Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Itchy on June 10, 2019, 01:00:33 PM
Take it from me, the drive from Mayo to Newry is one of the worst there is in Ireland. If its on a Saturday evening god save you all.

Mayo fans won't mind the 7 hour round trip. After all it's all about the 'Journey' for Mayo fans. Feck me when you get a plethora of them going to see Mayo play a Junior club side in New York, sure this trip will be a doddle!

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Farrandeelin

Take it from me, the drive from Mayo to Newry is one of the worst there is in Ireland. If its on a Saturday evening god save you all.

Google maps brings me through Enniskillen, Caledon, around outskirts of Armagh. Seems a long hoor of a trek alright. Never been to Newry before. Never been to Down even. It'd be a double whammy of crossing out both a game and being in Down on the same day if I go.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tonto1888

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 10, 2019, 02:44:09 PM

Google maps brings me through Enniskillen, Caledon, around outskirts of Armagh. Seems a long hoor of a trek alright. Never been to Newry before. Never been to Down even. It'd be a double whammy of crossing out both a game and being in Down on the same day if I go.

Sure get a seat in the Armagh half of the ground and cross something else off

Halfquarter

I'd imagine it would be an overnight trip for the team , and most other people as well.

Tubberman

Google Maps tells me to turn off N4 in Edgeworthtown and go via Kells/Ardee to M1 and up to Newry.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Croí na hÉireann

The qualifier draw Gods are finally smiling on us. Long may it continue.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Feckitt

I've bad news for you Farrandeelin, the Down GAA ground is in Armagh !!

Itchy

Well if i was doing it I'd go Sligo, Manorhamilton, Blacklion, Florencecourt, Derrylin, out the Lisnaskea Road turn right to bring you onto Lisnaskea- Newtownbutler road, shortly after turn left bringing out out on Clones to Monaghan road, Go to Monaghan, Armagh, Newry

You wont see a hard shoulder until you get to Newry!

APM

Quote from: Itchy on June 10, 2019, 04:04:23 PM

Well if i was doing it I'd go Sligo, Manorhamilton, Blacklion, Florencecourt, Derrylin, out the Lisnaskea Road turn right to bring you onto Lisnaskea- Newtownbutler road, shortly after turn left bringing out out on Clones to Monaghan road, Go to Monaghan, Armagh, Newry

You wont see a hard shoulder until you get to Newry!

Give yourself a break!
Drive to Dublin and then up the road!!

charlieTully

Make a weekend off it. The mourne mountains on a summers day are a sight to behold.

trailer

That's quite scenic,a part from the Armagh bit.

macdanger2

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2019, 08:42:46 AM
Westmeath  1/10 v Limerick 13/2
Longford 8/1 v Tyrone 1/14
Antrim 11/2 v Kildare 1/8
Leitrim 5/2 v Clare 2/5
Down 11/2 v Mayo 1/8
Derry 8/15 v Laois 15/8
Offaly 2/7 v Sligo 10/3
Monaghan 4/7 v Armagh 7/4

Odds from PP, seems like they think 4 games are foregone conclusions although I think both Longford and Down are too long. Laois look like good value imo

Blowitupref

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 10, 2019, 05:54:15 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2019, 08:42:46 AM
Westmeath  1/10 v Limerick 13/2
Longford 8/1 v Tyrone 1/14
Antrim 11/2 v Kildare 1/8
Leitrim 5/2 v Clare 2/5
Down 11/2 v Mayo 1/8
Derry 8/15 v Laois 15/8
Offaly 2/7 v Sligo 10/3
Monaghan 4/7 v Armagh 7/4

Odds from PP, seems like they think 4 games are foregone conclusions although I think both Longford and Down are too long. Laois look like good value imo

Armagh best value odds there especially if Monaghan are as laboured as they were v Fermanagh. Longford odds too long, they have a decent qualifier record and Tyrone can struggle in some of these early round games. I would have the Derry and Laois odds closer than that.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Leinster five-fold

Westmeath -7
Longford +8
Laois +2
Kildare -6
Offaly -4

Works out at a fraction under 30/1. All in!