The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Has anyone managed to secure any tickets for  the World Cup next year?

Itchy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 24, 2018, 09:44:24 AM
Meanwhile in Caaaaaaaavan...

Meanwhile in cavan pre season friendlies are taking place with no one taking them too seriously and no one predicting glory on the result of same.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Itchy on November 24, 2018, 10:36:31 AM

Meanwhile in cavan pre season friendlies are taking place with no one taking them too seriously and no one predicting glory on the result of same.

No doubt you'll be the first clown on the bandwagon come world cup time
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Itchy

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 24, 2018, 11:05:38 AM

You rugby fans are very touchy, one calls me a clown the other a tit.

I'm sorry but this sport is over hyped by the D4 RTE media most of whom came out of the same private schools your rugby heros did (except the imported ones).

Mikhail Prokhorov

So is today's game v USA a friendly but last week was competitive???  ::)

Syferus

I know it's the one time of the year ye can't be bate by Roscommon but do you really have to take the opportunity to pick fights with everyone else?

bennydorano

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 24, 2018, 11:34:17 AM
Is it really that hard to understand Tests are competitive to varying degrees depending on the opposition? Bit like Championship, Armagh v Tyrone in 1st round of Ulster Championship beat lumps out of other, say the loser draws Waterford in the back door, same overall competition - different intensity and approach.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Itchy on November 24, 2018, 11:08:39 AM

I'm sorry but this sport is over hyped by the D4 RTE media most of whom came out of the same private schools your rugby heros did (except the imported ones).

Your obviously not a fan of it - no problem - why do you feel the need to come on to a thread and WUM on a sport you dont like.  You made it quite clear you think the games is a friendly in your initial post - why do you feel the need to keep repeating that?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

JoG2

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on November 24, 2018, 03:06:25 PM
Quote from: Itchy on November 24, 2018, 11:08:39 AM

Your obviously not a fan of it - no problem - why do you feel the need to come on to a thread and WUM on a sport you dont like.  You made it quite clear you think the games is a friendly in your initial post - why do you feel the need to keep repeating that?

That's those big titted-clowns for ye, their need for a virtual fix is insatiable ;D

Itchy

I'm a sage sent to enlighten ye rugby boys with truth and wisdom. What sort of sage would I be if I gave up that easily.

Itchy

Jesus coukd be a big shock on the cards here at 7-7, if US pull of this shock win it would make them the world's No1 team (official rugby fan ranking)

spuds

Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
Is it really that hard to understand Tests are competitive to varying degrees depending on the opposition? Bit like Championship, Armagh v Tyrone in 1st round of Ulster Championship beat lumps out of other, say the loser draws Waterford in the back door, same overall competition - different intensity and approach.
Well if Waterford are beat that's their season over. If the good old US of A are beat v Ireland what happens next?

Rugby is the greatest myth ever told, over and over again. You want to believe it is a test and not a bigged up once off game, away with you, to me it's all a bit like the emperor's new clothes.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Itchy

Quote from: spuds on November 24, 2018, 06:45:38 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on November 24, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
Well if Waterford are beat that's their season over. If the good old US of A are beat v Ireland what happens next?

Rugby is the greatest myth ever told, over and over again. You want to believe it is a test and not a bigged up once off game, away with you, to me it's all a bit like the emperor's new clothes.

Clown tit

Harold Disgracey

Andy Farrell to replace Schmidt after the 2019 World Cup.