Ireland does Narcos

Started by Therealdonald, July 05, 2018, 11:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Seen / smelt a few ones cooking up heroin, presumably a few weeks ago in Belfast City Centre, literally yards from Castlecourt behind a few industrial bins. Saying that....anything past Primark going up Royal Ave to North Street in the city is away to the dogs altogether.

Dublin has always had the problem unfortunately but in saying that, last few times I've been down - have really seen nothing untoward wit regards to people on streets etc.

Coke doesn't have the effects that half the ones commenting here talk of, slumped over etc. Those lads are either on the Heroin and gone forever or messing about with drink and prescription substances. Mess altogether. You'd be safer on coke.

Agree with the GAA clubs drug of choice though,  - very little we can do to curb it at this stage. I've always been in favour of a legalised system, government regulated so at least it cuts the legs off criminal gangs which have a further and more depressing outreach in this country moreso than others.

brokencrossbar1

10 - 15 years ago along Queen Street, Castle Street and round Primark it was all young ones and their bags of glue, now it's Coke. It's no coincidence that the biggest criminal law firms in the city also have their main offices there. Which came first I wonder? ;D. Seriously though it's a mental problem and I do get the idea of legalisation of it. The thing is though that legalisation doesn't mean that cheaper, dodgier and therefore illegal shit won't be sold by the criminal gangs. Can you imagine Knee Breaker Billy having a legit Coke distribution shop on the Shankhill? 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 09, 2018, 01:24:38 PM
10 - 15 years ago along Queen Street, Castle Street and round Primark it was all young ones and their bags of glue, now it's Coke. It's no coincidence that the biggest criminal law firms in the city also have their main offices there. Which came first I wonder? ;D. Seriously though it's a mental problem and I do get the idea of legalisation of it. The thing is though that legalisation doesn't mean that cheaper, dodgier and therefore illegal shit won't be sold by the criminal gangs. Can you imagine Knee Breaker Billy having a legit Coke distribution shop on the Shankhill?

But would it be checked regulated and tested? Rather than the stuff people are getting now? 

The heroin is far worse than the coke IMO, yes the coke is an easier drug and probably on the face of it more people using it but the heroin will just wipe people out after a while, your typical coke heads are young people, clubbers with a job! the Crack/heroin ones are generally skid row alcoholics or ex glue heads (or both) and seriously fucked up mentally, with poor family background and no support, other that the toe rags that are constanly making the heroin available to them..

Obviously there are ones from decent backgrounds and great families, but in the main thats what i see through Belfast.

Sad, seen a lad that was in school with me, lost to the world, couldn't recognise me when i tried to say hello
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

But would it be checked regulated and tested? Rather than the stuff people are getting now?

The heroin is far worse than the coke IMO, yes the coke is an easier drug and probably on the face of it more people using it but the heroin will just wipe people out after a while, your typical coke heads are young people, clubbers with a job! the Crack/heroin ones are generally skid row alcoholics or ex glue heads (or both) and seriously fucked up mentally, with poor family background and no support, other that the toe rags that are constanly making the heroin available to them..

Obviously there are ones from decent backgrounds and great families, but in the main thats what i see through Belfast.

Sad, seen a lad that was in school with me, lost to the world, couldn't recognise me when i tried to say hello

If it was regulated by the government at least there would be an immense taxation on it so some good could be made of it. Drugs are in, simply nothing you can do about them anymore - Ireland and most countries like it or not, consume and consume big.

I get Brokencrossbar1 point on there'll be those that undercut, i.e. criminal elements but surely if you have Product A for sale, 'clean' and legally bought at wherever they would have these clinics. There would be no need / less need for Product B sold by the Lithuanian lads the Sunday World seem to love calling "The Russians". Maybe I'm being too naive when it comes to cutting corners for costs?

Coke isn't really a "bad" drug....but that's why it's so dangerous, so easy to get hooked on a substance that really promotes a good time - lets be honest, that's why its so massive. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be mad for it all over the world, dare I say it - it's more of a social drug.

