Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I would say Graffin and McAuley are sick as dogs.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

maxpower

Well done indeed to Dinny and his team, great result and great for everyone in Antrim when our team goes to Croker and wins.

What happens next????

NAG1

Congrats to Dinny and his backroom team and all the players. Great effort to go down there and win, Antrim have never feared playing Dublin and the boys showed that when their confidence was up that they could out hurl and out work Dublin.

The two boys that went away will be back and we are lucky in the sense that they left an area of the team in which we do have a bit of cover, been harder if they were both scoring forwards.

Push on now and give the next one a good rattle.

imtommygunn

We're struggling to cover Graffin in CB NAG. Really badly struggling in fact.

The Cork game seems to be said to be Croke Park by the web-site. I'd be sceptical of that just yet...

No way could Antrim - Cork justify a game in Croke Park. They couldn't fill it. We had poor support down on Sunday and Cork are the sort who will not go because they expect to beat us out the gate.

I'd still be hopeful of a double header with Galway - Tipp. Whatever else is on I'd be hopeful of a better match afterwards than Dublin - Armagh!

NAG1

ITG

I wasnt saying the cover was better what I was saying was that of all the places we could have someone missing this area wasnt bad.

I seriously thought we struggled at CB for all of the Carlow game and thought something should have been done but thats neither here nor there now!

imtommygunn

Agreed - whatever we are doing we are doing something right!

Cork probably a hurdle too far but beating Dublin on Saturday is probably the best result Antrim have had in hurling since Offaly in 1989. Whatever happens now everything a bonus.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2010, 02:03:25 PM
Agreed - whatever we are doing we are doing something right!

Cork probably a hurdle too far but beating Dublin on Saturday is probably the best result Antrim have had in hurling since Offaly in 1989. Whatever happens now everything a bonus.

f**k lads, Cork are not great at the moment so why the defeatist attitude?

Cork  1 to 9 are good but their forwards are nothing special and you'd be hopeful of big Hippy stopping Oh'Ailpin from catching ball. Not so sure how Jonny Campbell will cope with big Cussen though if he's No11.

I suspect neither Sean O'G, Shane O'Neill or Curran will not start due to injury and a belief that they've enough in store for Antrim so some of their defence won't be too experienced either.

maxpower

It is hard to fathom Antrim at the minute, I would fancy Dublin to BEAT Cork this weekend, so why can Antrim not, it would be great for hurling in this county if they do, you can pay all the coaches in the world, run the best tournament etc but nothing brings kids to the field like success. 

apparently Shorty played with a fairly significant injury on Sat, will he be able to hurl on Sun. 
What happens next????

samboswig

With Sean Og out, O Neill probably out and extra time in their legs from Saturday night, the Mighty Saffrons have a sniff. Well better this than Tipp or Galway comin in fresh.

clootfromthe21

Fixtures out for Sunday according to the County website:

- minors in Newry at 12pm

- seniors in Croker at 2pm

Pretty bloody stupid if you ask me.

Minder

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 19, 2010, 03:56:54 PM

Waterford v Galway minors is at noon in Croke Park so Galway would have had the same complaint if there game wasn't in Croke.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2010, 03:59:29 PM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 19, 2010, 03:56:54 PM

Waterford v Galway minors is at noon in Croke Park so Galway would have had the same complaint if there game wasn't in Croke.

One of the Dublin websites is suggesting the minor game might actually be Saturday in Newry, which would make more sense.

Minder

Would make more sense Cloot, you wouldn't need to be relying on the official Gaa site. It really is pathetic. Venes or times still aren't up on it yet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Craigyhill Terror

Minor match now in Crossmaglen at 12 on Saturday

Milltown Row2

Johnny your starting to sound like dinny! and we know where tha+ got antrim last time. cork are better than the teams that havent made it to the q.finals antrim would have been everyones choice to get. should we not give them a 6 point start then i'll be hopeful of a shock
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea