Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 4051011 times)

EOC1923

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #26415 on: June 21, 2022, 12:57:54 PM »
There should be more options with the split season county/club. Look at Mickey McShane

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #26416 on: June 21, 2022, 06:20:55 PM »
Talking of Kilcoo... Conleith has a new two year remit there and for obvious reasons wouldn't even engage on the Antrim subject! Another serious operator. All about the timing.

Don't think we need to panic...keep shaking a few branches and you never know. Feel free all to generate a few warmed up leads....this belongs to us all.

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #26417 on: June 22, 2022, 09:13:00 AM »
Talking of Kilcoo... Conleith has a new two year remit there and for obvious reasons wouldn't even engage on the Antrim subject! Another serious operator. All about the timing.

Don't think we need to panic...keep shaking a few branches and you never know. Feel free all to generate a few warmed up leads....this belongs to us all.

Are you suggesting we 'take a punt' on someone who has never managed a senior club team for the Antrim senior county team? His success as a coach is on the back of Mickey Morans coat tail.

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #26418 on: June 22, 2022, 09:44:00 AM »
You beat me to it DK, some hypocrisy on show

Milltown Row2

• Catch yourself on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26419 on: June 22, 2022, 09:46:29 AM »
You beat me to it DK, some hypocrisy on show

I think Bannside is throwing out names, as are a lot of people, I'd say if he had his choice it wouldn't be Conleith
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #26420 on: June 22, 2022, 11:03:48 AM »
Having experienced working with Conleith Gilligan, he is a very impressive operator.  Without doubt he would add value to any management team in the country.

There's a reason Micky Moran headhunted him as his no. 2 at Kilcoo and they went on to win the club AI.

EOC1923

• View Profile
« Reply #26421 on: June 22, 2022, 11:28:55 AM »
No one doubting that, just highlighting Bansides hypocrisy, Antrim should ever have taken a punt on EMcG he had no experience etc etc now hes throwing names in that have never actually managed a senior team. Im a big fan of Deets by the way, Id say I know him better than most on here.

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #26422 on: June 22, 2022, 01:21:10 PM »
But were we really taking a punt on E Mc G....and the team he assembled wit the experience of All Ireland positive trails behind them with the medals to prove success.

Despite taking us from the basement lotta negativity on this board....which I am sorry to say follows a trend..

Jeez do we expect a lot of applicants to make application for the post, and looking within how many honestly look closely into their own domain and note individuals the previous management overlooked...

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #26423 on: June 22, 2022, 05:52:36 PM »
EOC for what it's worth I never said anything of the sort. I applauded the boards ambition to think outside the box and was optimistic that the collective of three newbies would deliver something exciting. Go back to that period and read my posts. Please try to be accurate when you makes claims like this!

CB going round saying we haven't the players, no manager will touch us. Again, more claptrap. Now having a pop because Bannside dosent chase up JMK....who is focussed on an ongoing project atm.

Slow day on the Antrim thread.

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #26424 on: June 22, 2022, 08:34:02 PM »
And where are those who E Mc G missed....attended lotta games over the past while must have overlooked hidden gems?

Perhaps somebody could enlighten me....

Duine Inteacht Eile

• View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #26425 on: June 22, 2022, 08:44:32 PM »
I think the point is that with better tactics/system we should have got a lot more out of those players than what we produced in our 2 championship games.

Our players are not world beaters but they should not be getting tanked by Leitrim. And, IMO, we should even be able to give a game to Cavan, like Sligo did.

Those players should not escape their portion of the blame of course but I think anyone watching those games saw quite a few sideline flaws.

And to answer an earlier question of yours, yes Endas appointment was a punt, a complete shot in the dark. Drafting a novice into inter county management, regardless of his success as a player, is most certainly a punt.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 08:50:43 PM by Duine Inteacht Eile »

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #26426 on: June 22, 2022, 08:58:05 PM »
EOC for what it's worth I never said anything of the sort. I applauded the boards ambition to think outside the box and was optimistic that the collective of three newbies would deliver something exciting. Go back to that period and read my posts. Please try to be accurate when you makes claims like this!

CB going round saying we haven't the players, no manager will touch us. Again, more claptrap. Now having a pop because Bannside dosent chase up JMK....who is focussed on an ongoing project atm.

Slow day on the Antrim thread.

Just when did I mention J Mc K....good lad see him down in Toome....
Never made any such comment.....

Caesar

• View Profile
« Reply #26427 on: June 23, 2022, 02:44:35 PM »
Maybe time to move on all the EMcG discussions. A mix of positives and negatives to take from his tenure but that that ship has now sailed. Maybe it's time to start looking forward instead of backwards

Saffsof82

• View Profile
« Reply #26428 on: June 23, 2022, 11:26:26 PM »
Lot of gossip around work today that Paddybradley has applied for senior job

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #26429 on: June 24, 2022, 10:56:14 AM »
Lot of gossip around work today that Paddybradley has applied for senior job

😂😂😂

in his short management career he been with a few teams and did absolutely nothing. Certainly not the man for our job