The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Lads looking to see if you could help me out or point me in the right direction.  The girlfriend had bought us 2 tickets to Ireland v New Zealand.  But we've been fixed to play crucial game that day so can't go now.  She's not best pleased as you could imagine! So i've promised we'll go to one of the 6 Nations games instead.  Would ideally like to take her to the Wales game.  Are the tickets available for these games yet? Checked Ticketmaster but cant see any.  Cud yous help a man out and point me in the right direction as to where to get these or when? All help appreciated!

our_fella

Quote from: on the sideline on November 09, 2013, 12:13:56 PM
Lads looking to see if you could help me out or point me in the right direction.  The girlfriend had bought us 2 tickets to Ireland v New Zealand.  But we've been fixed to play crucial game that day so can't go now.  She's not best pleased as you could imagine! So i've promised we'll go to one of the 6 Nations games instead.  Would ideally like to take her to the Wales game.  Are the tickets available for these games yet? Checked Ticketmaster but cant see any.  Cud yous help a man out and point me in the right direction as to where to get these or when? All help appreciated!

I dont think they come out until Christmas time mate, and if they do, your usually stuck up with the pigeons, as the main allocation of tickets go through each province, then each club etc etc...

Your best bet is just ringing the IRFU on Monday

J OGorman

Quote from: on the sideline on November 09, 2013, 12:13:56 PM

If you havent offloaded the NZ tix yet, ring a secretary at a local club and tell him you have an offer he cant refuse. Alligning yourself with a club is the best bet, esp since the move back from Croker

Walter Cronc

Looks like a formal bid for the 2023 World Cup is to be announced today.

Would be brilliant if we managed to secure it!

Bingo

Whats the story? This thread very quiet with the Autumn internationals on.

Was a very timid and tame display on Saturday, cut open at ease. I see the Aussies had been on the town on Wednesday night as well and 15 squad members got in trouble so it, so I'd say the players had extra motivation to play for each other.

Alot of work to do before the weekend to keep the score down V a NZ team looking to go an entire season undefeated, first team to do so since the professional era kicked in.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bingo on November 18, 2013, 11:13:13 AM

Was a very timid and tame display on Saturday, cut open at ease. I see the Aussies had been on the town on Wednesday night as well and 15 squad members got in trouble so it, so I'd say the players had extra motivation to play for each other.

Alot of work to do before the weekend to keep the score down V a NZ team looking to go an entire season undefeated, first team to do so since the professional era kicked in.
I think the management team would be very concerned about the All Blacks game. Was very tame with a lot of handling errors and individual performances (looking at you Mike Ross) not cutting the mustard.

J OGorman

Quote from: Bingo on November 18, 2013, 11:13:13 AM

v quiet indeed. Sat was like watching us in the old 5 nations ie 6-10 missed tackles / match, a good percentage resulting in tries. Add to that, the unforced errors and carrying alot of average players, you'd be worried ahead of Sundays match. Any idea when Ferris is back?? The sooner Heaslip is roaded the better, without a doubt the biggest bluffer in test rugby. Offers nothing. Though we always play our best when theres no real expectation, but a team whos best players are aging and younger players not quite cutting the mustard, a thrashing would be a disaster.

J OGorman

deiseach

It was some day, but it looks like Brian O'Driscoll has had his. Be afraid, be very afraid...

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on November 18, 2013, 11:35:19 AM
It was some day, but it looks like Brian O'Driscoll has had his. Be afraid, be very afraid...

BOD is now a shadow of his former self, I'm afraid to say and now we've to fill gaps with inexperience players like Luke Marshall, Paddy Jackson and Madigan who in their own time may come good, but we're going to have to wait a year or two on that to happen.

As much as Ross was poor, I thought POC was terrible too, his handling was awful, not sure about Toner either, but I suppose if you're going to break lads in then the Autumn internationals is the time to do it.

Watching the All Blacks is always good, but you've got to fear for this Ireland team as Sexton will obviously be out and the rear guard defence will need to be good for very long periods of time.
Murray will start for sure.

What about Ferris, is he ballaxed altogether?

blewuporstuffed

i thought Eoin Reddan was terrible as well, a disaster defensively, and far to slow to get the ball moving when ireland are on the front foot
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

michaelg

Quote from: johnneycool on November 18, 2013, 01:14:09 PM

BOD is now a shadow of his former self, I'm afraid to say and now we've to fill gaps with inexperience players like Luke Marshall, Paddy Jackson and Madigan who in their own time may come good, but we're going to have to wait a year or two on that to happen.

As much as Ross was poor, I thought POC was terrible too, his handling was awful, not sure about Toner either, but I suppose if you're going to break lads in then the Autumn internationals is the time to do it.

Watching the All Blacks is always good, but you've got to fear for this Ireland team as Sexton will obviously be out and the rear guard defence will need to be good for very long periods of time.

Saw big Ferris at Ravenhill about a month ago.  Still had the big cage thing on his foot, so can't imagine him being back that soon.

Tony Baloney

Ankle rehab.

J OGorman

100%...even in his twilight though, still offers far more than any of those mentioned. Will be interesting to see how the next lock of years turn out under JS. Damage limitation this coming weekend, will be an exciting 6 nations ahead

AQMP

Quote from: J OGorman on November 18, 2013, 01:41:39 PM

100%...even in his twilight though, still offers far more than any of those mentioned. Will be interesting to see how the next lock of years turn out under JS. Damage limitation this coming weekend, will be an exciting 6 nations ahead

I haven't seen anything of France this autumn but England look like they will be very hard to beat.