Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 24, 2024, 12:32:00 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 24, 2024, 12:29:23 PM
Quote from: jcpen on May 24, 2024, 11:25:57 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 24, 2024, 11:17:57 AM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 24, 2024, 11:13:40 AMWould McKenna risk his reputation going to United or Chelsea at the moment with the state they are both in? Both are a poisoned chalice. 

He has done a brilliant job getting Ipswich successive promotions, and there would be little expectations of Ipswich in the PL next year, survival probably the height of it. 

If he had any sense, he should bide his time before going for the bigger job.  United are still going to be in some sort of disarray next season, and Ten Heg going is a matter 'when' rather than 'if' at this point. 

If he had sense he should let Ten Heg absorb and resolve some of the issues over the next few months (clear out players etc) rather than jump into a mess he has not created, and get trashed for it. 
If he doesn't take a big job now, and Ipswich struggle next year, which is likely, He may never get an option of a big job again. Expectations are prob low for both United and Chelsea now so you'd like to think he'll get 2 years without much agro given the starting point.
He could go to either and regardless of how they do, he will be financially in a different place. Even if they ditch him before the end of the contract.
Vincent Kompany just got relegated with Burnley and looks to be on his way to Bayern Munich now!
There will always be exceptions. And I'd say that is more to do with kompany's rep than his managerial achievements.
Look at Moyles. Can't see him getting another big job (top 5/6). While good managers can have huge impact, There are so many variables in that role(some outside your control) that a bit of bad luck could see you failing very quickly. I'd just rather, that if that happened, I was financially set up for life

This what happens when you don't do well!

Graham Potter is set to receive around £13million in compensation. Chelsea paid a Premier League record £22m to Brighton. In addition Potter has earned around £7m in salary during his brief spell in charge.

That's my point. They took the big chance, and even with flunking in it, their set for life.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 24, 2024, 11:00:33 AMIN all honesty, can  anyone see Ten Hag  being still there next season?

I don't think  there's a hope in hell he'll be there come August, fa cup win or not. I would imagine his replacement  has been sorted out weeks ago

Having watched his FA Cup final press conference he doesn't sound like a manager that's departing.  Looking at those touted in the media to replace him none would be much of a upgrade and few would be down grades.   

On McKenna did a decent job as coach when Ole was United manager and has done well with ipswich he'll have plenty of interest from lots of clubs now but might stick with Ipswich for another year and avoiding relegation with them would be another successfully season

square_ball

Leaking that your sacking your manager 24 hours before a cup final is a maybe a good omen. Didn't Van Gaal win the cup a few years ago knowing he was getting the P45?

Turf

Quote from: square_ball on May 24, 2024, 03:13:15 PMLeaking that your sacking your manager 24 hours before a cup final is a maybe a good omen. Didn't Van Gaal win the cup a few years ago knowing he was getting the P45?
Banter club.

Nanderson

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 24, 2024, 01:54:08 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 24, 2024, 11:00:33 AMIN all honesty, can  anyone see Ten Hag  being still there next season?

I don't think  there's a hope in hell he'll be there come August, fa cup win or not. I would imagine his replacement  has been sorted out weeks ago

Having watched his FA Cup final press conference he doesn't sound like a manager that's departing.  Looking at those touted in the media to replace him none would be much of a upgrade and few would be down grades.   

On McKenna did a decent job as coach when Ole was United manager and has done well with ipswich he'll have plenty of interest from lots of clubs now but might stick with Ipswich for another year and avoiding relegation with them would be another successfully season
There were leaks when he was a coach that his trainings weren't very good. Has maybe improved but he was already thrown under the bus before to help sack Ole by the players

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Turf on May 24, 2024, 04:03:37 PM
Quote from: square_ball on May 24, 2024, 03:13:15 PMLeaking that your sacking your manager 24 hours before a cup final is a maybe a good omen. Didn't Van Gaal win the cup a few years ago knowing he was getting the P45?
Banter club.

Should be some banter next season  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clonian

Quote from: Nanderson on May 24, 2024, 04:19:24 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 24, 2024, 01:54:08 PM

There were leaks when he was a coach that his trainings weren't very good. Has maybe improved but he was already thrown under the bus before to help sack Ole by the players

Others said his and Carrick's training was very good but the message wasn't getting through to the clampits that were playing. Or the few that weren't playing were happy to leak out stuff to undermine the coaches too.

Captain Scarlet

Leaks from tools who were downing tools to rinse and repeat the cycle of hiring and firing managers.
Christ when you talk about clearing out players the likes of McTominnay, Maguire get named but they are decent lads who can do a job when needs be.

There are others who are feed info to the media and are frankly not grown-ups. They need clearing out. Even if they can play well, it's not worth it.

Some lads are honest but just past it. Prime Eriksena and Casemiro would be additions to any dressing room. Antony needs ran as a prime example. Sancho has played well for 6 months and can be good, but is he a good lad.

What happens if things get sticky with the new man in? As I said before Klopp bought adult men. United buy assholes for too long and then lads who are OK at first turn.

Hjolund seems OK and could flourish with stability. Garnacho is another who could blossom. Mainoo is already ahead of schedule. Dalot has improved.

But there will need a new centre back, left back, centre mids...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Antony tries but he just has very little ability tbh. Maguire and McT have slightly more ability and good lads that can do a job but just not top players. Hojlund, Garnacho, Mainoo and Diallo should be the basis of the squad next year. Martinez and Shaw are as good as anyone on their day but just cant stay fit.