Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Galbally will do alright in D1 lads. It looks like it could be one of the most competitive D1 in awhile.

A bad start will see you in a tricky enough place coming into Championship football. I'd say Carrickmore and Ardboe especially will come out of the gates flying this year, they can't afford to get into a scrap near the bottom.

Moy will be the team people look to pick on this year I'd say, especially with Colm Cavanagh going back to the county set up and Harry Loughran injured - themselves and Derrylaughan will need a massive pre season. Donaghmore continually manage to get themselves safe and into the middle of the table year on year despite never really kicking on, they didn't look overly good anytime I've seen them / played against them over last 2/3 years.

Mikhailov

Think Harry Loughran was injured for all of the 2019 club season also, so if he plays any for the Moy this year at all then they should be better team this upcoming year.

WT4E

Is Sean Cavanagh defo the Moy manager?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on December 19, 2019, 09:50:23 AM
Is Sean Cavanagh defo the Moy manager?

I don't think they can get anyone else

inowbest

Quote from: BIGONE on December 18, 2019, 12:26:01 PM
Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory: Martin McConnell (Coach?)
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher: Sean McCaughey
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:Martin McNulty

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:John McGuckin
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh:
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil: Paudge Quinn?
Killyman: Declan Treanor
Urney:

Any updates on the list? Are there any above that aren't correct?

Heard Mattie was away to Carrickmacross?

Tyrone95

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 19, 2019, 09:30:40 AM
Galbally will do alright in D1 lads. It looks like it could be one of the most competitive D1 in awhile.

A bad start will see you in a tricky enough place coming into Championship football. I'd say Carrickmore and Ardboe especially will come out of the gates flying this year, they can't afford to get into a scrap near the bottom.

Moy will be the team people look to pick on this year I'd say, especially with Colm Cavanagh going back to the county set up and Harry Loughran injured - themselves and Derrylaughan will need a massive pre season. Donaghmore continually manage to get themselves safe and into the middle of the table year on year despite never really kicking on, they didn't look overly good anytime I've seen them / played against them over last 2/3 years.

I agree but I think galbally will be in the lower half of the table. still a very young side and 2 of their best players in the county setup will not help. Massive step up from division 2 as proven so many times - cookstown,eglish to name 2. There is probably anything from 4/5 teams who could win the league and anything from 5/6 teams who could struggle. Not many inbetween

Mikhailov

Fair overall assessment there Tyrone95. In reality as you say, there are probably max 4/5 teams who could finish top of the league (either first or the league play off winners). After that the rest could struggle if they hit a bad run. Two or three losses in succession will leave any team in trouble. Next year could be very competitive at the bottom end - it may take 11/12 points to avoid automatic relegation. The gap between the bottom 8 and top half is not so big but the gap to the top 4 is a big step, not easily breeched. As someone said earlier there are a number of teams who always finish in mid table but just can't quite make that push forward to hit top 4. Any of these mid rank teams could struggle next year if they hit a poor run of results.

The_Slug

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 19, 2019, 01:24:43 PM
Fair overall assessment there Tyrone95. In reality as you say, there are probably max 4/5 teams who could finish top of the league (either first or the league play off winners). After that the rest could struggle if they hit a bad run. Two or three losses in succession will leave any team in trouble. Next year could be very competitive at the bottom end - it may take 11/12 points to avoid automatic relegation. The gap between the bottom 8 and top half is not so big but the gap to the top 4 is a big step, not easily breeched. As someone said earlier there are a number of teams who always finish in mid table but just can't quite make that push forward to hit top 4. Any of these mid rank teams could struggle next year if they hit a poor run of results.

i could see this season being very similar to the 2018 league season. galbally came last with 9 points, pomeroy second from bottom with 9 also and Aghyarn the final relegation zone team on 10 points. unbelievably tight season that year and the same this year it looks like.

the fight for the top 4 was also tight that year with donaghmore and derrylaughan coming close to getting into the play offs.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 19, 2019, 10:42:11 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 19, 2019, 09:30:40 AM

I agree but I think galbally will be in the lower half of the table. still a very young side and 2 of their best players in the county setup will not help. Massive step up from division 2 as proven so many times - cookstown,eglish to name 2. There is probably anything from 4/5 teams who could win the league and anything from 5/6 teams who could struggle. Not many inbetween

Good point, Galbally act have 3 on the Senior set up now, Quinn/Kerr and Rafferty. Starred games going to be very difficult and I can see them losing all of them as it could take them a few years to adjust to life without 3 important regulars

Micky_mouse

Quote from: inowbest on December 19, 2019, 10:39:33 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on December 18, 2019, 12:26:01 PM
Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory: Martin McConnell (Coach?)
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher: Sean McCaughey
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:Martin McNulty

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:John McGuckin
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh:
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil: Paudge Quinn?
Killyman: Declan Treanor
Urney:

Any updates on the list? Are there any above that aren't correct?

Killyclogher only senior team without manager any word on them, new man coming in or staying with last years men?

skeog

John mc Elholm returning  to the blues according to reports.

Micky_mouse

Quote from: skeog on December 20, 2019, 01:28:11 PM

Be a big game when they come up against loughmacrory.

skeog

inowbest

Quote from: skeog on December 20, 2019, 01:28:11 PM

Well that's not true considering John is away to Truagh with Larry Strain.

skeog