American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Clov on October 08, 2019, 05:39:06 PM
The Niners are legitimate contenders this year (if they can stay healthy).
hopefully the fullback is ok looked like best player on the field until he got hurt

Clov

Quote from: Gmac on October 08, 2019, 07:36:47 PM
hopefully the fullback is ok looked like best player on the field until he got hurt

Yeah, its weird to think of a fullback being so important to offense in this day and age but he does a lot for them in the run game and they are a very heavy run offense. He's also a very good receiver.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

gallsman

9ers look good alright but they're schedule gets mad hard from here on in.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Clov on October 08, 2019, 07:47:07 PM
Quote from: Gmac on October 08, 2019, 07:36:47 PM

Yeah, its weird to think of a fullback being so important to offense in this day and age but he does a lot for them in the run game and they are a very heavy run offense. He's also a very good receiver.
Defences are getting smaller and quicker so full backs are having a bit of a renaissance at the minute to counteract that in the run game.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 08, 2019, 07:21:01 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 07, 2019, 04:43:19 PM
Was at the Raiders-Bears game yesterday. Enjoyable experience for my first NFL game, even if American sports fandom is so fake and forced. Hammered Americans who can only shout "wooooo" or "yeahhhh!" when reacting to the game become quite tiresome after a while.

It was definitely made more enjoyable by the fact I had Josh Jacobs in my fantasy team and the guy I was playing was seated beside me.

Spurs' new stadium is absolutely incredible. It's like a way cooler version of the Aviva.

Was there myself. Great weekend. Brother in Law caught a ball lobbed into the seats by Harry Kane. Unreal stadium in fairness.

Same here. Very enjoyable though the result and performance of my team was extremely disappointing. I guess it's that flying east for a game thing but the Bears were incredibly sluggish versus how they've looked up to now this season, defense in particular. A costly loss for da Bears I feel.

Stadium is fantastic. It looked like an NFL stadium to be honest. So easy to get in and out. Our seats were fantastic and I'd say there weren't any bad seasts. Terrible queues at the bars/stalls though which was a pain as well as the idiotic mechanism they have for filling beers.

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2019, 02:27:38 PM
Was at the Raiders-Bears game yesterday. Enjoyable experience for my first NFL game, even if American sports fandom is so fake and forced. Hammered Americans who can only shout "wooooo" or "yeahhhh!" when reacting to the game become quite tiresome after a while.

It was definitely made more enjoyable by the fact I had Josh Jacobs in my fantasy team and the guy I was playing was seated beside me.

Spurs' new stadium is absolutely incredible. It's like a way cooler version of the Aviva.

Was there myself. Great weekend. Brother in Law caught a ball lobbed into the seats by Harry Kane. Unreal stadium in fairness.

Same here. Very enjoyable though the result and performance of my team was extremely disappointing. I guess it's that flying east for a game thing but the Bears were incredibly sluggish versus how they've looked up to now this season, defense in particular. A costly loss for da Bears I feel.

Stadium is fantastic. It looked like an NFL stadium to be honest. So easy to get in and out. Our seats were fantastic and I'd say there weren't any bad seasts. Terrible queues at the bars/stalls though which was a pain as well as the idiotic mechanism they have for filling beers.

"What the hell could that be?" I thought.

So looked it up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7zJHH704oM

Mad! Does look as fast, if not faster, than a regular pump? Maybe more can go wrong. Certainly wouldnt want my Guinness poured that way (although I'd avoid Guinness in a stadium anyway!)

lurganblue

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 09, 2019, 02:27:38 PM

Spurs ones were raving about this before the stadium even opened!

gallsman

The facilities and staff operating them were an absolute shambles. One of every three pumps working (they're not idiotic at all actually, they're highly logical, provided they work of course) and constantly running out of both food and beer.

Haven't decided if the video of Sam Quek heading off to get the coin for the toss minted or "Ilora" winning Raiderette of the Game (not quite sure of the rules for voting/eligibility) were my favourite worst moments of the game. One of the lads wanted to do to a designated Bears pub. We took one look at the state of the lads in it and ruled it out in about five seconds

Capt Pat

The Cowboys lost to the winless jets by 2 points. Inexcusable even with Amari Cooper going off injured.

The Vikings beat the Eagles 38-20 for a convincing win.

gallsman

Chargers' season has fallen apart pretty quickly.

lurganblue

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 14, 2019, 12:27:12 AM
The Cowboys lost to the winless jets by 2 points. Inexcusable even with Amari Cooper going off injured.

The Vikings beat the Eagles 38-20 for a convincing win.

Dropped Diggs from my other fantasy team during he week there.  What a great call by me... just the 40 odd points.

Mahomes and the Chiefs really seems to be struggling. The Rams offence is a shadow of last year's side.

gallsman

Refs absolutely fucked the lions last night.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on October 15, 2019, 08:15:35 AM
Refs absolutely fucked the lions last night.

Favourable calls for the Packers? I, for one, do not believe it.  ;D

Minder

Just watched highlights, Rodgers didn't get much help from his receivers, 3 clear touchdowns dropped by Graham, Jones & Shepherd for the INT
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

cadhlancian

Ramsey to the Rams....... 2 firsts and a fourth !!!! Complete madness..