossible hole to dig themselves out (the Super 8 will only make the grind of making the AISF via the backdoor far more attritional) of while the other will be in the last 12 of the country.
And meanwhile we only have to bate Laythrum/NY to make the last 12.
Great to win the lotto 2 years in a row ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gael85

Quote from: criostlinn on March 03, 2018, 07:01:35 AM
Fair enough but surely its not healthy to have such an obvious bad natured campaign against a player through media like what happened keegan  two years ago,I dunno but I think it crossed the line .its one thing to be playing down your counties chances with a bit of beal bocht but to me that seemed extreme . 

James Horan is in national spotlight too but for a smart guy he seems to go the other end of the scale altogether , absolutely mocked Galway in the run up to last couple of championship clashes .we know how they ended

Horgan had right go at Johnny Cooper on Eir a few weeks ago. Hmmm what's that pot, kettle, blaack

What he say about him

Called him out for his diving antics.

criostlinn

Quote from: Gael85 on March 03, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

What he say about him

That's outrageous. Surely deserves a boycott and a firm response from Jim Gavin. Jonny Cooper diving. Come on James seriously. He should be giving credit to Cooper and the Dublin medical team for the way they get him through some games after the serious injuries he receives. That magic spongue to the head treatment is such a medical breakthrough.

Gael85

There was no campaign towards Lee Keegan in 2016. He sailed close to the wind in many big games for Mayo and was rightly called out by pundits who were asked opinion on the Connolly/Keegan incidents in the first 2016 game. Everyone will obviously be bias towards their own county. We see the same when Kevin McStay,Billy Joe Padden,James Horan,John Maughan and Martin Carney air their views on national tv/radio.

larryin89

I dont believe that to be true at all. They swayed the whole country towards a narrative that said the big bad keegan was only nullifying the great dermo by pulling and dragging out of him.  It wasnt right what was going said whelo, barney break hohn finns jaw Rock , to name a couple. Look like any good politician these things can be spinned to suit an agenda. You won't convince me of any innocent explanation nor justification . It was an orchestrated campaign. Dublin and Kerry are masters and because they win regularly its not scrutinized with an open mind .

Mayo media are complete amateurs in comparison and thats the truth.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gael85 on March 03, 2018, 11:40:20 AM

There was no campaign towards Lee Keegan in 2016. He sailed close to the wind in many big games for Mayo and was rightly called out by pundits who were asked opinion on the Connolly/Keegan incidents in the first 2016 game. Everyone will obviously be bias towards their own county. We see the same when Kevin McStay,Billy Joe Padden,James Horan,John Maughan and Martin Carney air their views on national tv/radio.

GO way ta F***! Any Dublin pundit that had access to the media ran with the story! It was coordinated! For so many to be singing from the same hymn sheet proved this! Take the fecking blinkers off! The Kerry Boys have sounded this incident out the last couple of years! Mainly because they know that Dublin will try it in the future with them and they want to highlight it! They know that only some of the game is controlled on the pitch!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on March 03, 2018, 10:28:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 03, 2018, 02:32:37 AM

And meanwhile we only have to bate Laythrum/NY to make the last 12.
Great to win the lotto 2 years in a row ;D

4th year in a row your lot have been on the opposite side of the draw to Galway & Mayo.

Gael85

Lee Keegan is the best defender in the country but he is a master in the dark arts too. Watched 5/6 games previous to that game where he escaped blatant black card/yellow cards offences. As for this campaign about his name been blackened is just nonsense. Was playing on the edge too long as was bound to get caught eventually.

Gael85

Quote from: criostlinn on March 03, 2018, 11:36:14 AM
Quote from: Gael85 on March 03, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

What he say about him

That's outrageous. Surely deserves a boycott and a firm response from Jim Gavin. Jonny Cooper diving. Come on James seriously. He should be giving credit to Cooper and the Dublin medical team for the way they get him through some games after the serious injuries he receives. That magic spongue to the head treatment is such a medical breakthrough.

Rightly called out by Horan. Cooper is great defender but doesn't need to get involved in these antics as big call will go against him eventually.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gael85 on March 03, 2018, 01:15:52 PM
Lee Keegan is the best defender in the country but he is a master in the dark arts too. Watched 5/6 games previous to that game where he escaped blatant black card/yellow cards offences. As for this campaign about his name been blackened is just nonsense. Was playing on the edge too long as was bound to get caught eventually.

The issue is not how saintly Lee Keegan is! The issue is that over the period of 6 days Lee Keegan was subjected to the Consorted campaign from the national media! None of Dublins Saints such as Small, Cooper or McMahon who all continuously engage in the dark arts were singled out!!  Why? Because the NATIONAL media based in Dublin will not blacken their own (and why should they). 

Gael85

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 03, 2018, 01:29:04 PM

The issue is not how saintly Lee Keegan is! The issue is that over the period of 6 days Lee Keegan was subjected to the Consorted campaign from the national media! None of Dublins Saints such as Small, Cooper or McMahon who all continuously engage in the dark arts were singled out!!  Why? Because the NATIONAL media based in Dublin will not blacken their own (and why should they).

Bar a couple ex Dublin players how many of the national media are Dubs? Cooper and Philly have been called out many a time in media and are marked men with referees. We could go on about players and darts arts. Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are top teams but also the most cynical of pitch.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gael85 on March 03, 2018, 01:37:02 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 03, 2018, 01:29:04 PM

Bar a couple ex Dublin players how many of the national media are Dubs? Cooper and Philly have been called out many a time in media and are marked men with referees. We could go on about players and darts arts. Dublin, Kerry and Mayo are top teams but also the most cynical of pitch.

Look, most players get called out! But the concentrated effort that week was well above the norm! There were up to 10 Dublin pundits singing the same song all together!

And there was no controversy, no dodgy tackle, no penalty decision, Red Card, nothing that usually fills the headlines. it just came out of the blue!