Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Years

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 09:50:27 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 16, 2019, 04:31:58 PM
Why would they not have been favoured?
They won the minor championship and league at the same age group and so many of them have senior experience.
I would have been disappointed had we not won it.
Who are the ones who have a lot of senior experience? Excluding Monroe & Daly, I can't think of any more really?

Sean Donnelly, Ruairi Slane, and Tiarnan Murray all have a lot of senior experience although Wee Roddy didn't mention the words a lot.  James McGurk, Rory Donnelly, Lorcan McBride, Ciaran Cuddy, Oran Mckee, Conor Loughran have all got senior football at some stage this past couple of years.
Talk sense, most of them lads haven't played 60 minutes. Tiarnan Murray probably the most experience in that list. Should Carrickmore not be giving these men more chances in the seniors and maybe build a bit of consistency in the league
7 of them have played more than 60 minutes.  You keep to your intermediate football. We seen the standard that is when quite a few of starters from Galbally met us in the u21s.  A new county player limping off after 20 minutes holding his hamstring after getting a roasting by a 17 year old cub.  Then reappeared for the second half with his hamstring mended.  Quite embarrassing.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 11:25:35 AM
They won the minor championship and league at the same age group and so many of them have senior experience.
Who are the ones who have a lot of senior experience? Excluding Monroe & Daly, I can't think of any more really?

Sean Donnelly, Ruairi Slane, and Tiarnan Murray all have a lot of senior experience although Wee Roddy didn't mention the words a lot.  James McGurk, Rory Donnelly, Lorcan McBride, Ciaran Cuddy, Oran Mckee, Conor Loughran have all got senior football at some stage this past couple of years.
Talk sense, most of them lads haven't played 60 minutes. Tiarnan Murray probably the most experience in that list. Should Carrickmore not be giving these men more chances in the seniors and maybe build a bit of consistency in the league
7 of them have played more than 60 minutes.  You keep to your intermediate football. We seen the standard that is when quite a few of starters from Galbally met us in the u21s.  A new county player limping off after 20 minutes holding his hamstring after getting a roasting by a 17 year old cub.  Then reappeared for the second half with his hamstring mended.  Quite embarrassing.
The same 17 year old cub probably won't get a crack at the whip because the over 40s on your team refuse to move on, and nobody has the balls to drop them because they won an all ireland or two 10-15 years ago.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 11:39:14 AM

The same 17 year old cub probably won't get a crack at the whip because the over 40s on your team refuse to move on, and nobody has the balls to drop them because they won an all ireland or two 10-15 years ago.

Oh, don't you worry, the 17 year cub will be getting crack at it.  We can rebuild without dropping to intermediate football.

Balinderry in Tyrone

Hearing Moortown centre half forward Thomas Doris is in fine shooting form for holy trinity college in the macrory cup. Could be a big season ahead for the young sensation as he approaches his second year of senior football with moortown.

Taylor

Quote from: Balinderry in Tyrone on December 17, 2019, 12:03:06 PM
Hearing Moortown centre half forward Thomas Doris is in fine shooting form for holy trinity college in the macrory cup. Could be a big season ahead for the young sensation as he approaches his second year of senior football with moortown.

Welcome to the board Thomas

WT4E

Thomas hope you have a great season for the Mals.  ;D

Pearse Blue

Quote from: WT4E on December 17, 2019, 01:22:24 PM

Thomas hope you have a great season for the Mals.  ;D
Rookie mistake wee man.. Hit the frees this year and you should see a good return

The_Slug

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 11:48:52 AM

Oh, don't you worry, the 17 year cub will be getting crack at it.  We can rebuild without dropping to intermediate football.

there will be some craic on here when yous play in the league and them two men get to mark each other again  :o

as for the comment about the over 40s... I would dare to say that gormley and penrose would start for a majority of D1 teams, im guessing a lot of people on here would agree

arkle

I thought Carrickmore deserved their win although Dungannon never showed on the day and were missing two senior players Oran Mallon and Naoise Martin. Two evenly matched teams who should both be in the mix again next year, hopefully run off before black eye friday 2020.

TimmyTrumpet

Quote from: The_Slug on December 17, 2019, 02:33:24 PM

there will be some craic on here when yous play in the league and them two men get to mark each other again  :o

as for the comment about the over 40s... I would dare to say that gormley and penrose would start for a majority of D1 teams, im guessing a lot of people on here would agree

Thats far fetched even for the Trumpet

champagne football

bang average

Pearse Blue

Quote from: The_Slug on December 17, 2019, 02:33:24 PM

Not a chance, wouldnt make it on any team in the top 8 or 9. Carmen can keepem

The Golden Years

Quote from: arkle on December 17, 2019, 03:03:19 PM
I thought Carrickmore deserved their win although Dungannon never showed on the day and were missing two senior players Oran Mallon and Naoise Martin. Two evenly matched teams who should both be in the mix again next year, hopefully run off before black eye friday 2020.
Carrickmore where missing 2 senior players in Tiarnan Murray and Oran McKee plus their County u20 from last year wasn't fit to play the second half due illness.  Someone telling me on Saturday night that only 2 of our starting team on Saturday is over age next year.

OurKid 2.0

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 04:11:44 PM
Carrickmore where missing 2 senior players in Tiarnan Murray and Oran McKee plus their County u20 from last year wasn't fit to play the second half due illness.  Someone telling me on Saturday night that only 2 of our starting team on Saturday is over age next year.
Hearing only for the referee carrickmore wouldn't have won

GlenMan

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on December 17, 2019, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 04:11:44 PM
Hearing only for the referee carrickmore wouldn't have won

The Referee that sent three Carrickmore players off?