Water Charges. How much?

Started by Denn Forever, May 14, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashman

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 07, 2017, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 07, 2017, 09:47:03 AM
Fixing the water network costs  €€€€€s which will have to come from that "General Taxation" so beloved of the loonielefties.
So are we going to pay the extra taxes needed?
Yet all I'm hearing from the Government is tax cuts.
If you want Scandinavian public services.......

We pay more than enough through direct indirect taxes if FF/FG/Lab hadn't squandered so much money over the years. Hell - we even came up with 43% of Europe's banking debt one time when we were asked to. Where here's a will there's a way. Nationalise our oil and gas, or increase the royalties significantly) - that would pay for a lot.

We paid the banking debt that we were stupid enough to accrue .  That

Whether it was 43% of the Eurozone's ( not Europe's debt is moot) .  That 43% is not the case as further banking debt in other counties has come to light .

magpie seanie

Irish based banks accrued that debt. Nothing to do with the Irish people. Our stupid politicians put us on the hook for the debt. There's either a Eurozone or there's not.

Rossfan

As regards gas and oil royalties - how much of each is being extracted from our waters, what would be the royalty and how much would it bring in in a year?
Anyone any idea?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

We don't know and this clip, among other excellent insights, explains why. It's 7 minutes but worth it if you're genuinely interested in this scandal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ij_l5szHY

magpie seanie

This video clearly outlines the decline in the Labour Party. Either gross incompetence or blatant lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBvauCoE8-g

Boycey

My Cheque arrived today I'm rich for Christmas  8)

Rossfan

Will somebody please think of the half million homes who have to pay for their water?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on December 11, 2017, 10:54:06 PM
Will somebody please think of the half million homes who have to pay for their water?

They are outside Dublin so they don't really matter
You should know that by now
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 07, 2017, 09:05:20 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on November 25, 2017, 10:39:33 PM
You do know that part of the reason to tax water specifically is to tackle usage. If people have to pay for something you're less likely to waste it. Water is a very expensive commodity, getting people to use it sensibly and sparingly

Fixing the water network would achieve a lot more than an elimination of water wasting by the general public. I wouldn't encourage wasting of water but we're not a country that's short of water - it's just a problem with a creaking network after years of underinvestment that we're only getting a fraction of it to the tap.

You do realise that the water that comes out of the sky can't be drank?
Its costs a huge amount to treat water
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

trailer

We need water charges in the North. It was silly not to introduce them 15 years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57737142