Armagh v Tyrone [Athletic Grounds, Sun 5th June, 1.30]

Started by tiempo, May 23, 2022, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on May 29, 2022, 10:59:20 PM
I just can't see how Tyrone can simply turn on the white-heat tap after 9 dullish outings this year, bar the Kerry game albeit the Kingdom had nothing to play for.

Yerra, sure you could have said (and probably did say!  ;) ) the very same thing after the League Semi debacle in Killarney in 2021!  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

naka

closer to the game it becomes the more i fear for Armagh, this could be a defeat of the croke park magnitude in 2017

general_lee

Quote from: balladmaker on May 30, 2022, 10:20:01 AM
Kelly, Mackin and now Grimley all out, far from ideal preparation, however what is most important is the health and recovery for each of them.  For their own sake I hope they're all back doing what they do best in an Orange jersey soon.

Seems like too long of a break from losing until next game, 6 weeks in Armagh's case.  Surely the gap must pose issues for management keeping training focused over that time, especially when your next opponents are only known 2 weeks before the game. 

As you say O'Neill, it's difficult to know which Armagh and Tyrone will show up.
I would have the very same reservations but then heard Armagh put in a good shift against a top 5 county recently (challenge match so can't read into it to much) so it's hard to know what to think. Both teams need to bounce back after humiliating defeats and I think Tyrone will have that wee bit extra motivation.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 28, 2022, 04:35:22 PM
Any of their other 3 were harder won I thought. Donegal in 2012. That's not to take away from their win but winning when you have more games you need to prove yourself in and years were other teams have two chances I would have called harder.

I wasn't saying it was the hardest won championship ever, but it certainly was a hard won championship (as are probably all Ulster wins) and the hardest won in recent years, I wouldn't count ten years a go as recent, as much as it feels it.

I think the qualifiers does make it harder, but it comes down to the difficulty of opponents and Tyrone had 4/5 hard matches. That is not often the case for most all-Ireland winning teams.

Orior

Quote from: naka on May 30, 2022, 10:50:57 AM
closer to the game it becomes the more i fear for Armagh, this could be a defeat of the croke park magnitude in 2017

I fear that you are right :-/
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Redhand Santa

Quote from: general_lee on May 30, 2022, 11:02:08 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on May 30, 2022, 10:20:01 AM
Kelly, Mackin and now Grimley all out, far from ideal preparation, however what is most important is the health and recovery for each of them.  For their own sake I hope they're all back doing what they do best in an Orange jersey soon.

Seems like too long of a break from losing until next game, 6 weeks in Armagh's case.  Surely the gap must pose issues for management keeping training focused over that time, especially when your next opponents are only known 2 weeks before the game. 

As you say O'Neill, it's difficult to know which Armagh and Tyrone will show up.
I would have the very same reservations but then heard Armagh put in a good shift against a top 5 county recently (challenge match so can't read into it to much) so it's hard to know what to think. Both teams need to bounce back after humiliating defeats and I think Tyrone will have that wee bit extra motivation.

There's something badly wrong of Armagh aren't highly motivated to play the current all Ireland champions and next door neighbours at their home ground in a knockout match. Especially with their recent championship record.

Armamike

It's hard to make a strong case for us.  We haven't done anything in the championship in a long time to suggest we'll beat even a weakened Tyrone side.  If this current Armagh team has anything about them they'll at least have a go and get stuck in.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Redhand Santa

Armagh have beaten Tyrone twice this year and finished above them in league. Tyrone were horrible against Derry. I still think they can turn it round but Armagh bound to be confident.

Armamike

Maybe the team themselves are but I haven't met any supporters who would share that optimism. Any confidence drained after the last match, which was disheartening.

Armagh18

Quote from: Armamike on May 31, 2022, 01:04:04 AM
Maybe the team themselves are but I haven't met any supporters who would share that optimism. Any confidence drained after the last match, which was disheartening.
Yeah the Donegal result and moreso performance really killed a lot of optimism about this Armagh side. The fact we're missing at least 3 starters to nasty long term, freak things is a disaster but for all 3 making a full recovery is more important than football. Doesn't help that a huge problem of ours is winning kickouts and the 3 lads are excellent fielders.

ONeill

Armagh will definitely get stuck in. Home crowd, sun high, memories of 20 years ago and the first round draw and replay, apples blooming.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 31, 2022, 08:23:34 AM
Yeah the Donegal result and moreso performance really killed a lot of optimism about this Armagh side. The fact we're missing at least 3 starters to nasty long term, freak things is a disaster but for all 3 making a full recovery is more important than football. Doesn't help that a huge problem of ours is winning kickouts and the 3 lads are excellent fielders.

who are the 3 missing for Armagh?

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on May 31, 2022, 08:47:19 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 31, 2022, 08:23:34 AM
Ciaran Mackin (eye), Tiarnan Kelly (blood clots) and Niall Grimley (neck injury).

who are the 3 missing for Armagh?

marty34

Quote from: ONeill on May 31, 2022, 08:30:59 AM
Armagh will definitely get stuck in. Home crowd, sun high, memories of 20 years ago and the first round draw and replay, apples blooming.

Very poetic O'Neill!

Armamike

Quote from: ONeill on May 31, 2022, 08:30:59 AM

20 years.  Scary!