2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inthrough

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 10, 2018, 08:45:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 10, 2018, 08:44:08 PM
Michael Murphy was very poor when brought on well off the pace of the game.

Looked miles off match fitness.

Madness taking McBrearty off the frees the form he was in.

Donegal's attempt to pull a fast one failed miserably.

How is changing a free taker an "attempt to pull a fast one"?

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on February 10, 2018, 09:21:57 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 10, 2018, 08:46:47 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on February 10, 2018, 08:41:36 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on February 10, 2018, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on February 10, 2018, 08:22:19 PM
Paddy McBrearty is sick.
Has really come to life 2nd half when not in the game 1st half.
Didn't see the first half.

Seems hard on Donegal to have played well in all 3 games so far but still be on zero points.

Tough opening schedule, with Kerry and Dublin in their first three games. They look too good to go down though.

Hard to see them staying up after three losses on the trot. Kildare are near certs and all Tyrone need to do is grab any points before they meet Donegal and they're in the driver's seat.
Donegal should beat Kildare and Monaghan and get at least 2 points from the remaining 2 matches.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Quote from: straightred on February 10, 2018, 09:20:54 PM
Quote from: inthrough on February 10, 2018, 08:46:04 PM
The decision to put Murphy on when Donegal were on top cost Donegal the game.

And to give him a free straight away which he duly missed. A few mins later Dublin returned the favour giving Rock a free with his first touch and he missed too. Hard to understand the logic there.

Like Cillian O'Connor last week.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Schkite

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2018, 09:38:51 PM
Paddy McBrearty is sick.

Seems hard on Donegal to have played well in all 3 games so far but still be on zero points.

Tough opening schedule, with Kerry and Dublin in their first three games. They look too good to go down though.

Hard to see them staying up after three losses on the trot. Kildare are near certs and all Tyrone need to do is grab any points before they meet Donegal and they're in the driver's seat.
Donegal should beat Kildare and Monaghan and get at least 2 points from the remaining 2 matches.

I don't see why it should be seen as a given that Donegal will beat Monaghan, seeing as we generally do fairly well against Donegal in the league and we're at home.

inthrough

Quote from: Schkite on February 10, 2018, 11:29:17 PM
Paddy McBrearty is sick.

I don't see why it should be seen as a given that Donegal will beat Monaghan, seeing as we generally do fairly well against Donegal in the league and we're at home.
There are no givens but Donegal have 4 games left against Mayo, Tyrone, Monaghan & Kildare none of whom are tearing up trees. Of that group I would give Donegal a good chance of winning three, all the ingredients are there & if we get Murph back to decent form we should be in with a good shout.

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on February 10, 2018, 11:29:17 PM
Paddy McBrearty is sick.

Don't mind Seafold, he's punching above his weight level when it comes to dire predictions about Monaghan.
We'll toye with Donegal.

omagh_gael

Paddy McBrearty's performance reminded me of Stevy O'Neill in full flow. He was totally unmarkable in the second half. Can't believe he didn't get MotM.

Those Michael Murphy frees completely took the wind out of Donegal's sails, can't believe they gave them to a sub who hadn't even got a chance to stretch his legs. I wonder was that a management calll or Murphy himself?

Nanderson

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 11, 2018, 08:29:17 AM
Paddy McBrearty's performance reminded me of Stevy O'Neill in full flow. He was totally unmarkable in the second half. Can't believe he didn't get MotM.

Those Michael Murphy frees completely took the wind out of Donegal's sails, can't believe they gave them to a sub who hadn't even got a chance to stretch his legs. I wonder was that a management calll or Murphy himself?
You could see Paddy McBrearty showing murphy the ball as he was coming on signalling more that paddy wanted murphy to hit the free

omagh_gael

Surely Monaghan and Kerry will be under threat with the weather?

Kildare should be grand. What's Galway like? Any snow around?

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

redcard

Quote from: Nanderson on February 11, 2018, 10:41:45 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 11, 2018, 08:29:17 AM

You could see Paddy McBrearty showing murphy the ball as he was coming on signalling more that paddy wanted murphy to hit the free

Dean Rock did exactly the same though

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 11, 2018, 10:43:41 AM
Surely Monaghan and Kerry will be under threat with the weather?

Kildare should be grand. What's Galway like? Any snow around?

Newbridge might be a bit past its sell by date as a stadium but the pitch has always been top class. I can't remember the last time a game was called off here.

Mayo4Sam14

Where has Dermo Connolly been?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Gael85

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 11, 2018, 01:08:27 PM
Where has Dermo Connolly been?

Only returned to training this week so will probably feature in next  game.