gaaboard.com @ Facebook

Started by ziggysego, December 01, 2008, 01:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ziggysego

We do not discuss alias here Mayo4Sam ;)

45 members now.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stephenite

So the mod has decided that everyone has to declare their GAAboard username to him - I've left the group

gerry

feel free to join as you do not need to use your user name to join
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: gerry on December 02, 2008, 10:20:09 PM
feel free to join as you do not need to use your user name to join

you do now

ziggysego

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2008, 10:16:52 PM
So the mod has decided that everyone has to declare their GAAboard username to him - I've left the group

Ok, I'll retract that rule. But the rule of telling someone you add from the group, still stands.
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

Quote from: ziggysego on December 02, 2008, 10:25:43 PM

Ok, I'll retract that rule. But the rule of telling someone you add from the group, still stands.

The last thing we want is 5times running around stabbing people because he got their pictures from your group :P

The Real Laoislad

Most of the members have their picture already up so i don't see the problem if people can put a face to the name?
Its hardly anonymous if their picture is already posted anyone who knows them will be able recognise them from their picture
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: stephenite on December 02, 2008, 10:26:49 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 02, 2008, 10:25:43 PM

The last thing we want is 5times running around stabbing people because he got their pictures from your group :P

Don't worry, Pints hasn't a picture posted and the Bard isn't allowed to join.
Testing Accessibility

el_cuervo_fc

you're already getting power hungry Ziggy

Puckoon

I think this experiment is doomed to failure.

The number of posters who are happy enough to have their names known to people they relatively trust (i.e. long standing members of the board)
Vs, the number of posters who are happy to sign up annonymously  to maybe try and get some kind of scoop on someones real identification.

Ziggy I think you need to re-think the issuing of poster names. I think anyone should be free to sign up, but if you want to become friends with another person, its only right they know "who" (in terms of your fake gaaboard name) you really* are.

ziggysego

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 02, 2008, 10:27:57 PM
you're already getting power hungry Ziggy

How do you make that out? I made a rule. Found there was unhappiness with it, so retracted it. Can't say fairer than that can I?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on December 02, 2008, 10:28:42 PM
Ziggy I think you need to re-think the issuing of poster names. I think anyone should be free to sign up, but if you want to become friends with another person, its only right they know "who" (in terms of your fake gaaboard name) you really* are.

The rule as been retracted. Won't anyone listen??
Testing Accessibility