The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Everybody is underestimating Scotland. There's a whiff of complacency in the air. Lethal.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on February 02, 2017, 10:01:49 PM
Everybody is underestimating Scotland. There's a whiff of complacency in the air. Lethal.

That's what concerns me. They will nail Paddy Jackson every chance they get. Imagine if we end up with Keatley at 10 for 40/50 minutes? I'd have thought Schmidt should have learned his lesson from the NZ game in Dublin where our back line ended up being a mess but clearly he doesn't "trust" guys from certain provinces. The hypocrisy regarding Madigan is outrageous. He did Irish rugby a favour by moving on. What would Carbery have done if Madigan was still at Leinster?

We are set up for a sucker punch on Saturday. Any poor kicking to the Scots will be punished but Joe seems to prefer bad kicking to keeping the ball in hand (Chicago excepted).

DuffleKing

Will Jackson by kicking penalties?

Syferus

The hype machine has really found an extra gear in few pockets of rugger first that drive this sport. It's a pity because we've a decent team that can give England a run if Sexton stays fit, which is extremely unlikely.

The continual sense of impending doom the surrounds the soccer team suits us as a country much better.

Never beat the deeler

What time is this game on at? Above team list has 4:25pm, but RBS6Nations site is saying 14:25
Hasta la victoria siempre

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on February 03, 2017, 02:43:06 AM
What time is this game on at? Above team list has 4:25pm, but RBS6Nations site is saying 14:25
Kicks off at 2.25pm

Syferus

thejuice

Lads aren't at the races at all at all
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Harold Disgracey

Very clever play by Scotland. We're in big trouble here.

screenexile

Will be interesting to see how the team respond to a bit of adversity. . . True test of where the team is at!!

Hardy

No penetration. Scotland defend our predictable efforts with ease.

Syferus

Not all down to Sexton being gone but we're bang average whenever he's not there. We got way too hyped for beating a second All Blacks side on their team holiday in Chicago. We weren't even at the races in last year's Six Nations, in case we've already forgot.

I saw British papers calling us the second best team in the world after the two All Blacks games. Maybe they were doing it with a smirk on the other side of their face. We're the second best team on the field today against the worst Home Nation team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on February 04, 2017, 02:36:20 PM
What did I tell ya.

You and a couple of others

Very slow and predicable... no penetration, plenty possession but nothing to show for it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Wait till Il Bomber Destro comes  ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.