Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: thewobbler on June 21, 2023, 02:56:09 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on June 21, 2023, 02:19:44 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 21, 2023, 02:10:21 PM

So why would Kane move? At this stage of his career, CL football is only a lure if there's a strong chance of success. If all United can offer him is a chase for the top-4 trophy, he may as well stay at Spurs.

I'd be be pretty dubious that Spurs will be serious challengers for a top 4 spot this coming season.  They've fallen a long way back.

No doubt. But for 3/4s of a downtrodden season they were still tracking top 4, and this season they've no European distractions. We'll find out soon enough whether it was Conte's anti-football that got them into that position, or was sucking the life out of them.

I think you'll find it was Pochettino that was the outlier, not Conte.
Depending on how far back you want to go, Spurs have been top 4 twice in the last 5 years, 5/10, 7/15, 7/20. Poch's 5 seasons produced 4 of these 7 top 4 finishes, with only Conte and Harryx2 getting there
Hasta la victoria siempre

AustinPowers

Looks  like there's movement on the  Mount transfer . Is he really  the answer?

Top priorities  are a  goalkeeper and centre forward.  I can See the  new season starting with the  same heap of  dung on  the books , and nobody  of significance signed up

trailer

MASON MOUNT: HERE WE GO

An Watcher

An Watcher

Thinking the same of Havertz.  Really?

Jeepers Creepers

Mount is a decent player with premiership experience who'll hit the ground running. Not a transfer that will set the world alight but hey ho. Onto next one.
I think havertz will be a good signing for Arsenal. Their football will suit his play

trailer

Quote from: An Watcher on June 29, 2023, 06:16:29 PM
Is he that good?

No he's f**king shite. Can't wait to criticise him.

Joeythelips

Mount is a good player but he plays essentially in the role occupied by Bruno so hardly one of united's main priorities. They could sign the best midfielders around but imo if they don't sign a top striker I am not sure they get top 4 next season, never mind close the gap on City.

square_ball

Surely it will be a midfield of Casimero, Mount and Fernandes? Taking Eriksens spot in the team. Mount is a decent enough player. That's a decent enough midfield and if they can get a decent striker in along with the Inter keeper that'll be a good transfer window for United.

AustinPowers

Argentina /Villa goalkeeper Martinez  being linked now

Bit  of a headcase. But  that's what  you need.  De Gea  is like a wee timid  mouse in goals

snoopdog

The treatment of de gea is disgraceful. Shambles of a club. Sooner those glazer parasites are gone the better. They can't even sell the club without making a mess of It

statto

Quote from: AustinPowers on June 30, 2023, 12:31:29 AM
Argentina /Villa goalkeeper Martinez  being linked now

Bit  of a headcase. But  that's what  you need.  De Gea  is like a wee timid  mouse in goals
Uniteds greatest keeper in my lifetime(Schmeichel) was a headcase so no bad thing. 

statto

Quote from: snoopdog on June 30, 2023, 08:25:31 AM
The treatment of de gea is disgraceful. Shambles of a club. Sooner those glazer parasites are gone the better. They can't even sell the club without making a mess of It

The way they allegedly offered him a deal and then changed mind isn't a great look.  Would question why offering over 300k to a goalkeeper that the manager doesn't seem to want as number 1 choice.  Has been a great servant and was up with world's best in prime, but they should let him move on if ETH has eyes on another number 1 as could do a job elsewhere think he has enough credit in the bank at this stage to be treated right if they aren't going to play him much.  To me it doesn't make any business sense to be paying someone that amount of money to play in the cup games.  Not surprising though as United have continually made errors in transfers/contracts since Ferguson left. 

NAG1

Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 09:30:37 AM

The way they allegedly offered him a deal and then changed mind isn't a great look.  Would question why offering over 300k to a goalkeeper that the manager doesn't seem to want as number 1 choice.  Has been a great servant and was up with world's best in prime, but they should let him move on if ETH has eyes on another number 1 as could do a job elsewhere think he has enough credit in the bank at this stage to be treated right if they aren't going to play him much.  To me it doesn't make any business sense to be paying someone that amount of money to play in the cup games.  Not surprising though as United have continually made errors in transfers/contracts since Ferguson left.

Disgraceful way to treat a player who has won player of the year numerous times, has been nothing but a consummate professional at all times.

Why offer the contract if they were looking at other options. Unless they start to shift players out the door then they won't have the space to even recruit a new GK.

Anyone else find the Mount transfer underwhelming? Looks like a nice tidy player for sure and there is scope for him to grow and improve, but with other priorities more pressing in the squad it seems like a bit of a luxury one again.

AustinPowers

Quote from: NAG1 on June 30, 2023, 11:07:40 AM
Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 09:30:37 AM

Disgraceful way to treat a player who has won player of the year numerous times, has been nothing but a consummate professional at all times.

Why offer the contract if they were looking at other options. Unless they start to shift players out the door then they won't have the space to even recruit a new GK.

Anyone else find the Mount transfer underwhelming? Looks like a nice tidy player for sure and there is scope for him to grow and improve, but with other priorities more pressing in the squad it seems like a bit of a luxury one again.

Means very  little tbh (just like his golden   glove  this season means very little) .  It's a team game , and the team (and him)  hasn't been good enough in recent years. .  I'm  sure Phil Jones has been a consummate  professional in recent years  , but he's  hardly played in 5 or 6 years . Does that  mean he deserves a new contract too, just for turning up  at the training  ground and  behaving himself?

There's no sentiment in  football.  When you're  no longer valued  highly , you're discarded. Out the door .  That's the way it works. It's  a business  at the end of the day