2011 u-21 hurling Championship

Started by spuds, June 08, 2011, 02:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Leinster U21 hurling quarter finals

Wexford 1-17 2-12 Kilkenny

Wexford Park

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/30218/

Things are starting to look up for the yella bellies at last. Another chink in the Kilkennt armour. Another result in the "good for hurling" column.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

deiseach

You'll get some stick from the Kilkenny lads (if there were any here) for suggesting there is such thing as a 'good for hurling' result. There are only results. But you're right. The Wexford lads will have gone mad with delight, great stuff

johnneycool

Carlow and the Dubs tonight in the other Leinster semi-final.

I wonder if the very decent minor team Carlow had a few years ago will be the backbone of this team?

The Dubs would be hot favourites I'd have thought.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on June 08, 2011, 10:03:19 AM
You'll get some stick from the Kilkenny lads (if there were any here) for suggesting there is such thing as a 'good for hurling' result. There are only results. But you're right. The Wexford lads will have gone mad with delight, great stuff
I agree with Grover Norquist who said the goal has to be to shrink the old firm of hurling to the point
where they can be drowned in a bathtub. Or at least kept well away from the all-Ireland for at least 10 years.

spuds

Quote from: deiseach on June 08, 2011, 10:03:19 AM
You'll get some stick from the Kilkenny lads (if there were any here) for suggesting there is such thing as a 'good for hurling' result.

They will have to use the stick for something now I suppose !
Think there are a good few of this year's Leinster 21 winning football panel with the hurlers, might be the extra bit of confidence that helped them to stand up to the Cats this year.
John Hubbard

INDIANA

Dublin 4-11 to Carlow 0-11. Dublin had 16 wides.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: INDIANA on June 08, 2011, 11:17:36 PM
Dublin 4-11 to Carlow 0-11. Dublin had 16 wides.

With Dublin having 2 senior players on board it was always going to be an up hill task for Carlow.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on June 08, 2011, 10:28:07 AM
I agree with Grover Norquist who said the goal has to be to shrink the old firm of hurling to the point
where they can be drowned in a bathtub. Or at least kept well away from the all-Ireland for at least 10 years.

Ah, but Grover Norquist's logic would be to give them so many All-Ireland's that they would get sick of them, i.e. starve the beast. I think he probably knows less about hurling than fiscal policy - but it's a close run thing

spuds

Dublin got it handy vs the Faithful
Dublin 0-21      Offaly 0-8

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0624/1224299525533.html

Wexford had it even easier vs the Laois lads
Wexford 7-18   Laois 2-10

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=150146
John Hubbard

Hoof Hearted

Live coverage of Cork Tipp in TG4 at the minute
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: hardstation on July 15, 2011, 08:33:18 PM
Good match too.

Certainly is, Tipp on the wrong side of the goals this week.

Saw on the Committee Room this week that Cork havent won an AI Minor since 2001, or an U21 AI since 1998 ! Amazing stat that for Cork. Maybe that will change this year. Who do the play now in final ?

Minder

Didn't know Aidan Walsh was playing for Cork, he scored a great goal (Corks fourth).

Clare or Limerick in the final.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Minder on July 15, 2011, 09:00:08 PM
Didn't know Aidan Walsh was playing for Cork, he scored a great goal (Corks fourth).

is that the guy who got MOM in AI Football final last year ?

Minder

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 15, 2011, 09:13:48 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 15, 2011, 09:00:08 PM

is that the guy who got MOM in AI Football final last year ?

Yeah, they said he has done very little hurling coming up to this game because of his involvement with the footballers but you wouldn't think it on tonights performance.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

Sure they only have Antrim or Down next in the football, he is just getting extra training in   :)