Laois SHC 2023

Started by TheGiantSquid, July 31, 2023, 03:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

I think Ctown had 5 U20s starting Sunday and another came on. Ctown backs looked very comfortable on the ball Aaron Phelan young Kelly and Breen are only out of minor Shane and Joe Phelan were outstanding at the back aswell. But they still lost and were hard do by I feel they last free will haunt them as it wasn't a free.

redsetanta

I don't get the chance to go to the senior hurling matches as much as I would like to. Would lads say that the standard has got better over the past few years with the 8 team championship or stayed the same/dropped in standard?

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

From the Terrace

The ref who made a massive error last week in Premier intermediate quarter gets rewarded with doing the senior semi final, only in laois would this happen.

burdizzo

Quote from: From the Terrace on September 15, 2023, 10:32:09 PM
The ref who made a massive error last week in Premier intermediate quarter gets rewarded with doing the senior semi final, only in laois would this happen.

OK, it was careless, but it's easy enough done, and actually happens fairly often that a ref. gets the score a point out either way. Presumably he marked one down in the wrong column, just this time it actually mattered. I don't think he's the worst if them, actually, and I think he held his hand up, after - didn't he? What, would you have him struck off, or what? You know, there's not that many refs up to the standard in the county that we can be booting him to touch over that.

Spiritof1915

Quote from: From the Terrace on September 15, 2023, 10:32:09 PM
He's a quality ref. Mistakes happen.

From the Terrace

I know people make mistake, the least the county board could've done is drop him a grade for next weekend. The consequences of his error is another game on clonaslee St manmans - with all their dual players playing week on week now is a big ask challenging on two fronts. There is 4 better referees in the county imo. As I said nothing against the ref - I think governance is the main issue.

Laois man

At Least Rdowney /Errill got a replay Castletown got nothing only rode out a Sfinal spot.

Laois man

I feel it will be a Cbolla v Rdowney /Errill final. I hear camross were hurling in Tipp last weekend and played Kk in offaly yesterday. Rdowney /Errill going well in challenge games aswell. Both games should be close the weekend.

G@@

Big upset with newly promoted Abbeyleix beating Rathdowney Erril 3-20 to 3-18
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Did Rowland get a goal?
Good underage work being done in Abbeyleix, and they're in the minor final again this year. Could be a presence for a while.

Laois man

G@@

Abbeyleix V Camross final. Should be a good one.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Sideline12

1949 since there last final appearance it's great for there supporters
should be great excitement in Abbeyleix over the next 2 weeks

Smellyball

Quote from: Laois man on September 18, 2023, 08:52:50 AMI feel it will be a Cbolla v Rdowney /Errill final. I hear camross were hurling in Tipp last weekend and played Kk in offaly yesterday. Rdowney /Errill going well in challenge games aswell. Both games should be close the weekend.
Good call Mr Oracle 👍

Laois man

Ye Smellyball that's what I called. I don't think many people seeing a Aleix v Camross final but fair play to both teams should be a good final.