Food stops for u12 squad either side of Dublin M1-M7

Started by lynchbhoy, July 02, 2010, 03:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

hot on the heels of my other question on places to eat, I have been asked to source a place to stop to feed 30-40 under 12 hurlers travelling down from Kevin Lynchs Dungiven to Tipperary.

The places to stop are just before Dublin or possibly just after it (Route is via Newry ,M1, then M50 and out the M7).

Ideas and suggestions so far are the City North hotel at the stamullen exit on M1,
also the Fingallians GAA club outside of swords...
anywhere else that would be half decent but not pricey and easy to get to for the journey down?
Somewhere not far south of dublin on M7 also a possibility !
TIA

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Canalman

One of the 2 McDonalds on/near the Longmile Road might be the trick. The one imo near the Red Cow is too near a busy road so maybe the one near to the Kylemore Rd might be best bet. Parking for coaches there also.

Don't think too many other establishments are too suited for 40 "rampaging "kids.

Billys Boots

Don't help him; I bet he's just shortcutting the process to becoming a food critic, getting us to do his review for him.  two in two days - can't be a coincidence.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 02, 2010, 04:17:37 PM
Don't help him; I bet he's just shortcutting the process to becoming a food critic, getting us to do his review for him.  two in two days - can't be a coincidence.  ;)
LMAO
:D :D

Dinny Breen

Lynchbhoy, the Silken Thomas in Kildare Town just off the M7 is a regular stop for sports teams,  they'd give the lads their own room as well 045-522232
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Might be a bit far down but Midway at the Portlaoise Roundabout on the M7 has a huge car park and a food court with loads of options
You'll Never Walk Alone.