Started by tiempo, May 23, 2022, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 27, 2022, 02:16:08 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2022, 12:55:15 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2022, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2022, 12:24:02 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2022, 12:00:40 PM
Upon reading Mackin is out this morning my heart sank a bit. It really is die dog or shite the licence for Armagh. Could end up very similar to Donegal game.
That was known months ago...
Tell today's Irish News that.
Thought it was well enough known that he was out for the season after an eye injury he got in training and that was why he accepted his ban for Donegal.

According to the IN he got the injury in an off the ball incident in the aftermath of the Donegal league game
Read that today but had heard at the time it was in training. Not that it matters anyway...

Armagh18

Quote from: 5times5times on May 27, 2022, 01:26:09 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2022, 12:53:33 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on May 27, 2022, 12:31:35 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2022, 12:24:53 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on May 27, 2022, 12:01:31 PM
Jamie Clarke is back with Armagh. Desperation times for Geezer. Lose and he's surely gone.
is he yeah?

Which part are you puzzled about?
The bit where you've made that up?

So the images of him head to toe in armagh gear, the training bras, along with being with the team for 1 of their challenge games?
Where are these images? There was a team photo put on twitter the other day and no sign of him.

naka

Upon reading Mackin is out this morning my heart sank a bit. It really is die dog or shite the licence for Armagh. Could end up very similar to Donegal game.
Thought it was well enough known that he was out for the season after an eye injury he got in training and that was why he accepted his ban for Donegal.

According to the IN he got the injury in an off the ball incident in the aftermath of the Donegal league game
he got injured in training and has had  a second operation.
its known that he was out for the rest of the season and maybe into next year

and Jamie is not back with the county , he has only committed to Cross at the moment

tonto1888

Quote from: naka on May 27, 2022, 02:19:51 PM

and Jamie is not back with the county , he has only committed to Cross at the moment

Talk at the Donegal game was he may not play again

5times5times

So he was photoshopped into those photos then? And wasnt walking across pitch with armagh teammates few weeks back? Cmon lads, drop your anti-cross antics.

DuffleKing

Armagh18

Quote from: 5times5times on May 27, 2022, 03:36:54 PM

So he was photoshopped into those photos then? And wasnt walking across pitch with armagh teammates few weeks back? Cmon lads, drop your anti-cross antics.
You're clearly on a wind up, but anyway. Where are these photos? And who is anti-Cross?

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 27, 2022, 02:17:47 PM

Read that today but had heard at the time it was in training. Not that it matters anyway...

It was from a training injury, went in for a block and the foot followed through and has affected his vision since.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: OrchardOrange on May 27, 2022, 11:47:11 AM
I've a bad feeling with this one. Hope I'm wrong!

No offence like, but you could be spot on!  ;)

Seriously, the League game was shadow boxing from our perspective, though Armagh treated it like Championship, and this is really what it all comes down to -- if we have any pretensions at all, then we'll prevail I'd say.  :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Loughshore2022

Hopefully Armagh can beat them. I was in Armagh at the Derry game, I think we underestimate the history of that city, the most important region in Irish history basically. It certainly makes me feel proud about being part of the Archdiocese of Armagh.

Loughshore2022

Quote from: HokeyPokey on May 24, 2022, 11:59:05 AM
I'm very interested to see how Tyrone react.

They should have no shortage of motivation after the league fixture and many writing them off and calling the hardest won All-Ireland in years as a fluke. Tyrone have played in spurts this year and have it in them still I believe, I think I they were similar last year, but a much different dynamic now.

The home advantage worries me. Tyrone normally have an excellent record, especially in Croke Park, of beating other Ulster teams in the AI series.

How can you call that the hardest won All Ireland in years? They didn't even have to play a quarter final. Also they were able to miss out on playing Dublin. Mayo didn't play up to their usual standards in the final from what I remember.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 28, 2022, 03:12:19 PM
Quote from: HokeyPokey on May 24, 2022, 11:59:05 AM
I'm very interested to see how Tyrone react.

They should have no shortage of motivation after the league fixture and many writing them off and calling the hardest won All-Ireland in years as a fluke. Tyrone have played in spurts this year and have it in them still I believe, I think I they were similar last year, but a much different dynamic now.

The home advantage worries me. Tyrone normally have an excellent record, especially in Croke Park, of beating other Ulster teams in the AI series.

How can you call that the hardest won All Ireland in years? They didn't even have to play a quarter final. Also they were able to miss out on playing Dublin. Mayo didn't play up to their usual standards in the final from what I remember.

They beat Cavan, the Ulster Champions, then beat two division one teams in Donegal and Monaghan. They were against the massive favourites for Sam, and who had been for a couple of years, Kerry. They then beat Mayo who had been consistently one of the best teams. They also won against Monaghan and Kerry with significant issues from the covid outbreak, not being able to train much, players not being fully fit and the controversy storm around it.

Yes, they didn't beat Dublin, but Dublin had looked off their peak for a year or more at that stage. They beat arguably the four best teams in the country (aside from Dublin and Tyrone). Yes, Mayo looked off colour in the final, but I think that was a good bit down to how Tyrone managed the game.

What all-Ireland win do you think was harder won?

imtommygunn

Any of their other 3 were harder won I thought. Donegal in 2012. That's not to take away from their win but winning when you have more games you need to prove yourself in and years were other teams have two chances I would have called harder.

ONeill

Interesting to see how this pans out.

I just can't see how Tyrone can simply turn on the white-heat tap after 9 dullish outings this year, bar the Kerry game albeit the Kingdom had nothing to play for.

Would love to be proved wrong.

Not sure where Armagh are either. They've wilted a bit after a promising March.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

balladmaker

Kelly, Mackin and now Grimley all out, far from ideal preparation, however what is most important is the health and recovery for each of them.  For their own sake I hope they're all back doing what they do best in an Orange jersey soon.

Seems like too long of a break from losing until next game, 6 weeks in Armagh's case.  Surely the gap must pose issues for management keeping training focused over that time, especially when your next opponents are only known 2 weeks before the game. 

As you say O'Neill, it's difficult to know which Armagh and Tyrone will show up.