For the life of me I don't get why anyone would give Heroin / Crystal Meth etc a go - surely there must be that thought when you inject that for the first time that you know your life is on countdown from that moment on? But there again, maybe this is the problem - do people turn to that drug as their way out of life knowing what it will do? Is it calls for help that go too far? I'm really not too educated on heroin - to be honest the scenes of injection on trainspotting make me turn away sometimes  ;D

Milltown Row2

They take it to make their shit life bearable, so what does that say about their current life? It eases the pain and once you're hooked I'd imagine it would be impossible to come off it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

It's a major problem even in remote rural areas. Wife was at a hen night recently in a small rural pub and witnessed what was clearly a coke delivery.
Careful now

trailer

The war on drugs has been lost for sometime. The sooner the powers that be realise this and tackle the problem in a grown up manner, the sooner the real issues can be tackled. Drug busts and putting people in prison etc is a waste of time and resources. 

ONeill

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

I'd say he probably did know ye alright ye balax.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

quit yo jibbajabba

"Theres thon gobshite off the internet"

*head down, walks on*

Snapchap

Sadly, rural Tyrone is saturated by this poison among our young people. I have zero sympathy for any little toerag that ever indulges in the stuff. Aside from the decision to let themselves down by taking it, they are also letting down their families and their communities down, because drugs destroy these things. Anyone in rural mid-Tyrone will know of the stories of devastation that cocaine has brought to a number of families in recent times. And aside form letting down themselves and their families, they are also lining the pockets of drug dealing vermin. While it's great to have a peace process, it has to be acknowledged that in rural Republican areas like mid Tyrone, there was a proudly zero tolerance attitude to drug users and dealers, and people here grew up through those times proud to live in areas free from the poison. To any young person using cocaine - take a good f***ing look at yourself.

thebigfella

Quote from: Snapchap on July 10, 2018, 11:10:47 AM
Sadly, rural Tyrone is saturated by this poison among our young people. I have zero sympathy for any little toerag that ever indulges in the stuff. Aside from the decision to let themselves down by taking it, they are also letting down their families and their communities down, because drugs destroy these things. Anyone in rural mid-Tyrone will know of the stories of devastation that cocaine has brought to a number of families in recent times. And aside form letting down themselves and their families, they are also lining the pockets of drug dealing vermin. While it's great to have a peace process, it has to be acknowledged that in rural Republican areas like mid Tyrone, there was a proudly zero tolerance attitude to drug users and dealers, and people here grew up through those times proud to live in areas free from the poison. To any young person using cocaine - take a good f***ing look at yourself.

Was that the same republicans dealing the stuff out to the young people while adopting a zero tolerance attitude to their competition?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on July 10, 2018, 09:26:27 AM
"Theres thon gobshite off the internet"

*head down, walks on*

f**k! if he could open his eyes or afford internet I'd have said your right  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 11:25:26 AM

Was that the same republicans dealing the stuff out to the young people while adopting a zero tolerance attitude to their competition?

Was going to say that, plenty 'Ra men' would be dabbling in coke, and blow..

plenty poison out there being sold to people thats legal! Drink and cigs cause as much death if not more that Coke! I suppose that's a different story

Snapchap

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 10, 2018, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on July 10, 2018, 11:25:26 AM

Was going to say that, plenty 'Ra men' would be dabbling in coke, and blow..

plenty poison out there being sold to people thats legal! Drink and cigs cause as much death if not more that Coke! I suppose that's a different story

Maybe in Belfast (no doubt you are more qualified to talk about there than me) but in rural Tyrone villages during the years of the troubles, it was republicans who kept areas completely free from drugs.

paddyjohn

There is no doubt that during the troubles the provos kept areas drug free, but now its a different types of republican in some areas, its the type that claim DLA and hate the Queen but line their pocket each week with her money and are happy to deal drugs and use "the cause" as an excuse. 

Drugs especially cocaine are flooding rural ares where I'm from. I've saw first hand what damage drugs can do as I'm sure we all have, its heartbreaking how people can get hooked. Professional people who should know better. We are the lucky ones who never involved but I'd be careful of what you say, you never know when it lands on your own doorstep.