The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I'm going to disagree on Gerrard. I think he's been a distraction since he said he was leaving, and some of his comments were not in the interests of the team. Particularly the Balotelli penalty incident. I have great time for Stevie G, but I think he's been a small bit sulky since he realised he wasn't going to be the main man at Anfield any more.

I do think the club could have tried a bit harder to make him stay, but maybe Rodgers sees him every day and knows that if he is not playing and seen as the leader, he had to go. Can you imagine him on the squad, but the captain being Henderson? I don't think he'd take that well.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 11, 2015, 10:36:45 AM

A man I wouldn't mind seeing in would be Koeman,  I think he has the personality for it and the experience.  The time with Southampton will have helped him too in getting used to the way the whole shit house works.

If we go shopping in Southampton again it could easily cause a riot!  ;)

ludermor

I think Southampton have done fairly well from the Liverpool shopping spree!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 11, 2015, 10:36:45 AM
Quote from: Bingo on May 11, 2015, 10:34:44 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 11, 2015, 10:26:23 AM
Quote from: Bingo on May 11, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
Rodgers comes out with some rubbish and his comments about taking Gerard off yesterday was the biggest load of tripe I heard in a long time.

Stevie G's interview after the game was at a different level and really made light of Rodgers shite talk.

Funny I was thinking the same thing.  I wonder if this idea would be too far out there but do you think that in 12 months time SG would be a viable manager in a role that involves Kenny as his adviser?  Rodgers is really starting to sicken my hole with his Brentistic way of running things.

I don't know, think it would be too soon and too much of a risk. Would like to see him involved but the top job would be a massive ask. Plus for the job they really need to make a big appointment, someone who has ticked the boxes and will steady the ship - an Ancelotti type appointment for a 2/3 years with maybe Stevie with him. He could cope with having some a figure beside him, you get the impression that Rogders wouldn't and hence why Carra and Gerard moved on.

Gerard has spoken very well since it was announced he was moving on. He's had a few digs that he previously didn't. Never thought he had the personality for that.

A man I wouldn't mind seeing in would be Koeman,  I think he has the personality for it and the experience.  The time with Southampton will have helped him too in getting used to the way the whole shit house works.
When I first read that I thought you had said Keegan. Phew!  :-X

gallsman

Quote from: Bingo on May 11, 2015, 10:34:44 AM
Rodgers comes out with some rubbish and his comments about taking Gerard off yesterday was the biggest load of tripe I heard in a long time.

Stevie G's interview after the game was at a different level and really made light of Rodgers shite talk.

Funny I was thinking the same thing.  I wonder if this idea would be too far out there but do you think that in 12 months time SG would be a viable manager in a role that involves Kenny as his adviser?  Rodgers is really starting to sicken my hole with his Brentistic way of running things.

I don't know, think it would be too soon and too much of a risk. Would like to see him involved but the top job would be a massive ask. Plus for the job they really need to make a big appointment, someone who has ticked the boxes and will steady the ship - an Ancelotti type appointment for a 2/3 years with maybe Stevie with him. He could cope with having some a figure beside him, you get the impression that Rogders wouldn't and hence why Carra and Gerard moved on.

Gerard has spoken very well since it was announced he was moving on. He's had a few digs that he previously didn't. Never thought he had the personality for that.

I thought Gerrard had always loved having a few digs...

GJL

I think you may be getting a bit too romantic there BC!!

JoG2

JoG2

Quote from: JoG2 on May 11, 2015, 02:50:00 PM
Football by numbers, a good read, if somewhat depressing

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/05/listen-up-fuckwits/

I suppose this is why the first weekend of Jan (FA Cup 3rd round)is my favourite in the calendar year as there is a chance of a major surprise / upset

Bingo

Quote from: JoG2 on May 11, 2015, 02:50:00 PM
Football by numbers, a good read, if somewhat depressing

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/05/listen-up-fuckwits/
That looks shocking long and I've a few books started that I need to finish.

Can you summarise that up in one sentence please?

AZOffaly

Orior

I like this bit...

Quoteand yet, even without a decent fit striker, and with an ageing talisman, and with a young side, and without a certain world-class Uruguayan, Liverpool are hitting 'par'.

so Rodgers as done okay. The real trick will be to maintain (and improve) next season.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

Was that the interview with Gerrard where he miserly  belittled the generous standing ovation he received from the Chelsea fans? Personally I thought Gerrard receiving a standing ovation from his  sworn enemies had infinitely greater value than receiving an ovation from his friends.

In contrast,  a true world  class midfielder,  Iniesta  was quick to acknowledge when thousands of fans rose to feet to applaud him off the pitch at Celtic Park, even though by his standards he just had a middlin' game.
"It was a surprise, it was very special to feel the applause. I'm very grateful to the people who do that kind of gesture because it comes from the inside, and when it comes from the inside that's when it's real," said Iniesta. "People don't have the obligation to applaud. To be away from home and to be down a goal and for the people do that... it was emotional for me."
Iniesta's mother would have been very proud of her son then, proud of his manners and his eloquence.

deiseach

Armamike

Stevie's tactical awareness wouldn't be up to scratch for management if his playing days are anything to go by!  The likes of Anchellotti would be great, but i can't see us attracting anybody of his stature sadly, if last time is anything to go by.  I wouldn't trust Ian Ayre to be able to find his number.  Koeman looks a really good manager though and seems a sensible grounded sort.  Would be surprised if Rodgers doesn't get a good run at next season though and a bit more cash to spend this summer.  His credit rating is dropping though.
That's just, like your opinion man.