Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone95

A note of congratulations to Newtonstewart yesterday for hosting the U21 final. Pitch was in great shape for the conditions that was in it! Another title for that group of players- u13, og sport, u16 double, minor double and U21 championship.. hopefully delivering the big one in the not too distant future

BIGONE

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 15, 2019, 04:40:34 PM
A note of congratulations to Newtonstewart yesterday for hosting the U21 final. Pitch was in great shape for the conditions that was in it! Another title for that group of players- u13, og sport, u16 double, minor double and U21 championship.. hopefully delivering the big one in the not too distant future

Clearly a quality group of players coming through at Carmen. That was a very heavily fancied clarkes team with 6  Tyrone U20s? Were they all playing? I know McKearney is injured and may need an operation?

Tyrone95

Quote from: BIGONE on December 16, 2019, 12:29:25 PM

Clearly a quality group of players coming through at Carmen. That was a very heavily fancied clarkes team with 6  Tyrone U20s? Were they all playing? I know McKearney is injured and may need an operation?
5 or 6 u20s from what I believe yea. We had the one in cormac munroe. Mckearney was playing and was kept reasonably quiet - maybe down to injury but our lads definitely had the homework done to nullify the main men from the Clarkes

Theshooter

fair play to carmen, wouldn't have been favoured at the start of the year for that u21 championship but got the business done

Wee Roddy

Why would they not have been favoured?
They won the minor championship and league at the same age group and so many of them have senior experience.
I would have been disappointed had we not won it.

WT4E

Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory:
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher:
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh:
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil:
Killyman:
Urney:

Any updates on the list? Are there any above that aren't correct?

Killyclogher found anyone yet or are they going with Cathal Corey again?
Joe McMahon still with Clogher?
Is John McGuckin still with Brocagh - seemed to make good progress with them last year?
Paudge still with Kileeshil?
Johnny Laverty could do everything in Urney - manage - score - beat teams on his own?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 16, 2019, 04:31:58 PM
They won the minor championship and league at the same age group and so many of them have senior experience.
Who are the ones who have a lot of senior experience? Excluding Monroe & Daly, I can't think of any more really?

The Golden Years

Totally agree with Wee Roddy here although he didn't mention that the same team won the u16 league and championship double also. 

The Golden Years

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 09:39:21 AM
Who are the ones who have a lot of senior experience? Excluding Monroe & Daly, I can't think of any more really?

Sean Donnelly, Ruairi Slane, and Tiarnan Murray all have a lot of senior experience although Wee Roddy didn't mention the words a lot.  James McGurk, Rory Donnelly, Lorcan McBride, Ciaran Cuddy, Oran Mckee, Conor Loughran have all got senior football at some stage this past couple of years.

The Golden Years

Quote from: BIGONE on December 16, 2019, 12:29:25 PM

I think that says more about the Tyrone u20 management than it does about the Dungannon u21s #clueless

Pearse Blue

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 09:50:27 AM

Sean Donnelly, Ruairi Slane, and Tiarnan Murray all have a lot of senior experience although Wee Roddy didn't mention the words a lot.  James McGurk, Rory Donnelly, Lorcan McBride, Ciaran Cuddy, Oran Mckee, Conor Loughran have all got senior football at some stage this past couple of years.
Talk sense, most of them lads haven't played 60 minutes. Tiarnan Murray probably the most experience in that list. Should Carrickmore not be giving these men more chances in the seniors and maybe build a bit of consistency in the league

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 10:04:31 AM

Talk sense, most of them lads haven't played 60 minutes. Tiarnan Murray probably the most experience in that list. Should Carrickmore not be giving these men more chances in the seniors and maybe build a bit of consistency in the league
Continued.. 10th Last year and 13th This year, this trend continues and who knows????

Wee Roddy

They were safe when they were put out of the championship and the target turned to the U21s. They lost the last 5 league games. There were lads starting in senior games who were not making the reserve team earlier in the year never mind the senior championship panel.
Regardless of who Carrickmore beat to get there, a senior semi final and and an U21 championship is a fine return for a team in massive transition. I would have high hopes of the club competing for senior titles again within a couple of years. Johnny Monroe's return is massive both on the field and off it with the influence he has with young players.

BIGONE

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 10:06:43 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 10:04:31 AM

Continued.. 10th Last year and 13th This year, this trend continues and who knows????

I don't think Murray played either as he was ill. Makes the win even more impressive?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on December 17, 2019, 09:28:39 AM
Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory:
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher:
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh:
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil:
Killyman:
Urney:

Any updates on the list? Are there any above that aren't correct?

Killyclogher found anyone yet or are they going with Cathal Corey again?
Joe McMahon still with Clogher?
Is John McGuckin still with Brocagh - seemed to make good progress with them last year?

Paudge still with Kileeshil?
Johnny Laverty could do everything in Urney - manage - score - beat teams on his own?

Joe McMahon is in with McMenamin at Fermanagh, I don't think he's with Clogher now as a result.

John McGuckin is returned at Brocagh.