5 in a row?

Started by Asal Mor, March 03, 2010, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 03, 2010, 07:58:20 PM
I think this year a lot of people will feel that they're owed one. Tipp and Cork especially.

Why on earth would Cork feel they're 'owed one'?

They've done nothing on the pitch the last few years to deserve it...

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 03, 2010, 09:40:49 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2010, 09:21:44 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 03, 2010, 09:06:11 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 03, 2010, 08:07:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 03, 2010, 07:58:20 PM
I don't think so. I genuienly think that last year it was thrown away by Tipp and KK could well and argueably should have lost.

Tipp will feel half robbed in a sense,

I have to disagree with this again, just like I did after the final last year. Indiana loudly proclaimed that the better team had lost and I debated it with him heavily. Kilkenny were definitely the better team in that match. Not by much, but definitely still the better team.

I know you said "in a sense" but Tipp have no legitimate reason to feel robbed, they were beaten fair and square. They put up a fantastic and brave performance, but fell just short. A feat to be commended yes, but the fact that Tipp came so close doesn't mean they "threw it away." To suggest it does does a disservice to the greatest team ever seen.

As I mentioned above, I agree about Tipp and Cork being big threats this year. Possibly Galway, but I doubt it.

I hope KK do it. Shefflin, Kavanagh, Hickey and Brennan all going for eight would be incredible.

I don't, I really don't want them to do it, be that bias or whatever, but they're just wearing thin on my nerves at this stage, their supporters are the most arrogant supporters in the country by far (coming from a Cork fan..or so we're told.) I mean they think every game is just a formality. And that is their attitude, no respect for any other team. That's the feeling they give out.
And I think that was really highlighted when Newtown played Ballyhale in the semi and was just unbelievable, I rarely remember such arrogance from a set of supporters, they were all convinced that it was just a formality. Thought they'd walk it, and that the players, the twins, the young players, some of the players in there..that none were good enough to even get close to them, or make it a challenge.
When they in the end just scraped past Newtown who didn't have their best day.
Like some are fine, but the others, are just tiring at the best of time.

And they're not, imo, the greatest team ever seen imo (D4 media at work.) But that's neither here nor there I suppose.

There were some bad ref calls if I remember rightly against Tipp in the final. And they missed a few chances, and will feel in a sense, that they threw it away. And I think that will motivate them a lot.

Galway rely too much on Canning, and until they learn to spread out the responsibilty then they'll always have trouble but could surprise. We'll see what happens with Cork this year. I couldn't call it. A lot of good work has been done, but we have lost a bit of ground over the last season or two, but I'm looking forward to it and hopefully we'll do well.

I don't think KK will do it, I hope they don't. I think a Munster team will do it this season.

Now that's just flat out a ridiculous thing to say. RTE has no bearing on that debate whatsoever.

At the same time you are, however, from Cork. So any cheap points you can get to tip the argument in Cork's favour is somewhat understandable. Somehow though, I very much doubt if you remember the 40s team, so you'll probably just have to admit that they're the greatest team you've ever seen.  ;)

With regards to Kilkenny arrogance, I think that's a load of tosh, particularly when talking about the players. The supporters are just making the most of it and enjoying their time at the top.
My point about the D4 media was what they push, all this about the best team ever

How many media outlets who comment on Gaelic Games are based in D4?