TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

What is up with Kelly? Long time missing. Gary Brennan handy hurler too.

I hope the McGraths do their double.

Gael85

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 27, 2021, 12:37:53 PM
What is up with Kelly? Long time missing. Gary Brennan handy hurler too.

I hope the McGraths do their double.

Tony got operation on ankle week before county semi final. Won't  be back until next year.

imtommygunn

Ah right thanks. Some achievement for a small club to win a county championship without a player of his quality. I suspect ballygunner will be too much though.

imtommygunn

What exactly does constitute a foul in hurling these days ;D

(Definitely not throwing the ball anyway)

Rossfan

Don't know what the GAA bother with filling up the TO with playing rules for hurling  ::)
As for having Refs.... they are just timekeepers/scorekeepers.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Both games were a million times better that the pish that was put up lately on the football!! 

As for the the rules, the ref is consistent with applying them to both teams, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Fantastic result in Tipp which shows the best qualities of our games.

We grow up play both codes of our traditional games and this is the pinnacle!!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonadmad

Quote from: Rossfan on November 28, 2021, 05:15:34 PM
Don't know what the GAA bother with filling up the TO with playing rules for hurling  ::)
As for having Refs.... they are just timekeepers/scorekeepers.

We get it

You hate hurling

Imagine if all the hurling  counties concentrated on football

Roscommon would be an even greater joke than it already is

Rossfan

Aw diddums did I upset poor hurleyman?
We're not as big a joke as Laois where they haven't yet discovered that it's the ball you have to hit!

imtommygunn

It was really entertaining lack of fouls aside. Ross fan did you watch it?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 28, 2021, 09:02:53 PM
We're not as big a joke as Laois where they haven't yet discovered that it's the ball you have to hit!

Laois beat the Wexford champs yesterday, and won well. No fouls either of any note.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonadmad

All our clubs play within the county boundary which is more than could be said for your lot

pjm

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 09:21:06 PM

Laois beat the Wexford champs yesterday, and won well. No fouls either of any note.

Wexford lads lost the head near the end, loads of yellow cards.
Tipp game was class, ref swallowed the whistle a few times near end which added to excitement

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pjm on November 28, 2021, 10:56:34 PM

Tipp game was class, ref swallowed the whistle a few times near end which added to excitement

The jealousy is strong in Rossman, he wishes he had have hurled but was unskilled...

rodney trotter

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 11:06:16 PM
Quote from: pjm on November 28, 2021, 10:56:34 PM

The jealousy is strong in Rossman, he wishes he had have hurled but was unskilled...
No hurleystuff  round here thank God.
Anyway it was only for lads who couldn't kick a ball. They were given a stick and a few stones and tould to go off hitting the stones while the footballers were playing a game.