Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on May 25, 2023, 10:23:55 PM
5 started last night for them. Paddy McCarthy, Ronan Kelly, Oran Murdock, Harry Magill and Aaron Cole. Not sure if the others are injured or unavailable - but I know Niall Toner is out for the season and James Kelly is going abroad to play football.
We may not have set the world alight with who we beat - but they were wins nonetheless elk. Looking at the table we will have a real scrap on our hands to stay up but hopefully other teams results will be worse than ours.

Who is Warrenpoint's manager?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: manwithnoplan on May 26, 2023, 08:00:35 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 25, 2023, 10:40:27 PM
Why is Laverty letting county men play club games?

Personally I like that approach, as long as each club benefits equally. Always thought it very unfair on county panellists missing huge chunks of their club season, for limited or no game time at county level. I'm sure they are well managed in terms of recovery etc

Surely that's the point of the split season though. What would the response be if Heavron or one of the main players got injured? In Derry the leagues are just run off without county men. You could argue there isn't the same bite in matches but more club men get games

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 26, 2023, 10:50:01 AM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on May 26, 2023, 08:00:35 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 25, 2023, 10:40:27 PM
Why is Laverty letting county men play club games?

Personally I like that approach, as long as each club benefits equally. Always thought it very unfair on county panellists missing huge chunks of their club season, for limited or no game time at county level. I'm sure they are well managed in terms of recovery etc

Surely that's the point of the split season though. What would the response be if Heavron or one of the main players got injured? In Derry the leagues are just run off without county men. You could argue there isn't the same bite in matches but more club men get games

In sport people can get injured, part and parcel of it. Players can get injured in training too. Personally, I don't think depriving players of playing time with their clubs is a good thing. At the end of the day, they play football because they enjoy it. Just my own opinion, I understand some will see it differently through more of a county team focused lens.

5times5times

Lets be real... Most these players will be better challenged in their own club leagues, compared to Waterford & Tipp.

C'mon lads, 2 brutal teams and learn absolutely nothing.

Johnnysboys

[/quote]

Who is Warrenpoint's manager?
[/quote]

John Boyle is player manager..

Too many steps

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 25, 2023, 11:18:51 PM
Any Burren posters? I know we have a few but kind mind who - have a question about the Burren/Island game

I was at that one - pretty forgettable performance from a Burren perspective - ask away.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 25, 2023, 11:18:51 PM
Any Burren posters? I know we have a few but kind mind who - have a question about the Burren/Island game

What ya hear?
Gotta be something if you're asking!

Lloyd p

Loughinisland going really well this year. Players and managers deserve a lot of credit for what they've done so far

Square Ball

Gap developing at the bottom of Div 1, us, Longstone and Bryansford all on 2. Did think CPN would be in that dogfight but have 7 and not to far off a safe points total. Think it will come down to games against each other and the odd home win somewhere.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

SticksandStones

Has the Brannigan thing just gone away?

Johnnysboys

Quote from: SticksandStones on May 30, 2023, 03:30:40 PM
Has the Brannigan thing just gone away?

Of course it has. You do realise the club he plays for? County board are scared of them in general but when the county manager is also from there they definitely don't want to upset the applecart. Even if he was suspended for three games - the first thing Kilcoo would do is appeal caus that's what they do - no matter how bad the crime is..

downtothecore

No issue hasn't gone away. A kilcoo lad got busted in an off the ball incident at a reserve at the weekend so unfortunately problem still exists. Also brannigan has been suspended for a month so it wasnt overlooked.

PTC

Quote from: downtothecore on May 30, 2023, 05:17:57 PM
No issue hasn't gone away. A kilcoo lad got busted in an off the ball incident at a reserve at the weekend so unfortunately problem still exists. Also brannigan has been suspended for a month so it wasnt overlooked.

Plus carryduff wont share footage of their match with bryansford because of Connery's dirty action. It's laughable

Johnnysboys

Quote from: downtothecore on May 30, 2023, 05:17:57 PM

Suspended by who??

Sandstorm

Where have you been, do o you not know who administers suspensions, the County Board. Did you think it was Stephen ,Nolan o to Jim Allister. Why do we allow theeducationally challenged on here?